#PullTheRipcord

we know what you want, you never fully explain how that works in the favor of the player base at large. How is Joecasual served by this?

Dude nobody is saying to remove covenants. We want to be able to freely swap between the abilities that each covenant provides, as certain abilities will excel in different pieces of content. The concept of the covenant itself is actually pretty cool.

4 Likes

So sorry but I am a healer main, so I heal 5 man groups and don’t normally need to have a 2nd healer in m+. Hate to break it to you.

I’ve been playing BFA since 8.2, and very few times have I partied with disc priests or know them beyond a general idea and their cooldowns. I don’t like to play priests for the most part, so I don’t play them.

By the way, this is a game. Not reality. I am at least in tune enough with reality to know that. =)

I have been pretty set on my covenant since the announcement trailer, so I can’t understand the mentality of basically hashtag cancelling something that hasn’t been given a fair shake quite yet. 3/4 monk covenant abilities are supposedly bugged. Do you think I’m not still nervous?

Edit: The point of talking about disc priests is that I at least understand what might make them not the best m+ healers, I don’t know how they perform comparatively in most content because I. Main. Heals.

1 Like

what we want is to just remove the power or make it some way where we have access to all of them. We are just asking for the freedom to swap and not be restricted.

4 Likes

Joecasual gets 8 new abilities he gets to play around with. Isn’t it fun to experiment? Like, one run of Torghast Joe can run Venthyr, then another run he can try out Kyrian and just go buck-wild with his freedom.

Then, our buddy Joe can go to school the next day and talk to George, who tell him that Night Fae is the best for their class, hands down. Joe can go home and try out George’s theory, and if he hates the gameplay he isn’t faced with a weeks long grind to get back into whatever he was originally.

4 Likes

Try reading the post you quoted bra.

At what cost? What is he losing for access to all 8?

Nothing? He doesn’t have any of the 8 abilities, he doesn’t haveto give away a foot to get them. I don’t understand the question. I guess he hasto pay 50$ for the expansion, and 15$ for the sub. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to break to me, that I was correct and you’re not in tune with reality of BFA?

Maybe you don’t understand the definition of reality is.

the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Hope this helps going forward!

Yes, because you’re not in beta. People complaining are in beta.

There has been plenty of time for people to give it a fair shake.

8 Likes

slay queen :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well if you can be the best, most optimal build for all content, at all times.
That content will be balanced around everyone having the above at all times.
So if you don’t. You are completely screwed because everyone has access.
Which leads to everyone having exactly the same builds, in all content.
Sounds like a big loss.

1 Like

As opposed to people capping and needing to either decipher 50 new systems in 5 minutes or just going to icyveins and doing what they tell them to do so we end up with everyone having the exact same builds, in all content?

3 Likes

So let me get this straight, instead of allowing people to make up their mind and do what they enjoy and test out new abilities.

You’d rather we lock them to one … for … what? The meta is going to exist and it will be worked out the moment Slands hits.

Every spec will have a Icyveins section for Covenants telling people what the best/worst one is for all the content.

6 Likes

Original post restored.

Blizzard knows the way.

PULL THE RIPCORD!

#PullTheRipcord

6 Likes

Great news, the forum moderators have reverted the false flagging on the thread. Perhaps people can now stop reporting for disagreeing.

7 Likes

we shouldn’t need a borrowed power to make things different, that is a failure on the class dev department. Having covenants vs not having covenants doesnt change the dynamic of class meta.

all covenants are doing is making people feel restricted and others happy because others suffer.

2 Likes

Most of them feel like they have no other recourse because they have no arguments except for ‘because punishing min/maxers’ and I think most of them don’t want to admit to such a petty reason.

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes

It’s possible that will happen. Most likely will. But do you think it’s overall healthy for the game to not only encourage it, but straight up condone it.

You are completely missing the point. Probably because you can’t see past your own needs long enough to look at the big picture and how it would shape the game as a design point.

1 Like

How will it shape the game? it will be gone in 2 years AT MOST because its a borrowed power.

2 Likes

No, I don’t. I think it’s healthy for the game to have people select their covenant based off aesthetics, and have the powers be two new talent rows so people don’t need to feel pressured to make the exact right choice the minute they cap. Maybe eventually all the skills will be the same at the high end, but in the mid-range, I bet more people will want to mess around with funky builds and just do wacky things with their friends. Why do we hate experimentation all of a sudden?

2 Likes

#PullTheRipcord

The old saying is “there’s a first time for everything”… never have the players been faced with such a restriction in regard to their power. Blizzard, please make another first happen and listen to your players EARLY, and not when it’s too late.

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes