#PullTheRipcord

NF also makes sense if you are RPing as the most infamous hunter in literature… who heard that Bambi’s mom was regenerating in an Ardenpod and came to the Weald to finish the job.

3 Likes

Just so we’re clear here. You are a Night Fae Hunter. You are quite literally playing the only good spec for hunter. That’s strange really, looking at your profile would make me think you’d fit the bill as the average player.

Strange

8 Likes

“I don’t min-max, so none of that affects me”

googles “Hunter Icy Veins” and C+Ps it

Warlocks just really like nature okay. It was very subtly hinted at in our order hall with all the green.

7 Likes

I wish they would revert the nerfs to pelagos and DC. Then hunters could play any of the 4. The dream.

Technically you can but you’ll get declined an absolute ton. Like my necrolord survival hunter main. . Constantly declined from all content for being so off-meta.

but it changes what I want to play, I’m not gonna play enhance becasue necrolord enhance feelsbadman. But if i go venthyr to make enhance feel good it makes ele feel bad, and I wanted to try ele so I simply don’t play enhance even though I would a liked to give it a fair shot. In legion I could have passively kept my loot spec as enhance and hoped for bis leggo drops, in bfa I could very well could have accidentally gotten my enh bis before my ele or resto bis because lol azerite vendor, in shadowlands I’m actually stuck with a few talent builds that are fully synergistic and a whole lot of options I used to have that are not at full power because covenants lol. Thanks for the engaging system that makes it unfun to experiment blizzard, its so bad that even the ptr can’t completely bypass how awful the system feels.

7 Likes

Necrolord feels so bad for enhancement lol.

My second shaman is Venthyr and it absolutely owns with enhancement. Making it instant cast is incredible.

2 Likes

Very few people stood around doing literally nothing waiting for Houlon. There was other stuff to do, all the time - people announced houlon and everyone flocked. Heck, even the people who stood around doing nothing half the time ended up as targets for the flame item that lets you kill your own faction.

It’s extremely obvious if you played MoP that the people designing the content enjoyed designing the content, and that lead to good content, and people liked it. Sure, it was down on Wrath; no doubt. A lot of people whinged at the time. But by and by, it is remembered fondly. None of the mechanics SCREAMED time waste for the sake of wasting time. Everything was themed, everything told a story, it felt fun to be part of it. Not everyone enjoyed MoP, but not many people complained that it was badly made or clearly designed to waste time or anything like that. Most complaint was about disliking the theme - which, ultimately, is ok. Not everyone is on the same page in this regard - different people like different things.

The Maw doesn’t tell a story. It is bland. It is generic. Its inhabitants are dull and forgettable. Its mechanics are blatantly designed to take longer, rather than possibly well hidden design to do the same. It doesn’t FEEL like the people who made it enjoyed the process, it doesn’t FEEL like they want me to enjoy it. It doesn’t have a theme, a design, a goal. It just exists because it had to exist as a means to an end.

Whether or not this is the reality or not, this is the end result. Ultimately, even if they all hated their jobs and just did a good job of hiding it, the end result is the same; they did a good job. The Maw does the opposite; either they simply don’t care about their players having fun, or they did a very bad job at conveying it.

I didn’t particularly like Mechagon but it’s not in the same category as the maw. I probably didn’t like it because of the context it existed in; if it had existed as an extension of the Ulduar-style era tinkerer wing, say, I probably would have liked it. It at least has a story and follows through on it quite well. The Maw is just… a different animal entirely.

10 Likes

Venthyr is so boring. I love necrolord for solo play, but the single target performance is dog crap. I can’t play it in raid because its not fun to not be a top dps. I have to roll 2 Mage’s. 1) venthyr for frost pve and 3v3. Necrolord for duels and 2v2. Why should I have to roll 2 Mage’s. Just because I want to have fun in duels/2v2 and 3 minute one shots necrolord provides. I shouldn’t. Please bring frost necrolord single target performance up. If you figure this out, it would also make it better for 3v3. Necrolord frost isn’t the best in competitive arena because again, it’s built around 3 minute cool downs. The same story goes for PvE. Except even with perfect rotation, it’s 400~ dps behind , which is huge. All you have to do to fix necrolord frost in pvp is make necrolord and icy veins sync up together on a cd shorter than 3minutes. 2min cds are more respectable for arena. Ideally you want 1 minute go’s and All you have to do in PvE is bring up the single target dps to a level competitive with venthyr. Do something blizzard, for the love of god. You got this.

Your game was perfect in beta, all the covenants were sim’ing equal in PvE and there was no stop gap like venthyr frost has now. All we are asking is to balance the covenants so people can play what is fun to play for them.

This makes me wonder if the blizzard execs even understand what any of this means? Uhhg.

The other big difference between Timeless Isle and The Maw is that Timeless Isle was just a really nice place to spend time.

The music was great, the environment was nice, you got the Emperor and Celestials giving uplifting speeches.

Mechagon was close with its ambiance. Just a nice little island with an upbeat vibe.

Contrast that with the Maw, which is designed to look and feel like Dante’s Inferno crossed with a nuclear blast zone.

Nah, honestly, asking them to balance 4 covenant abilities across ~30 specs is a HUGE ask. If they can do it, great, more power to them, but they can’t… so we’re instead we’re asking them to just treat the abilities as a talent row. Covenants would then be a purely aesthetic choice.

Soulbinds and conduits complicate things a bit, but they’re fundamentally a pointless system. Easy thing would be to ditch them. Next easiest thing would be to just treat them like another talent row. Going forward, the dev team needs to move away from intricate, limiting, and disposable systems like the conduits.

7 Likes

This is impossible. You can’t just change numbers and make X ability equal to Y ability, because even if they’re responsible for the same amount of DPS, there’s a whole bunch of other stuff involved.

Like the biggest reason that Warlocks go Night Fae is Niya and the fact Soul Rot lines up with Aff burst windows. You could make every Covenant equal to NF in throughput.

But then people would still go Night Fae anyway, just cause Warlock mobility is garbo and having Soulshape is a literal gamechanger for us.

And then you have to get in the more dubious situation of trying to balance mobility v dps v survivability.

The best solution is just to open up Covenants so you don’t have to worry about crap like having a separate character for PvE and PvP because they require different Covenant setups.

7 Likes

Or you could stop baying for perfect balance in an MMO that will never happen?

While I understand the visual engagement that the other zones naturally encourage… the Maw is exactly what they said they were giving us. It’s supposed to be terrible, unrelenting, and someplace you don’t want to be in any more than you have to.

Admit it: they nailed it.

It’s as if the Maw is a visual representation of their last few attempts at implementing systems. :scream:

There’s a difference between perfect balance and not even close. If blizzard isn’t gonna put the time in to get stuff close then the next best option is open everything up.

5 Likes

That doesn’t fix anything either. It creates a bigger mess, and then what, you want Blizzard to balance it still?

It seems that no one actually wants to get their hands dirty.

Because of their terrible decisions wow is seeing a mass exodus of players. This is ALL Blizzard’s fault.

6 Likes

Yall ready for a dev update from the director?

HAHAHAHAH

2 Likes

Conduit energy now affects respecs!! We know how much you guys love to grind needlessly.

4 Likes

How is it a bigger mess? Not to mention blizzard already doesn’t mind leaving dead talents in the game, because it’s easily to switch. Might as well make these easy to switch, then at least if they treat them like dead talents it’s not as much of an annoyance.

1 Like