Pvp community must rally together right now

Says the person who has to immediately respond to everything I say, sad person.

Thanks for the reply here, we got some more information today. Hopefully we get the changes we are asking for!

1 Like

Honestly they should just add resilience back in. Originally I hated the stat cause it created a gear wall which made getting into pvp hard for me. I would queue up, and just get ripped to shreds by anybody with any amount of gear without being able to do anything back. It wasn’t a fun experience for me.

However, considering how things are now, I do think we need to do something for the PvP main players. Be that resilience or what have you. It would make a lot of players very happy.

I will say it would mean I would never touch pVp ever again. Which is fine, because I barely do it as it is, I feel like it’s still worth mentioning.

This is an incredibly important perspective. Thank you for sharing! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Resilience on gear and a big pvp bonus for equipping 2x PvP trinkets its all we need blizzard, please your obviously listening and it feels amazing to be heard for once! Let us progress through PvP because we like to do PvP. Raiders have their endgame we want ours please and thanks! You can still cross over with any gear you just wont be the best which is fair because then you can gear towards that and feel progression also.

2 Likes

Bonus for double pvp trinket would be nice, but even some hardcore pvp players do enjoy using pve trinkets for fun occasionally. I think If we were to receive some part of set bonus or would need to come from completing an armor set. This is still a good post, thanks for sharing bro.

PvE trinkets would still be there for people who want to obtain them. They always were but you gained some kind of fairly decent benefit for using pvp ones in pvp content. I myself would never step foot into pve if i didnt have to, other than my little month or so raiding kicks i get on once or twice an expansion.

What I mean is that people would lose their pvp bonus just by using different trinkets. Trinkets are the one exception to full pvp gear - these two slots are often swapped around for fun / playstyle / etc.

The pvp set bonus (if implemented again) would need to come from any other batch of items EXCEPT trinkets. I hope this explains my thoughts better!

I mean isn’t that a fair trade off? You use OP trinkets from PvE or you gain the PvP bonus. That is the problem with current gearing there is no meaningful choices or decisions. All it is, you pve for the strong stuff or your at a huge disadvantage. Risk/reward and choices are a good thing. PvE gear used to mean your out to destroy but could be outplayed still because pvp stuff gave you somewhat of a chance. Alot of the time arena is broken because of super strong pve trinkets so that is why i used trinkets as the go to. I don’t think it would be wrong to trade some survival or something for some crazy proc or on use.

1 Like

Ditch versatility, add PvP power, PvP resilience and set bonuses that MATTER.

1 Like

Meh why argue. I am just going to PVE in Shadowlands. So done with their idea of fair PVP gearing lol.

1 Like

I understand. But my point is more in line with the devs, “the most powerful players complete all content”. There has to be some reason for pvp players to pve. Cool trinkets was pretty much always the reason.

It’s a good discussion. Got me thinking.

I can’t accept this. Myself and many others. We want to play the game we enjoy, not the game we don’t.

Their opinion doesn’t mean anymore than another players does.

Incorrect. Very incorrect. Speak for yourself.

PvE is a very important part of this game. WoW has always been a PvE-first game.

The inscentive to pve should come from enjoying the content and wanting to get better pve loot so you can do better in pve. Same as it should be for pvp. I always loved gearing up in whichever content I decided to focus on and see myself progress towards the top of that mode from practice and “epic” loot. I don’t know how this all plays out I just hope it’s something that works for most as right now it is terribly one sided. Atleast they are listening it seems.

Alright, myself and the majority.

Streamers generally speaking have a deeper understanding and relation to the game than average players. That’s why they are usually ranked higher and have more experience. They also get o do things the average players do not. Ziquo is an announcer for pvp tournaments. This is just one example.

I appreciate you looking for fallacies in my post but that doesn’t help the discussion at all.

Pvp and pve existed just fine in all expansions before legion. Pve players often can’t play in pvp and so the game is catered to making pvp easier for them, including getting gear. I would encourage you to take a look at the overwhelming number of replies in agreement.

1 Like

Not true.

I hope you don’t actually believe that the forum represents a large percentage of the community. Most of the forum is negativity, that’s how it’s always been. Happy players are usually not on the forum.

Once again the majority of people here who took the time to give feedback did it in a positive and constructive way.

Shame you couldn’t do that also. But I appreciate the free bumps and devil’s advocate replies. I wish you could understand how we feel. I again encourage you to read the overwhelming number of replies here. There is a reason we are talking here. The content isn’t even live and average players who aren’t in SL beta can’t even post on that forum.

You’d be better off staying away OP.

Blizzard aren’t given to listening and responding to their community in a timely manner, they will leave PvP to starve in its grave.

We got a blue post today addressing the concerns. It’s a step in the right direction. We should try to stay positive at least. Like I said, I’m holding out on purchasing until otherwise.

Blizzard (mostly Ion as far as I can tell) need to stop thinking WoW players are incapable. Two gear sets is not confusing, especially when there is a system in game to SAVE YOUR GEAR SETS.

PvP really started to drop off when they removed PvP power and resilience (also made it baseline at one point) and adding Versatility to gear which basically IS the PvP stat because it’s one of the most desired stats in PvP. Removing Versatility and not making PvP gear lesser to PvE gear would make things less “complicated” by only needing ONE gear set, save for different trinkets.

Blizzard, however, doesn’t seem to want that to actually be a thing since there was literally no reason at all to change how things worked in PvP other than to make change for the sake of change because reasons. The solution is simple and somehow they can’t understand it.