PvP Currency Changes and Dates

Hello!

We’ve seen your feedback and want to provide some clarification on PvP currencies as we go into Early Access and The War Within launch. Players will be able to continue to purchase Dragonflight items throughout Early Access, and we will reset currencies on launch day – August 26.

PvP Currencies

• Honor will continue to be earnable and will reset with the start of Early Access on August 22. At this time, we will temporarily change the honor cap to 4000. The Honor cap will return to 15000 with TWW launch on August 26.
  • Conquest and Bloody Tokens will cease being earnable at pre-season start on August 20 and will reset with new versioning on August 26. These will become earnable again when The War Within Season 1 begins.
  • The PvP vendors for The War Within will not have items available to purchase during Early Access so that all players will have equal access to level 80 PvP gear at the same time.

Warmode Gearing
We saw a positive reception towards the updates we made to War Mode in Dragonflight. In the War Within, we’re maintaining much of the structure, with some quality-of-life changes:

• Trophies of Strife will no longer exist. The only War Mode currency will be Bloody Tokens.
  • Nearly all world content will offer Bloody Tokens as a reward.
  • There will still be two tiers of War Mode Gear:
    • Only Tier 2 can be purchased from War Mode Vendors, purchasable with Bloody Tokens.
    • Tier 1 can be acquired through War Mode Activities
  • Bloody Tokens will now have a weekly cap that increases, like Conquest. Our goal with this is for the catch-up for War Mode gear to be through interacting more with War Mode systems, rather than the catch-up mechanic that we had with Trophies of Strife for honor. Additionally, the weekly quest equivalent to Dragonflight’s “Sparks of Life” quests will offer a large percentage of weekly Bloody Tokens cap.
  • There will be new PvP consumables offered by the vendors in Dornogal, purchasable with Honor.

Thanks again for all of your feedback, and we’ll see you on the field of battle!

17 Likes

and yet still cant transfer to other toons

6 Likes

Yeah, an update on that would be nice.
Great warmode changes though.

4 Likes

Hello,

Please consider removing the 25% transfer penalty of honor.

At the end of the day I am still the SAME person who earned that honor. Conquest I can see why it would have a fall off (though I’d disagree with, just because it’s an alt doesn’t mean I didn’t earn that currency), but honor gear is the starting point for alts. I think the easier it is to gear alts the easier it will be for people to want to give healers a shot.

-Flalia

20 Likes

Question: with separate warmode cap, is it going to give gear advantage to people who cap both conquest and war mode cap?

Speaking of honor points, is the team aware of the ongoing honor level bug?

If not, I would pass it along at the next opportunity. I get that it’s mostly cosmetic stuff, but still, losing literal years of progress due to a random bug can be quite the punch in the gut depending on how close the affected players might’ve been to certain “milestones” or achievements

No one likes to have years of work/progress “suddenly wiped out” for no reason due to some random bug. This strange bug needs some looking into

3 Likes

Can we get clarification on how upgrading our PvP gear’s PvE ilvl will work? With the removal of the PvP Vault, how will PvP’ers be able to upgrade their gear past the Veteran track?

In Dragonflight, gear bought from the Conquest vendor would stay on the Veteran track. The only way to get gear on a higher track was through vault dependent on rating (i.e 2400 rewarded gear on the Myth track)

Since the PvP vendor is the only way to obtain PvP gear, will the gear’s upgrade track be equivalent to the appropriate rating?

In regards to War Mode gear, will you be keeping the reduced ilvl of the gear, despite having no tier set effect on it?

In Dragonflight, War Mode gear had its own WPvP tier set because the PvP ilvl was 3 ilvls less than their Honor and Conquest counterparts. In TWW, the PvP ilvl is still reduced by 3 ilvls (and might I add, not as many stat options on the pieces compared to Honor/Conquest) even though there’s no WPvP tier set. Will we be getting the WPvP tier set or are you going to match their PvP ilvls with their Honor/Conquest counterparts.

Thanks, would love to hear a response on these.

1 Like

honestly nothing at max level other than normal dungeons should be available. Heroics + higher lvl dungeons, any kind of pvp token quest, and even honor shouldn’t be available for the early access. It’s an unfair advantage. Blizzard creating two tiers of players with this early access crap and it’s awful for the future of the franchise.

1 Like

Please no more warmode consumables.

What a stupid decision. Let us buy the honor gear during early access.

MY chars already have 15k honor cap. Will it be reduced to 4k?

Both were additive during DF and my understanding is this is keeping the same system but the big change is all world content will reward bloody token and you will now be able to catchup using that system.

Tch, this post is confusing, as per usual with most of Blizz game mechanics communications.

Will honor currency reset ONCE (22) or TWICE (22 & 26) ?

The start of your post contradicts the part about honor currency, what would be the point of lowering the cap to 4000 otherwise ?

1 Like

I REALLY hope they dont remove the 15k honor on my chars. It took a lot of time and effort to max it on those toons. i would be beyond mad if it was reduced to 4k opening day

1 Like

Sounds great.
I’m looking forward to seeing what the new consumables are. Though I hope none of them are disgustingly gamebreaking.

Also please add a level restriction on gravitational displacers.

Is going to Reset to 0 at the 22 then get a 4K Cap for the people who have early acces to farm, and on the 26 is going to rise again to 15k, but yo would need to farm honor again

1 Like

OMG, thats brutal. why even reset it. just shut it down until the 26th. SOO many people farmed the honor already. ALWAYs a punch in the teeth with stuff. i spent so many hours getting that honor

players were never equal - some people can play all day because they don’t work but also can’t afford early access and other players can only play after work and can afford early access. There is nothing wrong with a few days early access because no one us going to get ahead enough to make a difference.

2 Likes

they always reset this to zero every expansion don’t they?