Pvp community must rally together right now

Low IQ. Bad take.

Why does it matter if a pve player would desire a piece of PVP gear when broken trash game design M+ has all of the best gear in the game? It somehow matters that they might want one piece of PVP gear because it has the correct stats but doesnt that a PVPer wants all of the M+ gear? Imaginary problem that doesnt need fixed.

What we need more than a pvp stat is the trash hidden scaling removed completely because they will just make the pvp stat weaken you in pvp like sockets do.

Does it take months to get badly itemized 460 gear from PvE like it does from PvP?

I am completely in agreement here, but we shouldn’t pretend resilience was perfect. Does anyone remember in wotlk by the end of the arena season? Everyone had 1.2k resilience and everything in pvp was silly.

I played a disc priest, and i was never very good at 2s, but i had some 30 minute matches because i just stacked resil.

I don’t have much experience in retail pvp, and none at max level, but it seems pretty balanced even in the leveling brackets (like 110). A lot better than it used to be (like in cata).

Having a gearing route in pvp though, that is so necessary to make pvp feel like valued play again. If i want to pvp, i want to be rewarded for that. The system in wotlk was great - not too easy, and you couldn’t get anything great from honor - just good enough.

1 Like

So true. I actually preferred WOD PvP gear that just scaled up in PvP. It would be even easier to implement now with warmode and it just operate like PvP talents do. Gear gets an ilvl boost in the same scenario that PvP talents are active.

+1 I been defending pvp content for years on top of suggestions on what needs fixed.

Making Pvp stat like MoP/WoD, Fixing Warmode & WorldDefense channel. Turning pvp not into a gimped side objective that most pvers have banded togeather to call it. Wpvp is the bread and butter of pvp since if you have town alerts you can have wpvp as a end game content around multiple areas in Azeroth/outlands etc due to a simple Alert or ping system even wrap a fancy cosmetic wpvp armor outfit along with it for incentive.

Like I have come into agreement with others is that Blizzard simply doesn’t play there game anymore it’s only a tool to produce them more money. Even Ion talked about “Whats fun” by calculating data on what is fun and what isn’t. Yet the pvp population has been slaughtered yet somehow this data is ignored.

I would love to just be able to keep my attention with wow again and stay sub’d more than 1 - 2 months after WoD I sub’d from TBC > WoD without missing a single sub payment. Now with little to no care about pvpers I did exactly that. Not feed a greedy corporation money if they’re not willing to give a hoot about my content. Wpvp > Bg’s > Rbg’s > Arena I simply do competitive content to gear for wpvp the true end game content.

At this point I don’t even have hype for Shadowlands I’m more interested in knowing if it’s a failure or not a trial or test to see if it will hold my attention. Considering how World Defense and Dueling etc is dead I find it hard to believe I will. Just a hourglass of pain at this point.
#FixWorldDefense

Simple fix, Get rid of versatility, bring back resilience. Whoever was heading the complete stat changes to get rid of resilience and add in versatility with the fact you have to grind mythics to have better gear just to use in pvp was a dumb decision, the removal of honor points was extremely disappointing. Bring back PVP it worked for many years, the percentage of people enjoying pvp has declined only since then.

1 Like

Because the biggest prune of all happened. People loved mop class design and it got gutted. Balance was fine. Have you seen destro warlocks and fire mages this season? There’s nothing comparable. The infinite micro cc and sitting the middle turreting while not dying is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

Wod was pretty decent in hind sight. Just bad compared to mop.

I would like resilience back, may even pvp again if it was back BUT im pretty sure bliz wants everyone in end game dungeons and raids so they can show shareholders the participation graphs
 its just blizness.

edit: and pvp vendors need to exist, i cant bring myself to pvp for some rando piece of gear.

edit #2: and in the absence of resilience just make pvp templates again with a margin of like +/- 5% based on gear level.

This happens right now because some stats are better for PvP versus PvE. Two sets just because of stats. Having PvP gear wouldn’t affect this at all.

Actually for PVP you get 4 choices at every upgrade point for different stats of same slot.

You also get to choose from 6 trinkets

1 Like

The MoP PvP was so perfect, why did they mess up something that worked perfectly?
Please Blizzard, come back with the MoP PvP system!

Actually I don’t want to pvE enough to carry 2 sets.

1 Like

Did mop have pvp stats? Because I couldn’t ever win to gear out in that xpac. Hopefully there’s something like bad luck protection, however we do it. Big fan of pvp alone being enough to gear as I rarely want to pve, but also want to compete.

Yes, PvP Power and PvP Resilience.

Didn’t a data mining found pvp power?

I can’t get into ranked and I have been told I’m not a real pvper, so I really don’t know about this whole “pvp community must rally together” you guys are on about.

Give me solo queue RBG with no premades then we’ll talk.

1 Like

I only dabble in PVP and I certainly think there should be more and better PVP gear. If implementing a PVP stat has too many complications just have PVP gear get a decent bonus in bgs and arenas. That would even give the edge to PVErs in world PVP which would make most PVErs happy. PVErs don’t want to have to do a ton of PVP and vice versa. Good PVE gear should do ok in PVP but should generally be inferior. Otherwise they are dis-incentivizing PVP other than the status, titles, and babes
 or I guess just status and titles.

And yeah i remember when keeping track of two sets of gear got confusing for casual gamers. I was one of them but that was NOTHING compared to essences, azerite traits, and corruption.

I get that there are competing objectives but with some forethought it doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. Neither PVP nor PVE should have to do a bunch of continual grinds in the other to stay relatively competitive or have fun.

I really hope bliz never decides we need to do pet battles to gear up.

I feel like they could make this work with versatility set pieces. It might be harder to balance but at least they don’t have to add a new stat.

but holy moly I do wish that we had our own PVP gear one way or the other.

Right, because as a PvPer, that’s totally what I’m saying.