Pvp community must rally together right now

i would love for pvp power or something of the sorts to return but i would rather see it disabled in Wpvp, i could see it having a major negative effect just like corruption does in open world pvp. it should enable anytme a player enters anything pvp related including a dual. if this was the case it would require very little balancing and wouldn’t effect the pve scene at all. win win in my books.

Why would you be for it but, disable it in world PvP, if you dont want to world PvP you can already disable it.

1 Like

because the advantage if its close to the same as it was before would be gigantic for someone pvp geared jumping someone who isn’t. wpvp is at its funnest when you have at least some hope of beating your opponent.

Again though, you can already disable world PvP

3 Likes

I disagree with this. The entire point to WPVP is that it’s not balanced. If I took the time to farm out a full set of PvP gear, and Jim who’s in WPvP for no reason other than his 10% bonus is doing a WQ, I should absolutely jump on him, eat his face, and throw him off a cliff.

6 Likes

In world pvp the scenario is typically anything goes. I can remember guys with the absolute top teir raid content gear having a slight edge in gear over my pvp stuff and that was fine with me especially in world pvp scenarios. Those guys earned it especially with final boss fights to earn some wild trinkets. But in an arena with coordinated team mates, we often outplayed those types of people too.

but then you get no pvp and that’s not really what im saying here

Guys with full pve gear got blown up in an arena but could hold their own in world pvp because 1v1 wasn’t balanced and the items were different itemization. This was fine, and made for some fun gameplay.

well then lol your back to the whole reason pvp power is gone. enjoy missing it.

Na man, if you want to world PvP with no PvP gear you should feel under geared to a person with full gear. They took the time to grind it. If that same person went with you to a raid they should pull less dps than optimal. But, I’d guess you would be the type to call them out on it :wink:

2 Likes

I refuse to allow this thread to be derailed with pointless bickering. If you guys want to argue take it to another platform, this is a discussion.

ya and if that’s the case then cool, for some reason i remember those states having an insane effect on wpvp which really isn’t fun for the vaste majority of the player base. i enjoy casual pvp i really enjoy wpvp but currently corruption has made it just foolish, if that’s what pvp power would end up doing then it would suck. if not then im all for it. that’s why i said just disable it in wpvp, the only intent there is to abuse people without it and i don’t think that’s what you really wanted it for is it.

Blizzard listen to feedback. You are alienating both casual and pro pvp players. Give vendors with PvP stats.

1 Like

not really, if you remember pvp gear tend to out perform a lot of raid gear in most early tiers. there was little down side to it until you were at the peak of pve

No sorry, pvp gear will be for pvp. If you want to world pvp casually, then you’ll at least need decent or high pve gear, and you’re gonna get hit hard.

This is pvp. Welcome.

If the whole reason PvP power is gone is because of something so dumb and insignificant as World PVP, then Blizzard needs a lesson in game design. World PvP means nothing, and this game is designed top down. The PvP stat is the most impactful in the arena, which is where people compete for time sensitive ladder rewards. Jim being tosssed off a cliff after I’ve eaten his face nets me nothing other than 16 honor. Which is peanuts in the current numbers involving honor.

4 Likes

Yes pvp must be focused and balanced around 3v3 and rbg again.

PVP set bonuses for PVP gear is probably the best they can do without upsetting PVE gear balance. :+1:

its gone because it had a poor effect on pve and maybe because blizz got a bit lazy and cut it out lol. either way it feels like a small thing that would make a large portion of the player base happy so i don’t see why they don’t at least look at something.

Introduction of pvp stat would have no effect on pve scenario because it won’t be working. It will only work against players or in a pvp environment.

I am so grateful that people who didn’t understand are able to. Please continue to post your thoughts and I will reply as best I can.

2 Likes