Pvp community must rally together right now

Blizzard gonna look like a fool in SL when casual PvPers ignore the honor vendor because running M0 and LFR rewards better in a fraction of the time invested.

Feedback at least! Even if not the greatest news, at least we’re being listened too.

They put in terrific PVP world quests and balanced the war mode factions in 8.1 when people made good suggestions. The problem is that the devs don’t themselves understand PVP very well, so they have a hard time differentiating good suggestions, like allowing people more control over the secondary stats on their gear, from bad suggestions, like PVP specific stats.

one word:
#BRINGRESILIENCE

Mix would be great, but the last 4 years has been PVE only for PVP gear.

You’re kidding right? I have 5 right now thanks to corruptions. Even before corruptions I still had 3 and a half. The PvP and pve have always wanted different stats. Even now.

If you enjoy both types of content, do both types of content and you’ll get rewarded for both types of content. There is no reason for power over one to be unlocked in another you don’t like.

Ask ion. 480 ilvl, not one PvP item and not an ounce of PvP done in forever. Let people play the content they enjoy.

2 Likes

Pvp gear def can improve, should be a two ended thing.

I wouldn’t count on this changing. Adding a PvP stat would make an upgrade an upgrade. Blizzard wants everything to be RNG and wants you on their systems hamster wheels hoping for that perfect stat combination. It’s how they keep people repeating content.

Anyone who does both PvE and PvP knows that multiple gear sets is completely unavoidable anyway. PvE gearing has different preferred stats than PvP gearing, period. It has been this way for a long time. Even if you have to do PvE for the PvP gear, it’s still going to be different stats otherwise you are built poorly.

I also do not understand the dislike of needing multiple gear sets. The PvP gear costs nothing, it’s just Honor/Conq points. There’s no raiding or dungeons necessary, there’s no RNG, there’s no risk or loss. Just go to a vendor and grab some gear.

1 Like

The majority of us are in overwhelming agreement. Thank you all for the positive contributions.

Lol WOW PVP was the centerpiece of blizzcon for years. It wasn’t tacked on the battlegrounds just weren’t ready at release, so instead of delaying the whole game they released the first bg’s in a patch instead…and they exploded, WSG is still my favorite to this day.

3 Likes

Because so many in game systems over lap and require you to do them as a cause and effect situation. Each system opens up another aspect of progress in the expansion and thus you have done it all when said and done. Blizzard loves this type of garbage. Point and case PF 1 and 2, azerite gear, essences, EVERY currency/reward there is. I mean we can go on and on. So No matter what your hand will be forced because time played plus times played plus… you get it. Though I used current systems as a frame of reference only, I don’t foresee blizzard changing this.

And for the record. I am with you on this. Diff gear for pvp would be awesome none the less.

Adding to the topic in hopes the more responses we get that something may be done.

Blizzard please start approaching pvp as an integral part of the game and not some tacked on mini game to do when not the pve.

There are literally thousands of people willing to put in the time to make it fun, rewarding, exciting. Please stop ignoring the community and start considering these systems as a way to make pvp fun again and not supported by pve only. PvP should be viable as a way to continue coping, the same way pve is viable to push further in pve content.

Give us a stat, give us pvp gear that is equivalent to pve gear. That it takes equal effort to obtain

1 Like

Because we could get HKs on other players…you have a faction to rep in an eternal struggle against another faction. I can keep my characters going until they shut the servers down if I want or I can make new ones in this struggle and progress them in a unique combat system in a role playing game vice log in pwn log out…there are all sorts of choices in this game PVP is one of them.

Do I want to be the best at it…yes.
Do I have the time to grind…some.
Do I love the HKs repping the Red and Black…absolutely.

What else is required to be here? If I wanted to kill dragons I can think of many other games for that as well…hell I don’t even need a computer to do it…but those games are not WOW.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this post. I appreciate you dude.

I don’t understand why people look at it like this.
WoW is not PvE or PvP. WoW is both. In fact, the entire foundation of Warcraft is orcs versus humans, not orcs versus dragons. So trying to say that PvP doesn’t belong in WoW is a fundamental lack of understanding of what World of Warcraft actually is.
Stop trying to separate them. Encourage unity.

2 Likes

In all these threads does anyone address how secondary stats work now? in SL they have extreme diminishing returns after 20% correct? so wouldn’t be inefficient now to stack “favourable stats” for pvp?

Which leads to fewer people bothering to pvp and longer bg queues for the hardcore. When I raid, I don’t have to let the mobs kill me 100 times before I’m allowed to win.

no, but you do have to do m0 before you can do m15

1 Like

This wasn’t as much of a problem as you’d think. PVP is just as much about teamwork and skill as gear. The gear is important, don’t get me wrong but in a bg setting someone in basic honor gear has a chance against someone in full gladiator gear for that season, which is why being able to get that set quickly is important…not everyone is going to be able to get that top tier set but a pair of casual Kitty Druids with just the Honor set, for whatever reason, could take down a gladiator if they were able to get the drop…it took teamwork and locking down the glad but it was doable…IF you had PVP gear.

1 Like

I don’t do M+. The most toxic community in the game.