Punish Key leavers

If you don’t plan on finishing, don’t join.

It really is that simple.

Key leavers deserve a 24 hour de-buff, stacking, that doesn’t allow you to join/queue for a dungeon for the duration of the time.

81 Likes

What are you proposing the stacking debuff do?

2 Likes

If we die 20 times before we hit first boss.

I’m leaving.

Not sorry.

114 Likes

(Rings a bell)
Shame! :bell: Shame! :bell: SHAME! :bell:

4 Likes

I’ll stop leaving when other party members stop being bad. Sorry but I’m not allowing you to waste my time. If I join your +15 and you play like you don’t even belong in a +8 I’m out if you aren’t paying me and I don’t know you. I’m not sitting through numerous senseless wipes just because you have feelings.

72 Likes

First key you leave -24
Second key you leave -48 hours.

So on and so forth.

3 Likes

no thanks, too many toxic players in the game for me not to be able to leave their group.

37 Likes

You should prob check the IO score to begin with, just a thought.

4 Likes

I’ll say it again, since M+ people like to bring this up whenever someone talks about M+ having a barrier to entry: Make your own group. Then it’s on you if the people you picked have to leave; since making your own group is the answer to everything.

/some-what sarcasm

5 Likes

So the other day I got into a match, in Overwatch, I wanted to be there and I wished everyone a good luck before the match started as I always do :smile_cat: Then the match starts and I have to :poop: really bad so I ALT-F4 and run to the bathroom :man_shrugging: I had every intention of finishing that match but something came up :laughing:

8 Likes

I think they are asking what effect the debuff has. In the OP you just say

and now you’re saying

but you haven’t said what the actual punishment is. Can’t do a M+? Can’t mount up? Can’t fly? Silenced in chat?

3 Likes

Don’t you mean something came down?

4 Likes

Good thing Blizzard respects the player’s option to leave a bad/underperforming group. Blizzard has made it very very clear that they don’t want players to feel “stuck” or “held hostage” in a group they no longer want to be in.

Years and years of complain threads like this one at this point, but Blizzard (wisely) refuses to touch the issue even with a 10-foot pole :relieved:

22 Likes

No they don’t. No one should be forced to stay in a trash key.

18 Likes

After 5 leaves it deletes your Blizzard account. If you attempt to make a new account Blizzard sends in their strike force and they take you out with a black bag over your head and you’ll be taken to Bobby’s bitcoin mine.

12 Likes

Oh shoot, is what all those QA fulltime jobs were for?

1 Like

You know, Overwatch has a punishment system that I think is pretty fair, you guys should look into it

If you leave too many games and your “games played” vs “games completed” percentage falls below our required threshold, you will receive a warning message (this percentage is calculated based on your 20 most recent games).

You don’t get punished for leaving ONE match you get punished if you show a pattern of leaving. So if something comes up like in my earlier post you won’t be penalized.

If you continue to leave games after receiving a warning (which will display in the lower left-hand corner of your screen), you will incur a 75% EXP penalty on all future games.

The punishment could be a reduction on score earned. Say you would have gotten 100 rating for a run, but with the penalty active you get 25.

The penalty isn’t time-based, but instead will be removed once you complete enough games to raise your “games played” vs “games completed” percentage above our required threshold (again, this percentage is calculated based on your 20 most recent games).

14 Likes

Overwatch is apples to oranges.

Mplus should never have any punishment for people leaving.

6 Likes

Look of you’re gaming you shouldn’t eat taco bell that day. Have some respect for your groupmates!

Make your own group addresses barrier to entry. Don’t pug addresses leavers.

3 Likes

Why are you talking? GET BACK TO WORK!

3 Likes