Pvp community must rally together right now

We are literally begging for a pvp stat in the shadowlands forums and feel unheard.

Every streamer and player has more or less agreed that we need a pvp stat, which is something that worked fine before. I encourage anyone reading this to go take a look on YouTube, the feedback is beyond overwhelming.

If you agree please post a reply to this thread or create your own.

Every one of us truly wants to play this game. We love doing bgs, we love arenas, we love duels in front of org/sw. We wanna have alts and multiple characters and support the game itself. That’s what we do. We queue and duel all day, getting better, faster, helping eachother. I have played this game for over ten years as a multi 2.2 rated. Myself and a massive community only play this game to pvp. We don’t wanna do scripted fights against npc dragons. And we don’t wanna force pve guys to come get smashed on by us in BGs or arenas because they aren’t pvpers.

So many systems in place don’t even make sense right now, here is just another example: My main toon has 80,000 HK’s from wotlkcata/mop/wod but because I skipped legion (was just too busy to play during that time) I’m only honor level 30? How does that make any sense when people with 5,000 HK’s are honor level 90? I’ve been watching these things happen over time and it’s gotten out of control. What has happened to pvp…so many things just aren’t working out and blizzard can do better. We, as people who give you money, deserve better.

Pvp gear being seperate for pve is not confusing and once again we have come to make our voices heard. We did it for three expansions guys. You realize BFA azerite gear, azerite necklace, insane trinkets and now corruptions were probably the most confusing things to ever happen in wow? Why are you stuffing the game with systems like that on the actual items? This is not content…

I’ve personally decided not to purchase shadowlands until this gets addressed correctly. I quit halfway in bfa and it was pretty heartbreaking, I’m not going to put myself through that again because I don’t have a guild to do raids and dungeons with. It did not feel like WoW anymore, it felt like pigeon holed PvEcraft.

We deserve an answer.

146 Likes

I feel like gear acquisition these days is so different from before that throwing in another stat isn’t going to do what you want it to do but I could be wrong

You are completely wrong but I am happy to explain so that our community as a whole can come together and reach an understanding:

Adding resilience, pvp power, etc, will only be a positive effect on pvp and have no effect on pve. It will only increase damage and healing done while in pvp combat. Or against players etc. This was perfectly fine before and any legitimate reasons for it not coming back in a viable way are just non existent. Pve players would not desire this stat as it would not improve performance in pve in any way.

We literally had seperate pvp gear before, it was not confusing, and it worked fine. As I said, the system was in place from when I first started in wotlk until in legion when they changed everything. We had scaling so gear didn’t matter in legion. Except now in bfa, and onwards into SL, there is minimal scaling, gear is super important, and there is no pvp gear. Here lies the problem.

37 Likes

I agree that we should have PvP stats. Make PvE gear horrible for PvP, but also make PvP gear horrible for PvE. Either do this through set bonuses that only affect the activity where the gear was obtained, or do it through PvP Power and PvP Resilience.

A player who does nothing but PvP should have to start from the bottom in PvE. Similarly, a player who does nothing but PvE should have to start from the bottom in PvP.

20 Likes

I don’t understand Blizzard’s aversion to adding back in a “PvP” stat. It worked in the past to make PvP stronger in PvP situations but weaker in PvE. They seem to not like the concept of having to earn different gear sets for different activities but then they create system like AZ, corruptions and essences which enforce that to occur.

18 Likes

As a WoW player since the end of Burning Crusade, I don’t want to quit for good. But, I will if they do this to us again.

28 Likes

I am so thankful for you guys joining in on this thread. Please continue to show support, SL could be one of the best WoW expansions but we need to come together. We truly want to play this game again.

11 Likes

I loooooove PvP, but I can’t agree on the need for a PvP stat. Does it feel good for PvP? Yes.

But do I want to carry two sets of gear for each spec I play? No. I’d like to have the stats on gear I earn in PvP tailored to PvP gameplay, but I don’t want a separate stat for it. I want to be able to raid and do M+ with the same gear.

2 Likes

the issue is stats that are bis in pve are literally garbage in pvp, that argument just doesnt work because pvp is a competitive game, having the bis gear is REQUIRED to play the game at a high level.

4 Likes

BRING RESIL BACK NOW

11 Likes

I understand, but I have to disagree with this. What I personally think is that PvP gear should be able to allow you to do the base of what you can do in PvE gear for Mythic 0, for example. It allows you to compete at that base level to progress from the start. But it shouldn’t replace PvE gear. Vice versa, someone with PvE gear should be able to PvP but not be able to dominate over people with PvP gear.

They should just make it easier to switch between sets/have extra space for the gear to carry. But that’s more of a QoL thing than a necessity.

16 Likes

Would way rather have WoD scaling.

The best conquest gear would get raised to 5ilvl above any mythic gear when engaged in combat.

This makes it so the pve gear is relevant in pvp but never the best and pvp gear is viable for pve without the overhead of another stat.

8 Likes

This video will help you guys get a better understanding.

It’s so simple to understand. If you can’t free up a literal handful of slots in your bank to store pvp gear then you might not want to pvp enough for this to have a major effect on you. The reasons for this not existing again are moot.

I also want to reiterate the fact I have played this game since wotlk. This was not an issue before.

This is exactly how things worked before and this is the system we are fighting for. Thank you. I am so grateful for you guys replying, please continue to show support / thoughts etc.

Pve guys, I hear you too.

5 Likes

All the expansions with PVP stats were far better for PvP than the ones without a PvP stat.

Vanilla 3rd worst PvP gearing experience
Legion: second worst
BfA: the worst

BC => WoD all had far better PvP gearing.

Bring back PVP only stat!

Also everyone should be upvoting on the SL beta PvP forums. Even if you don’t have beta, you can still upvote.

13 Likes

I would also like to reiterate the notion that acquiring pvp gear in itself was on of the most beautiful and simple forms of content this game ever had. Play the game, earn your currency, buy your gear for pvp. We all had the same gear more or less. It was a perfectly even and level playing field, no matter your playstyle. Reforging also aided this later on for further tailoring.

9 Likes

The time to rally was in alpha. I’m afraid it is what it is now.

1 Like

It isn’t though, they could add pvp stat right now. I would even be willing to wait until a later patch. We have to make this right. It’s not too late, it’s never too late.

1 Like

How about you all just unsubb and not play like I’m doing right now. Blizzard only cares about money

^This. I am in this boat. BUT DON’T THINK we don’t agree with you! A PVP stat would be the easy way out for Blizzard. I don’t want that. It would work and fix the PVP scene, but it has side effects like bagspace and honestly just clunky progression. Resilience is a fantastic Option B.

Option A: FIX THE VENDOR STAT DISTRIBUTONS.
Give us meaningful stat distributions. The current secondary stats, and their seemingly laissez-faire, and arbitrarily assigned nature is a spit in our face. “Oh you want a PVP vendor? Here.” Throws a PVP vendor at the complainants—and doesn’t even bother with proper itemization.

If we could get semi-functional, proper iLvL gear that we could take into PVE but just not be fully optimal, that would be ideal. PVP & PVE gear should be interchangeable! But I should NOT have to get my PVP gear from PVE! It’s ridiculous!

On top of that’s let’s not forget to point out the ridiculous amount of honor required for baseline PVP gear compared to how easy it is to get the lower ilvl tiers of PVE gear through Mythic 0’s. Blizzard is afraid of meaningful progression via PVP, and honestly I can’t fathom why.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I love the game too much. I quit in bfa and want to play so bad. I want to play this game, please refer to my original post.

Pvp gear isn’t clunky and again, if you can’t find a way to free up a literal handful of slots in your bag for pvp gear (which is how it has always been before legion) then you must not want to pvp at the highest level. I don’t want to pve at the highest level, so I have no interest in pve gear. Except now I am forced to have that interest. I’m not too worried about honor gear, as honor gear was never meant to be powerful. Honor gear is just to put you on the field, and as you upgrade those pieces they get thrown out etc. Maybe this will aid in understanding. The progression is not, and never was clunky or confusing. In fact, as I said, it was one of the most simple and fun forms of content the game ever had.

2 Likes