Punish Key leavers

100% plenty of people I have wanted to play with for a while now

4 Likes

I would love to see the logs of someone who came here claiming that :joy:. I bet I could find a few things haha.

This👆 100% this

1 Like

everything you wrote is a combination of incorrect assumptions about what happened, but none of that is important. the point i was making is that people leave, fine i get that, but dont deplete the persons key. we spoke to that person it was all fine, /readycheck and we go, all good, down 1 boss, 2nd boss we wipe they leave, no comment nothing lol what can u do? they want to leave, fine. cant blame folks, but im not for punishing them, coz i think thats toxic, but so is the game depleting someones key to a large extent.

In my opinion, that why the distinction on Group Finder is important. Beat Timer means the goal is to beat timer. If I, as a tank or dps or anything do not see the possibility of attaining that goal I will leave. This is especially if rookie mistakes are made at high keys (IE Standing in the bad stuff or messing up mechanics 3 content patches in.

If the goal is key completion and ppl need the loot/experience/great vault thats a different story.

1 Like

That still wouldn’t stop people from leaving lol it would make things worse because the fact it “won’t deplete” so now they have now fear of leaving.

Time is money friend and when players waste it for others it’s annoying AF.

It sure is. That’s what makes some people leave. Having their time wasted by people who aren’t able to play adequately for the key they’re doing is frustrating.

2 Likes

Keep in mind: If someone leaves your key, they also wasted their own time.

So why leave at all?

to prevent more time from being wasted if it’s obvious that they key isn’t going to finish.

If the bear tank isn’t using the legendary that makes them immune to necrotic and dies to necrotic, who is wasting who’s time?

6 Likes

Sunk Cost Fallacy

Really? On the last boss? Jeez, I wouldn’t take you even if you begged.

That’s just dirty. Just complete the dungeon instead of actually wasting everyone’s time at the very end of the entire dungeon you all just traversed through. Depletion or not, everyone would get a chance at the loot. And now, no one does, because you’re annoyed. All it takes is one, and congrats on outing yourself.

Gtfoh.

I abandoned a key in the last boss after 1 wipe the other day. The only full wipe of the dungeon. And I caused it by moving too far from the last boss in of and he meleeed the healer in phase 3.

Oh the horror! Get the firing squad and don’t let him enter a key for a week!

Everyone in the group was happy to abandon it because we were only there for io and it was better to keep the 24 Plaguefall than reroll it into potentially a 24 top or sd.
Did the 24 the next day and easy timed it into a 25 as a warm up key.

It’s almost like not everyone does keys for the same reasons you do and people should discuss what they want out of group content with groups to make sure their goals align.

It’s not rocket surgery

1 Like

If you discuss it as a group with majority decision, then whatever.

If you’re the guy that dips on the last boss because you’re annoyed? Come on now.

You missed the part where they wiped 3 times on the last boss. I would have left too.

1 Like

No. How about learn the mechanics or get a 24 hour ban from keys. Immediately when you die in a key you are alt tabbed to YouTube to learn about the mechanics you scuffed. Then you are forced to open a chat box to type out an apology for not coming prepared. And given 24 hours to think about your mistake.

Holding people hostage in a scuffed key group will never be embraced by the community.

Here is a helpful hint.

When you queue your key, there is an option to add in the Dropbox “timed” or “complete”

Choose complete and manage expectations beforehand. Instead of expecting people to not time a key that has been around for 2 years with the exact same mechanics every season.

3 Likes

If people cant do boss mechanics they dont deserve to get end loot.

Really.

Do you do the same thing in raids too? Give up, quit, and expect everyone to be on your plateau? No one gets loot, because you are annoyed?

What a terrible way to look at it. What a joke.

Lmfao.

“Have everyone be at my level, or they don’t get to play!”

It’s as if human error isn’t a thing in this thread. If you simply cannot complete a key due to your ego, then you should look elsewhere.

If the group majority talked and agreed to drop the key, then whatever.

1 Like

A joke is queueing up for a key without knowing the mechanics and causing the group to wipe multiple times. Wasting time. No one is obligated to carry someone who shouldn’t be in that difficulty to begin with.

Yes, there is human error. Thats probably why he even stayed for not 1, not 2, but 3 wipes. At that point it is no longer human error, rather them not being skilled enough.

2 Likes

If you’re having such a difficult time handling others peoples weight, I’d suggest you have a guild or a circle of players you meld with, to do the keys.