"PVP happening on a PVP server"

Did it perhaps occur to you that I’m showcasing the illogical nature of the “noone is forcing you to do X, so you deserve X to happen to you” argument?

Noone forced Blizzard to be lax on faction balance ratios. The onus is on them to create it – not the player base.

It’s like going into a game of Overwatch where you’re repeatedly 3v6. You didn’t ask for that to happen and you have no control over it.

1 Like

private servers were better than this

Some of the best servers have been because of the imbalances. Look at how often the Horde on Frostmourne have had to work togethor over the years. Being out numbered 20-1. Its on Blizz to create the world, not how to tell players how to play within that world.

Here is an old description of Frostmourne.

Welcome to PvP, Son

As you may or may not be aware, Frostmourne is a PvP server, which means:

• You can, and will, be killed by the opposing faction once or more during your playtime
  • Your questing can, and most likely will, be interrupted by opposing faction players
  • You can, and will, be killed by an opposing faction player while you are killing a mob, picking an herb, mining a deposit, fishing at a lake, or running through the forest
  • Players of higher levels can, and will, kill you. They will do this repeatedly; they will not tire of killing you if you allow them to do so. If you return to your corpse while opposing faction players are still in the area, expect to be killed again. And again.
  • There is no such thing as ganking or griefing on a PvP server. In the words of Blizzard:

The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat. Actions that would typically be considered dishonorable actions such as, but not limited to; corpse camping, graveyard camping, or instance zone camping are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment.

If you are having problems with players of an opposing faction you may do 1 of 6 things:

• Call for reinforcement and remove them
  • Leave the area and quest in another location
  • Attempt to rez over and over until they tire of killing you (not recommended)
  • Log out of the game and go do something else. Return to the game after some time has passed and resume questing/hunting
  • Log out of the game and play an Alt who is in a different area
  • Leave the PvP server all-together and play on a PvE server

It is not the intent to be insensitive to the plight of those who are killed repeatedly when questing or hunting. It can be extremely frustrating. However, please keep in mind that existence on this server is entirely optional and all disputes with opposing faction members should be resolved through combat, not on the boards.

Remember, this is a war between factions. And War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

2 Likes

most are not willing to reroll they will complain here and then quit

Amusing…

Did you think this overly long post where you extol the virtues of imbalanced PvP is going to obscure the fact you’re wrong?

This is a game, not an in real life war.

Welcome to bad arguments to justify sabotage, “son”.

You expect blizzard to ensure a fair and balanced server, when in the past the very same faction imbalance has created unique server populations. No two servers are the same.

Yes, I do expect that. Otherwise, one has to assume they’re trying to sabotage their own game.

These justifications are getting flimsier by the minute. There is nothing you can contribute to this discussion other than “deal with it, slaves”.

We’re all tired of these banal cliches you spit out meant to enrage people.

1 Like

PvP is not griefing if that is what you think you rolled on the wrong type of server

Retail wow succeded for 15 years with faction imbalances.

You have no more issues if you roll on a pve server. Its that simple.

1 Like

You know what I said with those banal cliches? You’re being incredibly obnoxious for its merest sake now.

We would also have no more issues if Blizzard, I don’t know, did something about this.

Why haven’t they introduced the ignore feature yet? It was designed for people like you…

1 Like

Its not their job too. They created various realm types for you to choose to play on.

1 Like

I could make so many counter arguments to this, but why bother?

In the end, you’ll just keep saying it’s not Blizzard’s job (even though it clearly is), keep repeating that original WoW never upheld balanced ratios (even though the problem we see now is clearly much worse), and keep repeating the same old tired cliches of “PvP happened on a PvP realm” (which is just the “big lie” tactic meant to brainwash people).

You are a troll. Whether it’s just for sadistic pleasure, or you’re being paid to spread this, it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

World of Warcraft Classic

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat in Classic, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

• Corpse camping.
  • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player’s area effect spell).
  • Killing players well below your level.
1 Like

You are a horde player on a balanced or horde-majority server. Your opinion is really moot in this thread. Sorry, you just don’t experience what some servers are experiencing to be able to make any counterargument - as weak as they are.

This is unplayable and needs to be addressed.

I have experienced it. Thats why i created a toon on a pvp server.

They are releasing battle grounds early to counter this behaviour on Dec 10th.

Uhhh no… sorry to shatter your delusion but unless you’re playing horde on Heartseeker you are playing on a PVE server.

Actually. Last night i landed at Kargath while waiting for the other 4 players to get there. We dont run solo into BRM. Attacked by 2 rogues and a hunter. Rezzed inside the hut for some extra cover. Noticed more horde players outside and went to join them.

Along came a 10 man level 60 alliance raid group intent on killing the level 40-50 players in town. Us few level 60 players killed a few of them, and managed to free our flight master. Their raid team fell back.

We left Kargath and headed into Searing George. Just upon changing zones we were attacked by the 2 rogues and the hunter from earlier. Our 5 man lbrs group, having 2 shaman, made quick work of them. We continued onward towards BRM, passing the lower level alliance along the way, leaving them be - for now.

Getting close to the BRM gates, we noticed a massive swarm of alliance players heading from Thorium Point - they like to control that fp with atleast 30-60 players. We took the left run up the lava and managed to get inside the saftey of the gates. Hunter frost trap, frost nova, blizzard, gy run.

We ran back to our corpses and upon rezzing, noted the horde BRM chain defense pushing the alliance back outside the gates. We managed to tag a few stragglers before they died. A few honor points later we were up the chain and on our way to lbrs, excited at the amount of activity we had experienced from Kargath to LBRS.

Nevermind, my mistake. Sounds like you are playing on a RP server, because you lost me at “Us few level 60 players killed a few of them, and managed to free our flight master”

Please do not confuse your experience on your server (Yojamba) with the experience that faction minority players on high pop PVP servers are having… I’ve uploaded three videos as reference.

I wrote it in a slightly RPish way. The morale of the story is Alliance were camping Kargath. Alliance were camping Thorium Point. Alliance were camping the entry to BRM. Horde were holding the chain.

Despite Yojamba being a Horde favoured server. The ‘minority’ was there, killing and camping.

I watched one of your videos. Corpse running into a zone is normal on a pvp realm. Im confused at what made you think otherwise. I have only tried to offer advice and solutions that Blizzard themselves will tell you.

Expect this behaviour on a PvP server as normal. You had/have the option of creating a toon on a PvE server and you can choose to pvp on your terms.

ty sir for posting what every alliance on whitemane been going through