Pvp community must rally together right now

Thank you silvrakruz.

^ this. Iā€™m not asking for radical design changes, just reasonable ones.

The major point of my thread is that I canā€™t post on the SL forums, and this is the overwhelming majority of what players have given as feedback. I feel like itā€™s just being completely unheard over there. Ignored. I will continue to post in this thread until otherwise.

That is true.

I think it is a simple fix. But will the great unpruner do it? :thinking:

Donā€™t worry weā€™re fighting over there too :).

2 Likes

We are literally begging. This ainā€™t right. Please, please! SL could be one of the best wow expansions. I love my class changes for dk. Everything about it. But itā€™s all going to feel ruined if this is how pvp will be for us.

Well Iā€™m glad youā€™re satisfied with your class. We Ret Paladins are over here like :wheelchair:

1 Like

Iā€™ll preface this by saying I donā€™t necessarily agree or disagree with this concept, but

I feel like you offered the solution to your own question here. Perhaps they feel that in the context of the other game systems that adding a PvP stat with the objective of establishing independent gearing curves would be too much of a barrier for entry for too many people.

Iā€™m well aware of the tired and mindless retorts about ā€œtoo many systemsā€ that offering this idea will inspire, but hey- at least maybe in this context people will accidentally make a salient point about that. :laughing:

I wish they would just take the scaling they did for testing on beta and apply it to liveā€¦

Provide better itemized gear on the vendors that has low PvE ilvl (that goes up with rating, for some progression) and then apply the ilvl scaling like they have on beta to heroic for honor gear and mythic for conquest gear. Let the rating progression improve gear outside of PvP while allowing all PvP gear to scale to the same ilvl based on whether it is honor or conquest gear.

Basically mimicking WoD too, but theyā€™ve shown the system is still there in beta and can be enabled with the flick of a switch.

Would solve so many problems with PvE being required for PvP while still allowing PvErs to play PvP without grinding PvP gear, something Blizzard seems to not want to budge on.

magic resist auras and WoD movement talents would fix all our problems lol

1 Like

I think the real issue is that blizzard is scared of PvP gear being too strong and PvEers feeling forced to do it cause it has their best stats or something. PvP stats would handle that problem, though I donā€™t really see that as a problem and would be happy with what I suggested earlier.

edit: I also think that rating locked higher ilvl gear is a good idea.

One could dream :sweat:

Expect that is already a huge part of the game. People have been using different set for different activities for years now, why suddenly is this a bad thing for PvP? Hell do you think people are going into PvP using their raid tier sets which have horrible stats for PvP to being with? No, they are swapping to gear sets with vers and better corruptions.

So their apparent dislike for a system that has long since been part of the game is odd.

1 Like

No thanks.

Theres no point in pvp and pve gear division. A pvp stat doesnt make pvp more fun or enhance the experience.

Ask for more bgs and sht. No some useless pvp stat.

2 Likes

Because, as you yourself asserted, theyā€™ve introduced numerous other systems that end up driving people into independent gear sets. In the context of your own examples, picture people collecting the right corruptions for different scenarios and then having to recollect them all with pvp stats, too!

That is the difference between now and then.

Like I said, Iā€™m only trying to offer a possibility of Blizzardā€™s rationale for things, which even if inherently flawed is probably more conducive to discussion than assuming that they have no rationale at all.

We already have to do that.

You have missed the point. Rewards from pvp can be easier to attain than pve gear. They donā€™t want free pvp gear taken into pve to clear raids easier or force pve players to pvp. This is why itā€™s been seperated. This is why we always had pvp gear. In tbc, wotlk, cara, mop, and wod. Thatā€™s a long time for things to work perfectly fine.

1 Like

Blue text confirms that they are thinking of reworking stat combos on gear vendor and having a PVP set bonus.

YAY.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

3 Likes

Source for this blue post? I feel like Iā€™ve been sold a bunch of lies on this.

Let me add that this is good victory for PVP.