Pvp community must rally together right now

Yeah no, sorry. A multi million dollar company can fix this in 1.5 months. Especially with the notion that so many people will leave if it’s not fixed.

3 Likes

So true! I loved this gameplay loop.

Gearing was actually enjoyable. Not the chore is has become.

6 Likes

I don’t understand why they don’t bring WoD or MoP PvP gear back. The system worked before. People who PvP’d were happy with it. It provided both sense of progression for casual players, enough customization for hardcore PvPers and common power ceiling that everyone could achieve.

My game satisfaction has been dropping ever since they’ve removed PvP gear in Legion. I’ve always dropped back to casual PvP after I got a taste of new expansion systems. It was the bread and butter of my game satisfaction, because it allowed progress towards best character power in the particular content I liked. Nowadays casual PvP is just a place where PvErs come between raids. It lost the life of its own, and with it the game lost its replayability for those who don’t have PvE as their primary focus.

Casual PvP has been the perfect outlet for casual people who have 1-2 friends they play with or solo to feel some meaningful progression in a content that never goes stale because you play against real people. That’s why previous expansions were so popular. The most favorite expansion of everyone - MoP - had the highest PvP participation ever. There were so many pug RBGs that yolo rating inflated to 1800. Some got 2k by just yoloing. Everyone wanted that cap filled, because gear was the best in content they loved to play.

They’ve got to add something in Shadowlands that will make PvP gear always best in PvP. Otherwise, people will drop much faster this time. The PvE systems can carry the game only so much before people start noticing patterns and old gimmicks behind the new names. Doing quests in the world to fill in a progress bar can only carry the game so far. Robust and accessible PvP gearing system is key to keep players interested.

I’m not buying the expansion until I see how they address this feedback.

4 Likes

All they have to do is change Conquest gear secondary stats to make sense, it is literally clicking a drop down menu and changing the variable— or however they edit their gear pieces.

1 Like

Sure. They could. But they’ve not changed anything major like that in a beta as far as I can remember.

I’m not saying they can’t. I’m saying that history has taught us that – this close to the drop? – they don’t.

I still have hope.

1 Like

It’s simple divide the community. If you want to PvP you will be restricted to PvP gear. If you want to PvE you will be restricted to PvE gear. In the world this does not apply of course. Then again they would have to design all new nice looking PvP gear, PvP stats, and balance the two forms of gameplay separately. Also starting PvP gear, I guess it will just have to be given when you hit the level required for PvP, the rest is earned the usual way as well as through crafting. Heck make PvP only potions, enchants, etc as well.

As I said it will divide the community sort of, not that you could not still do both.

I am so thankful for you guys replying. I really hope we can all come together to fix this. I will continue to do my best to explain for those who don’t understand.

There has always been a divide in pve to pvp, as it has become a literal different form of content in itself now. Different rewards, different playstyles, different skills and talents, I don’t see this as a negative thing. Please don’t try to put a negative spin on this. To pvp, especially at the highest level, you must play differently. That includes your gear too.

I think a PvP only stat is the only way to make it work.

If PVP gearing is even remotely comparable to PVE gear, PVE players will complain about have no to do PVP to gear (and rightfully so). PVP gear will always be worse and/or much slower to obtain.

Bring back PVP only stat so the two systems aren’t shackled together.

5 Likes

Honestly, I don’t understand why they got rid of it even in PvE. It’s the perfect gameplay loop. Cataclysm justice/valor/honor/conquest system was so perfect in this. Working towards a piece of gear week to week is the most satisfaction I got from WoW.

3 Likes

This is the system we are so desperately working to get back to. It feels similar in bfa, except the gear is crap and there is no scaling. In legion there was scaling. This is the problem.

1 Like

Gear is gear. Earn it through PvP. Earn it through PvE. We all play the same game. Be thankful that covenants can’t be easily swapped. You can take abilities that PvE players can’t. It’s a small advantage.

Unfortunately this doesn’t make sense because the gear we earn takes an insanely long amount of time and it isn’t very good. You need to watch some of the videos and actually read the replies to understand what we are saying. Thank you for your contribution.

2 Likes

But people already have to carry around 2 sets of gear though. One with their prefered stats for PvE and another with their preferred stats for PvP.

And with the way things are looking, this may be the case again in SL.

5 Likes

This is correct.

2 Likes

I’ve also seen Venrukis comments on it. And really agree that we need PvP specific stats.
And also the fact that, the process of getting the same quality of gear via PvE/PvP isn’t balanced.

2 Likes

Sure but there’s a difference between introducing a PVP stat on gear that has much lower stats than PVE gear, forcing you to carry two sets—

—and PVP gear that has secondary stats tantamount to PVE gear, that is functional but not optimized for PVE. In this scenario, I wouldn’t feel as obligated to carry around another set just to be more optimal in PVE, if my primary interest (which it is) is PVP. I’d imagine I would gear through PVP to get relevant ilvl gear, and then just kind if ignore the fact that my secondary stats are a little off.

1 Like

Pvp players should spend their time doing pvp.

Pve players should spend their time doing pve.

There are so many issues now, but it could be easily fixed. We would all be more than happy and grateful for this to be remedied in a future patch or something. The stats on SL gear don’t even make sense.

7 Likes

I’d like to see a fix that addresses the blatantly UNVIABLE stats they currently have in the vendors. Like— why would they give me random stats across all my gear slots??? It’s insulting, almost as if they don’t expect us to optimize our gear from PVP, and they want us to grab pieces from PVE. It either was an aggressive, and intentional decision against PVPers, or a really stupid oversight.

2 Likes

It needs more than just stats, farming BG’s for 100’s of hours when you can get better gear from M0.

If gear is gear, PVP will always be worse than PVE for getting it.

Separate the gear!

1 Like