#PullTheRipcord

Oh sweet Vaerume, this has been brought up countless times in this thread. Prepare for the biggest strawman you’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

I’ve suggested making a conduit that would make any of the class abilities work with any soul bind regardless of covenant and just make the signature abilities open world zone abilities for their respective zones.

Keeping the thread alive can’t be bad. If I remember correctly, that’s the rogue that was arguing with me over marketing and parroting some insane stuff about why products are successful.

Somthing like that. LOL 1

Pull it.

I had other specs I wanted to play but they required different covenants for different content. Chose rogue because necrolord works for PVP and M+.

Cant play DH because NF is mandatory for PVP and Kyrian is for M+.

Pull it.

8 Likes

Like people have said the ripcord is now only one of many very troubling issues about Shadowlands, it’s such an easy fix for such a huge improvement to the game.

Pull it !

Will never happen. Pulling the ripcord would mean they’re making player positive changes in wow, that will never happen with this current dev team.

3 Likes

Just so we’re clear, our chief “don’t pull the ripcord” resident Edyta just made a banger post about how could blizzard not look into balance of covenant powers!!!

If only someone saw this coming… truly…shocking…i am shocked…totally shocked…

What are you vegetables doing Blizzard? Pull the ripcord! :carrot:

16 Likes

Pure comedy.

1 Like

I’ve come to the point now that I’m just not going to look at WoW again until Ion and the team at the top leave; they think they are right and they’ve convinced those that have the power to do anything they’re right, so nothing we say here is going to change that.

I’m happy playing BC and will be happier in Wrath, which means unfortunately they still get my money, but retail’s just a dead duck in the water until attitude changes happen at the top.

5 Likes

Imagine asking a multi billion dollar company which deliberately chose to put in 4 covenant abilities across 30 specs to try and balance it.

1 Like

Definitely! Blizzard nailed the feeling of a terrible place in which we want to spend as little time as possible.

Honestly, Blizzard not understanding that people wouldn’t want to return over and over to a place that was designed to feel bad is just about the best representation of their company these days.

2 Likes

Hahah, no doubt. It was silly of them to put all of these abilities in without a way to rapidly exchange between them. Right now, 1.2% of balance druids are Venthyr, and druids represent about 10% of all characters. Thus, only like 1 in 1000 characters can use the Venthyr covenant ability, whatever it is… and some poor developer spent their time coding it up and someone else made animations for it. Those animations are taking up space on our hard drives for no good reason.

But really, balance is a fleeting thing anyway, as some powers are good in single target and others are better in multi-target (or burst, or cleave, or when you need an immunity, etc.). If you allow people to change between them then that goes a long way toward balancing them inherently because even the garbage ones are good situationally.

4 Likes

pull the ripcord.

1 Like

Remember that time Blizzard pulled the ripcord? God, could you imagine them not pulling the ripcord? Just imagine, dude. Absolutely wild.

1 Like

yes but you’re forgetting the theme! obviously all the druids picked night fae because of the theme! and uhh Warlocks picked it for the theme!

err…mages YEA the THEME

hunters…are like…they hunt in the trees so they pick it FOR THE THEME

shadow…priests…walk…in the nature…soo…the theme???

5 Likes

What happened to all your predictions on annoucements?

That is true that it limits even what class you want to play. Not only does it punish players that want to play off specs but also their main spec that wants to do multiple types of content.

Why does the vault exist which awards different content types if they are going to limit your specs performance in different aspects of end game?

Can’t the devs see you should not punish players that want to excel at their favorite parts of endgame? Why force players into harsh opportunity costs if a player loves PVP and M+ for example?

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

They’re trying to be the witch in Snow White, who lived in the woods.

Merlin went into the woods to become a hermit. Duuh

The trees in the woods cast shadows in the day so shadow priests are tree huggers.

2 Likes

At first, back in Beta, I disagreed with pulling the ripcord.

Now, I see the issues and experience them first-hand. I am able to admit, I was simply short sighted and…well, wrong.

I didn’t come to fully realize the issues until playing through myself.

Sure, you can just choose the covenent you like the vibe of and bury your head in the sand to it’s power (or lack thereof), but even the most casual player feels bad being locked into a sub-par choice.

There’s also the issue of the constant need/buff cycle and wanting to change to keep up with whatever balancing changes are implemented… While it’s not too difficult to do it’s simply a pita, for lack of better words and the time spent re-doing all the things you just did, but in a different flavor, just to change covenent feels like my time as a person is not being respected.

However, more importantly, I would like to address, what I feel is the bigger picture at large, which is the entire concept of “borrowed power” feels like it has gotten out of hand and makes expansions feel super segmented and less enjoyable.

What I mean, is it feels bad looking back at everything from the MoP Farm, the WoD Garrison, Legion Artifact, BFAs Cloak and Heart and realizing that it was all pointless temporary gimicks.

I invested a ton of time, hours weeks into these things and they have absolutely no use now(kinda the same with progression investment!).

I feel like the game would be more enjoyable if it had some continuity from one expansion to the next and less emphasis on these temporary systems on top of systems.

Ever since the cycle from Burning Crusade to Wrath, which admittedly, wasn’t too crazy, I’ve been wishing for less large and abrupt changes and more continuity in transitioning.

Anyways, as for now, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. It’s life, I’m wrong a lot.

Pull The Ripcord.

15 Likes