PvP Community is Too Toxic

Basically title. Like, I understand smack talking and all, but I think a lot of people here take it too far. There’s a lot of BM and elitism.

6 Likes

When are you gonna stop posting

21 Likes

It’s always been somewhat toxic which is to be expected considering it is the most competitive part of the game, but I also feel the painful meta with pve stuff along with extremely overtuned easy comps has only helped to add to the toxicity in causing frustration playing certain stuff and massive ego boosts from some players who play them. Also it feels like people are forgetting to have fun and remember the game is something to be enjoyed focusing only on the sour moments even if they are en mass compared to positive ones or being upset they didn’t achieve a certain rating or goal with ease. I try to ignore that and look at the brightest side myself, it’s important to remember it’s just a game and you should enjoy it where you can. Being upset or tilted everytime you play is not the move, arena or any sort of activity. This negative energy will likely manifest further to others. Also remember there will always be people who don’t like you even if you don’t talk to them (or even beat them in game lol) this goes for life in general. There will always be those who are naturally toxic for one reason or another and don’t want to see you succeed and have fun that’s just how it is don’t let it touch you. Obviously there’s more reasons but that’s some stuff off the dome.

4 Likes

Yesterday i was watching a PvP WoW streamer in Twitch, it was the first time i was watching that guy, and i asked in the chat box if that channel was exclusive for PvP, and some guy reply me “the streamer and us we are high ranked players”. I though “ok, they must be good and they want to make it know to any new comer”. Then i said some opinions about pros and cons among fury and arms warriors in the chat box, and out of the blue one guy started to said that my theory was complete wrong and that it had no “fluency”, without even explaining why would be wrong. Then i just typed “lol”, because the use of that word that he did in order to describe a theory, and the lack of argument in his reply. And then the guy and other one started to insult me, the moderator began to delete those insults, but those guys they just keep talking trash.

A glorious experience in the WoW PvP comunitie, indeed.

1 Like

we were doomed from the inception

7 Likes

A lot of forum posters are pretty toxic in game. They get so upset at me when I beat them and whisper me mean things. I don’t get mad when I lose to any forum posters though, I usually just give them a gg.

9 Likes

I don’t rage to hard unless I’ve queued into RMX a lot for the day. After a few losses to players that don’t deserve the wins, I tend to bring out the /spit a lot more then I usually would to players who don’t deserve it.

This is what happens when Blizzard doesn’t even remotely attempt to balance the PvP meta. Everyone is just upset and over this crapola of a season

4 Likes

Welcome to online? This is a thing literally everywhere. Go read a YouTube comments section :joy: you need to develop a thicker skin if you want to survive.

8 Likes

There’s a lot of bowel movements and elitism?

here’s how to avoid toxicity:

listen to a different system of a down album

11 Likes

So… every pvp game. It’s not the community. There is nothing unique about wow in that sense.

Also, the community suffers from lack of moderation. The way the game is structured currently often encourages it.

There are some really good folks in this community. But this community for sure can be one of the more toxic ones.

Lok’tar ogar

1 Like

But you do bring it up in random friendly threads people make towards one another, derailing them into giant crap throwing fests, all while including passive jabs at the notion you were able to beat said players randomly in 3s. You might not get mad, but I feel it’s worth pointing out that you do like making a big deal about que results.

5 Likes

People are people. Just… break it down some.

• Is the game attracting players that are more ‘toxic’ than other games of the same nature?
• Is the moderation of this game allowing these attitudes to go unchecked?
• Is the game itself, by design, fostering this type of attitude?

I’m on the older end of the bell curve I’m sure and have been gaming since I was a kid. The type of stuff I see in this game are no different than any other game. I recall people complaining about ‘toxic’ player back in Diablo 1 when bnet first got introduced. PvP games in general just tend to bring out a level of competitiveness that tends to bring out frustrations and elitism more so then other parts, though I could argue that M+ is equally as bad at times.

I don’t see the community as being unique as compared to any of the other like it in the gaming world. I think what we have is a highly competitive environment and trash talking just comes with the lay of the land. You have your good players and you have your bad. I mean… would we have considered Muhammad Ali ‘toxic’ for his trash talking?

As far as the second point. The moderation in this game always seems slow are lacking at times. With so little repercussions for being a POS, it only encourages those types of players to continue that. This was and is a huge problem in LoL.

It’s a good read.

“There’s a certain point at which we need to step back and go, ‘Well, that’s people. That’s humans.’ There’s always going to be the one percent that’s out there and disruptive,”

These massive online games tend to help concentrate these people as well.

So, all I’m saying is the community is just people and you are going to have this issue no matter what. If you want to see improvements, that really has to be addressed by the company. If they wanted to foster a healthy community, they would be more involved in it. Rewarding players for good play and good sportsmanship. I don’t mean waiting if someone dcs… but more like not spamming someone with garbage after they beat you.

Edit:

Just wanted to add an additional note. What I mean by ‘is the game fostering it’ would be something like season 1 bfa gladiator. S1 as compared to s2 was a massive difference. Getting gladiator in s1 was relatively simple as compared to s2. The change means for those who didn’t participate in s1, didn’t get the benefit or chance at getting that reward on those terms. Now those same players are trying to push for glad the next season, but the requirements have been changed massively.

As a for instance. Played with a s1 glad and he was now just sitting at 1800. This was supposed to be a casual game for some points with a friend. After only 2 games the guy start calling me trash and saying my damage is bad. 2 games… in terms of experience, we had the same range. Because he had that glad achieve though, he felt… and communicated that he was better than us.

So when blizzard makes little changes like that, or doesn’t balance a class/spec, or doesn’t fix the meta… all of that stuff can help create a toxic environment. So, more the game and less the community.

2 Likes

…it’s people in general, and when they are online it gets worse…you know, like when in a car, false courage…I thought I’d turn on warmode and go to STV on my 29 hunter, just screw around and maybe get some wpvp going…got camped by 2 49 rouges for 15 mins or so…not my fun when they are taking turns keeping you stunned until death…they thought they were bad mofoes…it is what it is…

Damn I was gonna post that and you beat me.

I miss you x 2

@rest of thread
Biggest issue is that by Demonic/Op’s logic, the fact that x player beats y player means x player is better.

So if Cdew loses a 2s match to reroll dk x with mes on his team, the reroll dk is better than blizzcon champ cdew.

Egos on perennial duelist players that suddenly barely scrape elite/glad is where people get annoyed.

1 Like

I completely agree with you. I remember reading this article. I just find people like that frustrating, as it derails good conversation and promotes others to behave in a similar manner.

Lok’tar ogar

Idk, you openly support broken PvE gear that is ruining arenas, you brought this on yourself.

9 Likes

To be fair, this game could be perfectly balanced and people would still find a way to be toxic.

It’s not just WoW, it’s every PvP community. Funny enough, competitive PvE communities aren’t like this at all (in most cases.)

Ego’s are fragile, specially in today’s world where everyone deserves a participation trophy of some sort or act like they’re better than everyone else because a number is higher than someone elses.

Anyone that has an attitude in life has a glass chin of an ego, 100%.

2 Likes

To be honest, every online competitve scene is “toxic”. I’m not trying to be rude here but it’s foolish not to expect backlash when you make threads defending part of what makes the current gameplay so horrible and mock everyone that refuses to lower themselves to the Infinity Stones.

You kinda brought this on yourself m8, looks like now you’re on people’s list lol.