Pvp community must rally together right now

Expect that is already a huge part of the game. People have been using different set for different activities for years now, why suddenly is this a bad thing for PvP? Hell do you think people are going into PvP using their raid tier sets which have horrible stats for PvP to being with? No, they are swapping to gear sets with vers and better corruptions.

So their apparent dislike for a system that has long since been part of the game is odd.

1 Like

No thanks.

Theres no point in pvp and pve gear division. A pvp stat doesnt make pvp more fun or enhance the experience.

Ask for more bgs and sht. No some useless pvp stat.

2 Likes

Because, as you yourself asserted, they’ve introduced numerous other systems that end up driving people into independent gear sets. In the context of your own examples, picture people collecting the right corruptions for different scenarios and then having to recollect them all with pvp stats, too!

That is the difference between now and then.

Like I said, I’m only trying to offer a possibility of Blizzard’s rationale for things, which even if inherently flawed is probably more conducive to discussion than assuming that they have no rationale at all.

We already have to do that.

You have missed the point. Rewards from pvp can be easier to attain than pve gear. They don’t want free pvp gear taken into pve to clear raids easier or force pve players to pvp. This is why it’s been seperated. This is why we always had pvp gear. In tbc, wotlk, cara, mop, and wod. That’s a long time for things to work perfectly fine.

1 Like

Blue text confirms that they are thinking of reworking stat combos on gear vendor and having a PVP set bonus.

YAY.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

3 Likes

Source for this blue post? I feel like I’ve been sold a bunch of lies on this.

Let me add that this is good victory for PVP.

THANK GOD.

1 Like

It seems as if the post and many others have done it’s job.

I’m really hoping for a pvp stat on full set bonus or similar.

I cannot thank you guys enough for showing genuine support for our pvp community.

I’m still holding out, but at least we have been heard.

I’ve always heard them say that Versatility is kinda the PvP stat, or it does what it does.

3 Likes

Yeppers.

Circle the wagons and lets make WoW PVP awesome. :+1:

vers sort of acts like resil in TBC with the bonus of damage output on it. the issue comes from classes who still favor vers in PvE.

The issue comes from no pvp rewards being anywhere near the rewards for pve, regardless if they are good in either situation. To pvp, you must pve. This is a broken system.

And so pvp gear needs to be good, but only for pvp. This way pve players don’t feel forced to pvp like some pvp players do now.

2 Likes

+1

Agree 110%!!!

I’m the rare person that actually fully enjoy both aspects, PvE AND PvP.

Either a PvP exclusive stat such as Resilience or PvP Power needs to return or we could return to Templates similar to WoD.

OR alternatively if they could balance the stat weights, possibly make Versatility be a stat that appears heavier/more frequently on PvP gear/items and is somehow slightly more beneficial to PVP’ers while still being useful in PVE would be ideal.

A seamless transition between PvP/PvE would be ideal.

1 Like

Shadowlands could be one of the best expansions! This sucks ! No other way to say it. And the only reason is because of this stuff. I’m gonna keep posting! Please keep sharing your thoughts. Be loud! !!!

We demand it!!!

I have seven 470 Rings I will never use on Arms and also Fury because its stats are totally opposite of what I need ( vers/haste ) So yeah. I hope I don’t have to do same PVE stuff in SL just to get wrong stat items over and over. While classes like DH can build anything and still be broken.

1 Like

I made another post about this, but it dawned on me today that the SL vendors and PVP gear actually benefit PVE only players more than anyone else in PVP.

PVE only means you get better gear and faster

PVE/PVP means you wasted time doing PVP which yields worse gear and less often

PVP only get the worst gear and at the slowest rate

1 Like

Yes, it’s truly maddening. And only driven home further by the fact that it could be so easily fixed by reimplementing the systems we had before. It’s okay to admit when you’ve made a mistake especially when rectified. I think some humility is in order here. They made a mistake with bfa pvp having no templates and bad pvp gear. I fear they are afraid to admit that mistake fully to move forward. I don’t want to say they are hiding behind the philosophy of “the strongest players complete all content” but I know for a fact most high rated pvp players don’t want to pve at all. At all!

3 Likes

And you’d have to do it even more if you added another stat for the specific purpose of creating another gear set requirement.