#PullTheRipcord

Please. Pull. The. Darn. Thing. Already.

We don’t care if you haven’t developed the full next xpac yet. Anything is better than systemlands. Please work on that instead of yawnghast

Brah pull the ripcord from this entire tr4$h company and get it over with lol they haven’t made anything for 10 years :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

As of now
3,121,385 Characters

So why do you keep telling me to pull it whenever you see me in game?

I said it once as a joke, three weeks ago. Get over yourself.

Ah the typical, “it was only a joke” excuse

More like a few days ago

k

Also I find it weird that you said you were done with this thread but came back a few minutes after I posted in it.

You quoted me, I’m still allowed to use the World of Warcraft forums.

I’m also playing FFXIV triple triad currently so keep it up.

But you didn’t have to reply. Have some self control.

Lol? What kind of comment is that? Someone quotes me and says something I should have some self-control in the thread i made with over 13k posts? Don’t you have anything better to do with your time?

2 Likes

Considering you said that you were done with it… yes.

Shows that you cannot keep your word. Which is funny as you have criticized blizzard for doing that.

Don’t you? You keep coming back for more so clearly you don’t.

I just told you what I was doing, It’s what I said I was doing earlier in this thread because this game is doomed.

Come join me when you get exhausted of fighting Blizzard for quality of life features that should be added months before they come in a later patch.

https://i.imgur.com/T9FjaHX.jpeg

And yet you are here. So I guess you don’t. Seems the WoW forums are more engaging than FFXIV

Look I really do appreciate you bumping the thread but unless you have anything else to add maybe you could move along. Plenty of other threads need their resident forum troll to check in on them.

Sorry but nah. Like I said, clearly FFXIV is not as engaging as you claim it is if you keep coming back to the WoW forums and keep replying to me.

Calling you out on breaking your word is trolling? You poor poor soul.

“I’m done with this thread” - Timbaeslice

Also Timbaeslice

“Denona replied to me, MUST REPSOND!!!”

I’m in queue waiting for the hard mode Ifrit to pop, I’m afraid it’s about to pop so god speed.

Thanks for checking in on me, I’m sure you’re distraught that even people like me who have spent expansions rallying for a better game are giving up on it too. I’d be worried too.

Content creators, streamers, forum posters all ditching the game.

3 Likes

So I was right. Having to resort to WoW forum checking because the game isn’t engaging enough to play when in a queue

Happens all the time. Most of them will be back.

This thread is the pinacle of how a mediocre of a game director Ion Hazzikostas is

6 Likes

Been supporting this since SL Beta. Always wanted to be a Venthyr on my fire mage because i liked the vampire look and wanted to see the story, but I couldn’t if I wanted to not do trash damage on my class so when the game launched i reluctantly went night fae. Thanks to this “amazing” system I have had to reroll my covenant because (as expected) class power (or covenant power) gets tweaked and I had to reroll arcane, but arcane isn’t as compatible with night fae as kyrian is so i had to also change covenants.

This is the woes of only this toon. I have had to change the covenant of 2 of my alts aaswell because of covenant or class balance. God that ripcord needed to exist and be pulled so badly. Ion shows yet again that he would rather have a crap system in the game than admit he messed up and fix it before live. #createandpulltheripcord

4 Likes

My guild’s raid team recently fell apart, and since the only reason I even maintained my subscription through 9.0 was so I could raid with my guildies, I’ve decided to cancel the 6-month sub I’ve maintained since late Legion. Before my subscription runs out I thought it would be prudent to leave one last post on the topic I’ve been passionate about and spoke against since Shadowlands beta. I thought about creating a new topic, but I think a united voice has a better chance to be heard, however slim the chance may be.

The goal of the post is to express my opinions on the covenant system as a whole, and speak about some of the things you may hear from those who are generally against #PullTheRipcord. And I’ll attempt to explain why those arguments don’t work, in as logical of a fashion as I possibly can.

Reading through this thread you may think there are a thousand reasons why people would defend the covenant system, but turns out there are only three. You either argue that “you don’t need it”, or “it’s an RPG element”, or “they just need to balance it better.” I’ll attempt to speak about each of those below. Notice I am not including “meaningful choice” here, because I believe it’s not a logical argument at all. Meaning is subjective, and everyone finds it in different places. Indeed I could care less about what brand of butter to use on my breakfast bread, but for someone who struggles to put food on the table that question has very different meanings. Discussions on subjective matters rarely goes anywhere, and if you see “meaningful choice” all one has to do is to say “it’s not meaningful to me”, and the entire argument goes away.

• The “you don’t need it” argument. First of all I’ve always found this argument rather obnoxious. Everyone’s progression is their own. There are players who struggle to clear AOTC (I know, I used to be there). So why is it ok for anyone to presume to know how anyone else plays the game? This argument also implies that they know by experience that you don’t need it for whatever game modes they include in their argument (usually heroic raid or pre-glad), but I’d argue they most likely don’t have experiences in those areas (can’t say for sure because some like to hide their main in forums). Besides, a large portion of the game is about eliminating your opponents, whether you are doing mythinc raid, M+, PvP, torghast, or WQ, and there is nothing wrong for anyone who wants to see bigger numbers regardless what areas of the game they are in. If people want to pick one covenant for crazy torghast AoE build, and another for single target heroic raid progression, I say let them, because I see nothing wrong with this mentality.

• The “it’s an RPG element” argument. This argument is hard to argue against directly, because covenant system does indeed include RPG elements. However what most people choose to ignore is that it also has “gameplay” elements. Therefore when people argue for this they are really only arguing for half of the system’s potential impact. I’d also argue that even as an RPG element it still fails to deliver. Let’s consider the covenant system as a whole from the RPG lense, and you start to see many shortcomings or things that don’t make much RPG sense. The history of the covenants aren’t really well explained, and we don’t really see any story impact from covenant point of view. Soulbinds don’t have characters, and indeed, if all covenants are working together why are we considered traitors when they continue to ask for our help? We are the unique maw walker, one would think they’d fight over our help rather than calling us traitors. I’d even go so far to say that this is arguably the biggest failure of covenant system. Blizzard combined an RPG element with gameplay impact, and in doing so they are really asking players to pick one of the game element to focus on even assuming a player never changes their covenant. Because what you “identify with” don’t always align with what would be most beneficial in your game play, so what do you care more, RPG or gameplay? In my opinion that is a terrible question to ask players to answer.

• The “they just need to balance it better” argument. I think those who argue for this are rather delusional. Many classes in game have different roles, and the covenant abilities do the same thing across them all. If an ability does the same damage for DPS and tank and heal roles, how do you balance? If an ability absorb the same amount across DPS and tank and heal roles, how do you balance? It’s not mathematically possible. Besides, WoW is notoriously known for its relatively inbalanced classes, and if Blizzard struggles to balance between specs with specific abilities, what makes you think they can balance abilities that span across specs and roles?

To close this up, there are many reasons why covenant system as whole is a bad system. But if you peel through them, at the very core, you will find the most foundamental reason of them all: the covenant system is a net-loss system. What I mean by that, is that for people who do not care the system does next to nothing, but for those who do, the system impacts them negatively. I still remember chatting with guildies on Discord during Shadowlands beta, “there is no way they are not opening this up,” but they went and did it anyway. So I have to at least applaud them for their determination (also given the overwhelming number of posts against covenant in beta this should be a clear indication Blizzard makes their own decision, I don’t care which side you are on). Which is fine, they should be able to make their decisions for their game, but still I wish that they would’ve been able to think more from a players’ perspectivite. I maintained my sub throughout BfA. Even after we had N’zoth on farm, I continued to login every single day. I did old raids, I did BGs and arenas, I wasted hours for no reason on the Nazjatar bridge doing wPvP. It was fun, I could play the game how I want. Hopefully one day WoW would return to that. Let players play how they want. Give them choices, and let them find their own meanings. Because what you find meaningful, most likely someone somewhere in the universe will not.

10 Likes

That is what I’ve been saying since before the expansion launched. There is literally nothing positive about Covenants as they are designed. Their impact on the player is either neutral or negative.

1 Like