PvP Community is Too Toxic

Sorry, I didn’t know wanting to let specs like Ret, Survival, or Feral actually compete competitively was so sin worthy.

2 Likes

Lotta times its not what you say, its how ya say it!

Fair point, I do come off as aggresive sometimes. :smiley:

It was one time and it wasn’t random. I didn’t get a chance to respond to his rages in game then I see him on the forum so I wanted to bring it up before he “quits”. I just wanted to know how am I the worst player he has faced if his only experience with me is losing to me twice. He never gave me a clear answer.

1 Like

Competition in all forms is always toxic by nature. Takes a special kind of person to not be toxic, and they are always the minority.

1 Like

It’s 50/50 in my opinion. I’ve met some fantastic people in LFG, and I’ve met some miserable human beings in LFG. I do agree with Adroi, it’s the nature of PvP. Some people take it very seriously. I’ve found that people get more upset when you don’t respond to the hostility. It seems to trigger them more. I’ve been called or had things said to me that I would guaranteed most people would not say to another person face to face. It’s the aspect of anonymity, it allows people to be their absolute worst.

1 Like

You won 1/3 games tho, not 2.

You won the 3rd game because my rogue died behind a pillar on Ashamane’s.

I don’t know where you think you won two games off us, but you didn’t.

Edit*
Why is your story now different than it was the first time we talked? You stated in the previous thread multiple times that you took 1 win off of us. Now it’s 2?

1 Like

I spent the first half of this season teaching inexperienced players anything they wanted to learn just to have fun in LFG while I was lower.

Flash forward to 1 month before end of season 2 and all I want to do is yell into my headset, say how bad this game is, and spam /spit macros. Never had a season make me more frustrated and dislike the game whether I’m winning or losing.

This game man… ruining lives with this meta :sob:

4 Likes

Maybe this is just me but the majority of the posts I read in here for the past couple months for the most part do not seem all that toxic to me. I also think some people mistake frustrations to current states of the game with them being toxic which can be two different things. Over the past decade people grew super sensitive and what was actually toxic ten years ago would now put someone on the receiving end of that on life support. The attitude of the forums would be better if the game wasn’t so slow paced and boring and getting rid of the Self healing and damage absorb pve gear would be a great start. The forums is mainly venting frustration but it is definitely not toxic.

EDIT: Fixed errors

1 Like

It is extremely easy to ignore people online. I do it everyday when I log on WoW and see trade. You’re basically allowing somebody else’s tardism to dictate your experience. Don’t let losers like that ruin your experience, its simple.

A decade ago the pvp community was toxic when i started and lo and behold nothing has changed and never will. Not like half these fools have a life anyway, what do you expect but a bunch of internet tough guys lol. #holdmybeer

When you see someone constantly refer to team accomplishments as individual accomplishments you know you are dealing with an ego-driven psychopath.

Common phrases are:

I beat you”
“You lost to me

Statements like those in reference to a 3v3 format are pretty much a dead giveaway that you are dealing with narcissistic psychopathy.

The best thing to do with narcissistic psychopaths is to avoid them, which is why arena participation is extremely low.

I don’t think you know what psychopath means btw

2 Likes

As someone who prefers to play with these specs, it does not excuse how unhealthy these items are for the game.

Crucible gear is essentially legendary item effects. Everyone is just getting a ton of legendaries with easy access and it totally ruins the game. TR might be awful too but man, I’d still prefer having an even worse chance as any of those specs than having these items make me compete. It’s not enjoyable or healthy for Crucible of the Storms to be our PvP vendor.

4 Likes

ok slown down grandpa

1 Like

…toxic people are toxic…and when toxic people DO ANYTHING, they make it toxic…it’s why I don’t like to be in voice chat with raiders, they start talking trash about other raiders…not just pvp…the biggest reason for this is you aren’t standing face to face with someone and you don’t need to worry about consequence…I’ve been in bgs AND M+ runs and the person with the lowest score starts talking smack about everyone else…I was in an M+ 5 yesterday (as a tank on my DH) and the dps was just too low so the healer would keep running out of mana…M+5 with the 3 DPS below 13K…I said after the first wipe the dps was too low and it wasn’t the healers fault…and LET THE GAMES BEGIN…

…did you just say gear>skill?..

Yes, whats your point?

2 Likes

…well, I’ve been hearing for the last 6 months that gear doesn’t matter…

Where has anyone said this? There are literally hundreds of threads with everyone stating how blatantly broken crucible of the storms pve gear is along with some battle for dazar’alor items such as diamond prism, ward of envelopment, and engineering helm (requires farming the raid to get).

5 Likes