Pvp community must rally together right now

I do not play the game like Venruki does, not even close. But I agreed with everything he said about PVP gear.

I am a casual player that loves PVP. WoD was the last time pvp gearing felt good to me.

Why are we acting like they can’t simply adjust this? Beta numbers are not absolute, they are subject to change.

I don’t know why people thought they would be able to get perfectly stated BiS gear from a vendor. This is an MMO RPG, not a MOBA.

Because they haven’t fixed it yet. They haven’t announced plans of fixing it. They haven’t even acknowledged it.

That’s why.

3 Likes

Blo, those pvp vendors give awful gear. If you take that into an arena guess whats gonna happen, people with pve gear are gonna smash you. Because pve gear will still be better in arena and take way less time to get. So you are completely and almost purposely missing the entire point. There is no scaling anymore.

1 Like

I never turn it off. It’s part of the game.

Quitting is, and always has been an option.

Yeppers warmode introduction just makes it more obvious that PVP stat or bonuses are needed more than ever. :+1:

2 Likes

Well the chart in the video showed that every conquest piece of cloth gear(all of them) had mastery, when its common knowledge that most pvp builds favor vers+something else, and that something else typically isn’t mastery. Like there is a huge difference between not optimized gear and every piece on the vendor has some of the worst possible combinations of stats you can get for your intended purposes. This also spreads to the caster weapons that also do not have an option without mastery.

2 Likes

We want to play a game that is good, not quit because it got ruined.

5 Likes

It’s not a big deal, it’s just changing a number. It’s not like they’re revamping the entire system or something. I’m not sure what plans you’re looking for them to announce, “Hey Veeola, we’re gonna change the number, thanks” ?

All classes use different stats. What’s garbage to you, is BiS for someone else, and just great for someone else, and maybe just slightly bad for someone else.

1 Like

Listen, the point stands. If you refuse to understand and make “devil’s advocate” replies then I simply will no longer try to explain. There is a reason the majority of us are in agreement here.

You’re right, it’s not a big deal for them to do. The problem is, Blizzard hasn’t been listening to the PvP community for years. So we have to hound them to do something so simple.

Yes, and stats were far better optimized per class back in the day. I remember having to chose between what were my best stats and my 4 piece set bonus back in WoD and that was an ACTUAL interesting choice.

5 Likes

Blizzard listened? They half assed the job.

PVP was an important part of WoW and PVP stats and sets were awesome. I admired people who took the time to get geared up like this. I am not the best in PVP, but this is one of the thing I liked the most about the game back in the day and I was happy when I first bought pieces of set.

7 Likes

I notice the original poster doesn’t mention the most important and fun form of PVP: world PVP. No, we don’t need a special PVP stat. At most we need more customization of armor so that people can customize their gear for their preferred form of PVP or PVE, though the combination of Azerite gear and sockets did a reasonably good job in BFA.

This is gonna make me sound rude. It’s not meant to. Your highest achievement is 1550 in 2’s. Which means even if you’ve played a decade, you have not gone passed the average point of most players. Average. 1550-1750 is a joke. Your experience reflects your standpoint. Gear means everything in arena currently, and the acquisition of it more so.

I’ll phrase it this way. For seasons 1-3, in order to get mythic raid quality gear, all you had to do was a mythic 10. This is a joke involving content. To get the same gear item level from PvP, you would have to hit duelist, or 2400+. The amount of effort and work it would take to simply get a set of gear from 2400+ games, even just 2100+ games would be infinitely more annoying than taking 30 minutes once a week and getting rewarded with mythic quality loot on Tuesday.

Gear means a lot. Whether you play at the level to experience that or not is the difference.

4 Likes

This is some corrupt a wish type stuff though. Like whats the point of a vendor if none of the gear is worth using for its intended purpose? Like I am fairly current with my knowledge of cloth classes I’ve played all three and I can tell you most of them don’t stack mastery anyway, some of them use mastery for pve purposes, and NONE of them stack mastery for pvp. Why should a vendor for pvp give gear that is worthless for pvp? It makes no sense. Even if its usable somewhere else it just pushes pve players to pvp which is also a bad thing.

1 Like

Pvp in itself was a form of content. It had its own currency and gear. It became casualized with pve gear, warmode, and scaling, except now the scaling is all messed up and the rewards from pvp are dismal at best and a massive waste of time. The existence of a pvp vendor means nothing because we still got gear in bfa. It was just as bad as it’s gonna be in SL.

World pvp is not a competitive environment, has no balance, and is just for fun. They can’t balance the game around world pvp random situations. Pvp is balanced around 3v3, or should be. World pvp does not take much pvp skill, there is little to no team coordination. Silly really.

I already unsubbed. Shadowlands looked really cool to start but the combination of Covenant abilities being completely imbalanced, tied to RP, aesthetic, and zone choices along with the PvP situation just took the wind completely out of the sails for me.

Maybe if they fix PvP gearing and pull the ripcord I’ll come back. Right now though there are many good singleplayer games I can spend my time on (as well as catch up on my Netflix and HBO backlog…also, PSA - “raised by wolves” is amazing and episode 1 was posted by HBO on youtube).

2 Likes

World PVP sucked for a while now. Nothing fun is happening as you get ganked by a bunch of players who are doing daily quests (Kill 10 or 25 horde players or alliance players)

Maybe PVP gear should have the same stats as other comparable PVE gears in the world, or a little bonus proving your worth as a true PVP player, but in BG and Arena you gain PVPstats that would let you wreck your enemies.