Pve to Pvp xfers

I’d imagine so, if you can’t even kill viscidus I’m sure a great many things are hard.

Yeah…but guess what…I ended up on a PvP server.

You’re stuck in chump land on Proudmore.

1 Like

You realize proudmoore isn’t a classic realm right.

I didn’t—that’s good though.

Keep yourself in Retail.

2 Likes

Sorry, too busy enjoying 40 min aq clears

You sir, are a god amongst men.

I see no god here, other than myself

Without transfers, communities actually have incentive to keep themselves together and care for each other.

With transfers, who cares? I can just transfer off and find a new group. It reduces the value of community immensely.

3 Likes

While that is a fair point, it also punished people who seek greener fields or are in a tug o war with another guild over world bosses or even targeted by hateful acts such as collusion mercenaries

Also, there could be lag issues from overpopulation

If they didn’t exist.

Pve realm rock for ppl who just want to chill. I’m all about no pve to pvp x fers. Imo pvp realms serve a very important service. I’m also for these realms battlegrounds to be separated also.

4 Likes

No, expecting people to live with the consequences of their choices isn’t close minded. It is called ‘expecting people to have personal responsibility for their gorram actions’. You know, like adults are supposed to do.

3 Likes

Why are you still here? You don’t even comprehend the thread.

I thought the thread was to laugh at you for moving to pve and expecting a do over.

7 Likes

There are always trade offs. Obviously, the ability to transfer from PVE to PVP realms ended up existing (I think from late BC or the Wrath pre-patch), and eventually PVP realms were removed.

Having such restrictions is one of the things I prefer about Classic over Retail, personally. I enjoyed Classic more prior to the introduction of transfers. We saw some realms like Stalagg, Skeram, and Heartseeker become very lopsided, to the point of almost zero representation of one faction, and it appears the reason for this was transfers.

Of all the changes that have happened to WoW over the years, I think that server transfers are the single biggest blow to that unique character connection and identity one can have. Having to reroll to change servers is/was a meaningful and impactful thing that (in my opinion) is unfortunate to lose.

My first max level character in Retail was actually during BC. I was on a PVE realm, because my friends from high school had chosen it, and they refused to play on a PVP realm. I ended up rerolling on a PVP realm, and abandoning (then deleting) my max-level, raid geared PVE toon.

Thank you for actually posting something useful

I will say that those issues of skeram, stalagg, etc were because of free unbiased xfers for minority factions and guilds butting heads for world bosses. An issue that would of been fixed with more realms at launch

1 Like

Leveling as alliance on Arugal was a nightmare.
Then along came phase 2 where every high level zone was camped and it took about an hour and 10ish deaths to get into blackrock mountain.
You don’t get to level care bear then transfer to a real server for a reason

4 Likes

There are other reasons to xfer.

What if someone who lvled pvp wants to join a really amazing guild but they’re pve? You can’t swap back if you do it, should they be punished?

If a guild is recruiting in a minority faction on a realm, why can’t it recruit pve players if they choose to xfer.

There’s much more to be thought about than a outdated meme “ carebear leveling”

Infact if they were horde, it was carebear on pvp aswell most likely either way.

Knowing you cannot transfer back to a PVP server is a trade off that you can choose for yourself.

What if someone wants to raid with a guild that’s on the opposing faction? “Should they be punished?”

I don’t think that consequences for choices made is really equivalent to punishment. If you choose to get a tattoo, you will be unable to go to many public bathhouses or hot springs in Japan. Is that punishment? Nope. It’s just the way it is.

Personally, I rerolled Alliance during Phase 2 and leveled on a Horde dominant server. It was the best experience I’ve ever had playing WoW. The introduction of BGs (and especially the early introduction of BGs) killed that.

But yeah, considering that we do have transfers, it is difficult to predict what sorts of negative things PVE to PVP transfers will bring, since transfers have already had such a negative impact.

2 Likes

as long as your gear, gold and inventory doesnt transfer with you, i’d be okay with it.

A interesting perspective. I aswell play both factions, I disagree with the faction xfer hyperbole but I do see your point.

At the end of the day it comes down to QoL, and with tbc approaching, which is when it was removed. I would like to see the restriction lifted. Although I believe it was added very late into tbc, that said it’s final patch based just like classic. Also, if they choose to keep classic realms optional moving forward, that restriction would be harmful as more realms die.