[BUG] ...so, PvP honor levels are still bugged even after 11.0.2?

Was hoping this would’ve been fixed by now, but apparently not…

Just a quick recap on the bug, which is still ongoing:

before patch 11.0

• no issues at all… for years and years, across multiple expansions
  • a mouseover of the little “progress circle” in the UI of the PvP tab (the one that shows X/8800) would show something like this
  • due to it being a cumulative number, it was impossible for the number to go “down”… no matter what PvP activities you were participating in (arenas, BGs, wPvP, etc) your earned honor points would always count/add towards your overall progress

after patch 11.0

• for no apparent reason, and it seems random, some players are going to sleep with say… honor level 490, and the very next day logging in to find they are suddenly like honor level 100
  • the post-prepatch 11.0 UI message when mousing over the little “progress circle” (…the one that shows X/8800) is now different, it now reads as follows:

Because there was never any issues at all prior to prepatch 11.0, I suspect the root cause of this weird bug must somehow be related to the Warbands feature. Another clue is the change in the text/UI language from “all your characters” to “across your Warband”…

…so apparently someone in the dev team was tinkering around with somehow “tying” honor levels to the Warband somehow, and apparently they broke something or left some loose ends. Whatever it is they were trying to do, it apparently created an unintended bug where some players are having literally YEARS of progress suddenly wiped out “overnight” (for example ,the player that goes from 490 down to 100)

Possible solution?

Because the bug never existed before prepatch 11.0, maybe they should just completely “decouple” honor level specifically from all this Warbands crap, just don’t even mess with it and leave it “as is” - as the progress bar has functioned with no issues across multiple expansions, right up until 11.0 dropped

As for honor the currency? Sure, that can still work with Warbands since it’s just a currency. I imagine it’s easier to code that or tinker with it since it’s character-specific and not “across all your characters” like honor level

Assuming this gets fixed in a future patch, there is still the issue of restoring the affected players to wherever it is they were in terms of progress. I imagine there are pre-11.0 snapshots/backups of the characters they can reference for this - so for example, the previously 490 player who is now 100 (…thru no fault of their own) would log in and (presumably) be 490 again after whatever future hotfix or maintenance gets done

Would definitely be nice to see some sort of blue acknowledgement of this bug, since - as you can probably imagine - that player who was 490 (just barely short of “the finish line” of 500) who is suddenly like 100 (again… thru no fault of their own) is likely feeling pretty crushed right about now. Imagine how demoralizing it must be to realize YEARS of progress (literally, since grinding honor is slow) is suddenly gone out of nowhere due to some random bug :flushed: :grimacing:

5 Likes

This has to get fixed if im still missing 600 honnor lvls next expac im prob gonna just quit no reason i should just lose years of work

1 Like

Since you say you went from honor level 693 to honor level 99 post-prepatch in that other thread, you should go visit one of the PvP vendors listed below and try to buy something that is “locked” behind honor level… just so we can determine whether or not this is just a visual/display bug (meaning nothing is actually wrong behind the scenes) or if it’s an actual decrease (as is the case with the reputations Exalted —> Neutral bug)

Go to a PvP vendor and try to buy one of these pets, which require honor level 400 to purchase:

• Sir Snips
  • Bucketshell

If it’s just a display bug, you should still be able to buy these. If you are unable to buy these pets, then that means you actually lost 600+ honor levels :grimacing: - which is supposed to be impossible (the number is only supposed to go up)

These are the vendors you can visit to check on this:

Alliance

Horde

Go visit one of these vendors and report back to us/post what you see in this thread

If the items mentioned are red/greyed out - if you can’t purchase them - then that basically confirms the bug is real and not just a display/UI glitch

I would test this myself but I’m still 500+ even after the bug, we need people who are suddenly like 50-200 to go check on this bug by visiting said honor PvP vendors

2 Likes

i can still buy all the things for being honor level 500 so its a visual bug

2 Likes

Hmmmm, the next thing to check/rule out would be the BG scoreboard

Queue up for a BG, then open the BG scoreboard ( [SHIFT] + [SPACEBAR] ) and sort by honor level (clicking the little sword icon in the UI)… does it show you listed in the 500+ range? Or does it show your name listed further down the list closer to the 100 range?

Last time I checked this in a BG I was now towards the middle of the list, so I assumed the bug had “actually” decreased my number - but if you visited the vendor and say you can still buy the goodies then maybe there’s more to this bug. It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on here
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah - on my end I’ve dropped from 400 something down to 177. Sir Snips and alliance enthusiast are still purchasable but when i sort in BGs its still saying i’m at 177.

Super frustrating as it reflects so many hours of BGs.

I’ve tried reporting the bug and opening tickets but so far the automated response system is abysmal.

2 Likes

Same same

I reported it about 2-3 weeks ago, but haven’t heard back. Also used the ingame bug report button as well

I notice the “I used to be Exalted but now I’m Neutral after prepatch” reputations bug is still ongoing too… something else that also reflects many hours of time investment/grind depending on which reputation it is. Personally I know I’m not going back and regrinding old content to get Exalted again if it doesn’t get fixed, not happening

And the worst part is, I never bought some of those “requires Exalted” mounts due to lack of gold (at the time) - if only I had a crystal ball and could see the future I would’ve bought them all before the bug happened lol :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Idk why its taking them so long to fix this makes me not even wanna play anymore… years of work just gone…

3 Likes

I thought there were only 2 people with this problem, my honor was 304 it dropped to 66, while I was playing bg so far there is no fix for this bug, it’s quite discouraging, I already opened a topic, sent a ticket and they didn’t fix the bug.

1 Like

Just sharing an observation: if you have any alts you haven’t logged into in a while, they still show the correct honor level in the official WoW armory - but don’t log into them or they’ll register the same bugged/glitched lower number as any characters you’ve actively played/logged into post-prepatch

Personally I’m never logging into those alts for the foreseeable future, if nothing else they provide some “proof” or a “snapshot” that can be referenced in a future ticket or something along those lines

Nothing to do now but keep checking this bugs forum and wait for this to get fixed I suppose… whenever that might be
:snail: :snail: :snail:

1 Like

+1

Sometime after prepatch I noticed it. I am at honour level 16, however before the bug I was somewhere around honor level 120. I have the 100 achievement, and next is 125. I remember it was close to hitting 125.

Had a conversation with CS via ticket, and was told that there was no guarantee that I would be compensated or that it would be fixed for me. Best option was to post a bug report via forums, and hope that it is fixed across the board.

So here I am! Hope this gets fixed, as it is a bit upsetting.

Ouch… that’s quite the drop :flushed:

Yeah, I’m pretty disappointed about it to be honest. I hope that there will be a solution for this! I’m sure it might take some time because of the Xpac launch, but It does feel like I’ve lost a lot of work for nothing.

1 Like

Same problem here, lost more than +300 lvl no response from CS, they said just wait and try a bug report maybe some day will be fixed.

The most concerning part imo is how slow they are to respond to casual PvP stuff in general - so I’m guessing it could be a while until this gets fixed

But in the meantime, I really feel for folks who were “close” to reaching a certain achievement/title/mount/etc. Must be heartbreaking to be 395/400 or 495/500 and suddenly get knocked down to like 60…

If something similar happened with say… M+ rating or achievement points number suddenly going down for no reason I guarantee you they would respond within a week, Blue-posts would be out asap, etc :joy:

I imagine we’ll see more players affected by this bug each week, since every time they do maintenance lately it seems “something else” breaks or starts having issues out of nowhere. Perfect example is the Auction House - was humming along fine and then following one of these maintenance days it “suddenly” started having issues/was super slow/auction items mysteriously disappeared/etc

still not fixed

1 Like

still not fixed

1 Like

Just giving this a friendly bump, hope to hear something soon!

1 Like

It seems like a fairly simple fix to be honest, considering that it’s impossible for honor to “go down” (just like it’s impossible for reputation points to “go down”):

• somehow query the database to check for players who’s honor level shows as LOWER than pre-expansion (I imagine they have pre-11.0 server/database backups that can be cross-referenced for this)
  • slap together and apply some sort of “rollback” hotfix to those specific players so they are restored to the correct honor level

Now to be fair, it’s unknown if the actual root cause/underlying bug that caused the loss of honor levels has been fixed or even looked at yet - so it’s possible they’re still working on that and that’s why we haven’t seen any fix yet or heard anything

Obviously for a bug like this you would want to fix the underlying bug that caused the issue in the first place, otherwise players could lose honor levels again even if affected players were restored/made whole

Meanwhile with the guild banks bug there’s been scattered/second-hand reports of GMs and CS staff saying they’ve been working on that in the background “but no timeline is available”, so we can assume they’re also aware of these other bugs such as the Exalted-to-Neutral reputations bug and also this bug with the missing honor levels

1 Like

In tickets ive gotten back they say there awear and working on it but who knows when theres 0 communication with real people only ai prompts