Pvp community must rally together right now

That’s because world pvp is just that, completely random. There is not much skill involved when it’s 1v10 or otherwise.

This has nothing to do with pvp gear. World pvp has never had an impact on rated pvp. If you don’t wanna world pvp, roll a pve server or turn off warmode. That’s an option too.

The discussion needs to be focused on arena and bgs, and the gear rewards for doing that. Honor, conquest, or otherwise.

2 Likes

If you’re getting ganked rather than doing the ganking, the issue is more likely how you play than gear.

Battlegrounds and Arenas are supposed to have an element of fairness. If you have equal gear, it’s supposed to come down to skill.

1 Like

How about this as a compromise? I know and a PvE only player it will make. my life better.

Make 2, yes 2 PvP stats. One offensive, one defensive.

Whenever someone goes into warmode, or into a battleground or starts a duel, the PvE secondary star on their gear turn into the 2 PvP stats, you know like Strength can turn into Intelligence when you switch specs.

Then my personal favorite, put all PvP in warmode, no more flagging in the PvE shard.

PvE players get left alone, PvP players get PvP gear anyway they want and they don’t have to carry around 2 sets of gear

Interesting video i wonder where the pve stats went and why pver were getting versatility gear so much.

1 Like

Yah! Why do you think i stopped after 1500. M+ was giving better gear =D

Sorry, we just need one pvp stat. This has worked before and there is no need to change it now. Resilience, pvp power, whatever. You have it or you don’t, simple.

This is a problem because pve players play for gear, and pvp players play for matches. This is why in tournament every one has the same gear.

1 Like

You don’t really even need one PVP stat. Vanilla PVP gear was well differentiated without it.

I’ve been seeing a few YouTube videos pop up saying that PvP vendors have arrived but are providing underwhelming, borderline useless rewards. I mainly PvE but I’m still a World of Warcraft player who wants the absolute best for the game and the community, which includes those who mainly PvP.

It is in our and Blizzard’s best interest that they respond to what’s happening. This is the best time to make noise about this problem. I hope this gets resolved.

8 Likes

I don’t pvp a lot, but I am in the corner of those who believe there should be separate gear for pvp. While pvp wasn’t my focus in the past or present, I did use bg’s to help level and I enjoyed getting a set of gear for that specific task, it was another goal to work toward for me and something else to do in the game.

4 Likes

Thank you for this reply. As I said in my original post, we want to play competetive pvp again. The only way to make pvp gear as strong as pve gear without forcing pve guys to pvp, is to make it attractive for pvp only. This is why we need a pvp stat that only works in pvp environment. Resilience, pvp power, etc.

Which brings us to why blizz won’t do it, they say that two sets of gear will be confusing. But guess what, we already have two sets of gear for pve and pvp. We always have. The reason I’m moot.

We aren’t going away.

Exactly!

PVE players have their rewards for showing they are good at taking down bosses with weird mechanics. PVP players had their rewards for painting the battlefield red with their enemies blood.

You gain and edge against more powerful bosses and PVP players gain an edge against other players in PVP. This is just that.

Can you rally in a different game, preferably one where PvP is the main focus. It was simply tacked on here in WoW and has hardly ever been supported. I am not sure why you somehow think that is going to really change…

Rude. Wow pvp tournaments at blizzcon would like to have a word with you…

Was super disappointed with BFA. To be fair, I didnt join until late in the expansion so i was already massively outgeared by most players but the gearing process was freaking stupid. I have NEVER played this game for PVE content yet I felt forced into running stupid Mythics and sh*t on repeat to try to catch up in gear. All I want to do in this game is PvP and chill and if i have to do a raid or something for a piece or 2 then fine but im not spending hours on hours farming dumbass PVE content that i dont even enjoy just so i can compete in PvP. Things were and will always be better with PvP vendors that we can grind currency, from casual and rated PvP, and then spend at PvP vendors for the BEST gear for PvP WITH PVP STATS. I genuinely dont understand why Blizz has to overcomplicate things. No matter what Blizz says, two sets of gear has never and will never be an issue for the players. If its too difficult for Blizzard to work it out then the issue is on their end. Just let us PvP without forcing us to cross over into PVE more than we want to.

5 Likes

Those of you that say you don’t want to slay dragon and do pve content. Why are you here? There are a lot of pvp games out there. I’m not saying you should leave, but why did you show up in WoW in the first place?

That doesn’t mean that wow should be just pve, The pvper is unique play style and i agree they should have their own set of gear and stats to play their game just like pvers do.

7 Likes

We are here because pvp is here. And it was good. We would like it to return to when it was good and it could be easily done. We are happy to wait. Would be grateful even. I have clearly done some pve and enjoyed it but I don’t want to be forced to spend most of my time in pve when I want to pvp. I hope this can help us both understand eachother better.

5 Likes

I dont mind raids every once in awhile but PVErs spend HOURS on that content and id rather spend my time in PvP instead.

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys for posting your thoughts and experiences. Blizz is going to see this thread. Please continue to show your support and if you disagree I will try to explain as best as I can.

2 Likes

BFA is for PVE players. They have all the gear rewards.

They can yell at clouds and pretend that PVP players will gain an edge… Sure is. You gained an edge too by being good at PVE (M+ and raids). If you suck at PVE you can’t join most groups and Raider IO just makes it some kind of elitist business. For PVP players it just isn’t fun and brings an abrupt end to gain better gear.

4 Likes