Pvp community must rally together right now

The amount of time is insane. 156 hours for a full set of upgraded honor gear. Will anyone actually do this when you can get the same gear from mythic 0, no.

3 Likes

On the positive side of things, they’ve just opened PvP forum last week. They must have done it on purpose. Some highly regarded community members spoke out. It’s very possible we’ll hear some response soon.

Yes everyone needs to head to the SL beta PvP forums and upvote their favorite comments there.

We need to stop caring about what PVE-exclusive players think, this is a PVP/PVE game. In reality, most players play both forms of content, the majority are not segregated.

And a message to the PVE-exclusives: Your PVE gear will still perform most optimally in PVE since you get to pick and choose your stat distributions to match your PVE build. PVP stats =/= PVE stats

That’s an ENTIRELY separate issue! They need to reduce the honor cost of the baseline PVP gear. It should be about the same amount of time spent for 1 piece of unupgraded gear as a run of Mythic 0. Separate issue, separate fix.

I can’t post in shadowlands forum. I am here because I felt like the posts are going ignored.

The sad truth is this: People that primarily PvE (which, to be fair, is WoW’s bread and butter), will complain en masse that it’s not fair their mythic+10000gajillion is inferior to PvP gear in PvP settings. And Blizzard will almost be required to listen to them because they make up the bulk of WoW’s playerbase.

That being said, I’m a firm believer in a PvP specific stat. People who primarily PvP should absolutely have an advantage over the best PvE gear and vice versa.

People who want the best of both can then farm for both.

That’s not the approach anyone will be willing to take. No one wants to be non optimized for their preferred style of play by partaking in it.

I understand that you want gear to be gear and PvP and PvE gearing should be relatively balanced (which I’d be okay with too). However, they have proven time and time again that they are incapable of doing so.

1 Like

We are the consumers. Blizz, just make it happen
you are ignoring us. This is the wrong move, again.

2 Likes

Its only their potential biggest base now, because they made most of us PvPers quit. Mark my words if they brought back a system like WoD where honor gear wasnt absolute trash, conquest gear made you able to do some PvE if you needed but not forced and was close to PvE item level wise with these vendors
 A lot of people would return instead of quit.

2 Likes

For real, like I can’t understand why they don’t just bring back this system? It was literally the best.

2 Likes

Ways to fix the problem:

Add pvp main stat
Fix the dismal stats on pvp gear, every piece needs the option of vers (we don’t even want this, we want pvp gear back
)

These vendors feel like a huge bait and switch and I’m glad I found out before I purchased SL. As I said, I’m holding out. I honestly want this to be a good expac. But it’s not looking good.

It’s been proven that the pvp community hype regarding having to do pve content to be competitive was just hype.

The majority of the complaining was for having to grind visions for sockets to put vers gems in 
 and all that grinding actually reduced player effectiveness.

If anything, what should have been complained about was that no gear really mattered and that undergeared players were boosted in pvp.

That being said though, imo I personally liked how gearing was in WoD the best, where pvp gear boosted when entering player combat.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was going insane here.

This is one of the things that Resilience did as a Stat and it worked
you want to do x content get that gear
you want to do y content get that gear. It was rewarding and fun. You had people that crossed over and they worked both.

IT WORKED and it was FUN.

1 Like

I’m trying to understand your post but for me I don’t even want to step foot into a dungeon or raid. I’m here to get better at pvp. I actually don’t care for gear. I’m here for skill. In my mind, we should all have the same gear and you choose your trinkets. We literally need a level playing field with a pvp stat. No one will ever be happy otherwise.

1 Like

Unfortunately current WoW dev team doesn’t understand PvP. They think PvP is a side activity that players do when they’re bored and have nothing else to do.

They should bring back PvP stats. So if you want to get the ultimate PvP gear and be a PvP god, you will have to earn it by actually doing PvP activities and not like today, when PvEers storm BGs and arenas with their dungeon/raid gear. Doesn’t make any f sense.

2 Likes

I’m not a hardcore PvPer, but I do enjoy it the most out of all the content in WoW. WoW pvp has a lot of potential to make this game come back to life to the pvp community. We’ve seen it before in MoP, and I’m very sure we can do it again.

Bring back resilience, set bonuses on pvp gear, and put actual stats classes need on said pvp gear, thanks.

Its completely unfair PvE is better to gear for PvP. PvPers should get gear from PvP not PvE, especially they’re best gear.

4 Likes

Give me back my rewarding pvp for god sakes

4 Likes

We aren’t going anywhere, we just aren’t gonna play. There is no other game we wanna play the way we play wow. I actually feel like being a DK is part of me. We need to make this work.

I am so beyond grateful and thankful for you guys replies here. Pve guys I hear you and hope that my replies have helped you understand. We don’t wanna force you guys into bgs and get smashed on by us. Likewise, I shouldn’t be spending significant time reading about dungeon and raid mechanics and doing that content when I can be reading about pvp/ class mechanics and doing that content.

Here’s the issue with this mentality. Currently, if you wish to excel at both PvE and PvP, you still need two sets to really make something work. Not to mention Azerite Traits, essences, etc.

If you take a common day warrior, for him to excel in PvP, he needs a full set of vers haste gear with vers amps on every single piece. If he wants to excel in PvE, he needs haste amps on everything with haste mast gear. Not to mention the Azerite pieces are different in all forms of content.

Right now, we live in the most complicated state of gearing that we have ever seen in the history of this game’s existence. A PvP stat / set of gear would be easily understood, can be thrown in the bank and pulled out for when you want to queue, etc. There’s literally nothing more complicated than BFA gearing for more than one field of content because it’s not just about gear. It’s about gear, traits, essences, and corruptions.

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree any more. Thank you so much for this post.

2 Likes