#PullTheRipcord

The most shameless part being where you couldn’t mount in the maw.

I’ll be mentioning this until i die i swear it’s the lamest thing they’ve ever done and they really ought to apologize for it.

5 Likes

Kyrian blood dk and venthyr frost mage kinda are. Its one of those cases where covenant choices also determine which specs work well. As for stats I’m sure someone can post something supporting assuming my information is still valid, it was at one point at least.

At this point there’s just so many.

Removing the flight whistle was huge in my eyes.

The fact that they made Venari’s conduit upgrade item unique was also a good kick to the nuts.

Extending the completion time in DoS rather than adding “teleports” to the beginning of each wing like the Ardenweald wing was another huge one.

1 Like

Nah, Ven’ari Conduit Upgrades have that beat.

Locked behind a long rep grind. :white_check_mark:
Locked behind a resource grind :white_check_mark:
Completely RNG on what Conduits you upgrade :white_check_mark:
No other source for many of the Conduits :white_check_mark:
Have to use them in one spot (far away from the actual vendor) :white_check_mark:
Unique so you have to get them one at a time :white_check_mark:

10 Likes

Must disagree. Long after content is done, our stories continue. Now if you want to say for non-RPers there must be content, I’d agree. But if you are an RP’er, why now that the pesky content is out of the way you can lean harder into story. ~.^

We’re always going to bump bumpers on RP matters, aren’t we? :stuck_out_tongue: At least they are friendly ribbings.

For those that are on RP servers and RP is a big part of their game then yes RP will always carry them through . However most servers are not RP ones and for most the story is the RP and when the story finishes for a patch , it is the game play that carries the game.

With table top games like D&D the story is the game because the DM is creating as he goes along. There may be things he/she plans ahead but each choice a player/s makes guides the direction of the game . WIth games like D&D there is no 2,3 ,4 ,5 or 6 month content drought in the story. It is that drought in story content in WoW that makes it so that game play carries the game for the most part. for most people.

If the game has issues with game play then people are more likely not to play because of it.

And on each character for the Maw upgrade/unlocks. Yes, I checked. The Torghast ones are account-wide but not the Maw ones. So fantastic. A+ content.

:100:

Yes. This is WoW. WoW has reputations. Reputations usually give rewards.

See above.

This is wrong. They should all be available at max lvl through pvp or raiding.

This is fine, if they are all available through pvp and raiding.

This is like AP all over again. They never thought players would run maw or islands 14 hours a day. They vastly underestimated players obsession with no life.

Additionally confusing after watching some players grind world buffs to parse on 15 year old content that was cleared by lvl 45s in quest greens and considering that simming two of my characters with 213 conduits vs 226 results in gains of 50-70 dps against total sims of 6.1 to 6.3k…

Strange, I had access to a mount from the very beginning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness, it wasn’t that terrible. They did have the NPC’s that dropped temporary mounts. The Maw could’ve been smaller, but with more pack density.

The old, tired talking point that nothing has ever changed in the game, nothing ever will, and it’s so exciting more slowly grinding more currencies than ever before and waiting on more layers of RNG that you actually considered playing the game yourself. But decided you were more effective giving the same old copy-paste-and-copy-paste-again answers that never were true and never will be.

4 Likes

Oh no, an optional grind for 0.3% more dps. Game is dead.

No, the fact it served no point outside of padding playtime is what grinds me. There is really no other reason, none.

5 Likes

That’s the new WoW mission statement.

4 Likes

What was timeless isle for? At least SP had a dungeon.

No point pulling it 10 minutes after they already face planted in the ground and flat lined.

But this being Blizzard they will wait until just before they are in the casket about to go into their final resting place and then they will pull it. You know to smooth things until the next expac. (Caverns of Disappointment)

3 Likes

God, I LOVED reforging, especially as a shaman healer because I was really able to funnel stats into Crit and haste while I raided which helped a lot. I was so mad when they removed that and profession bonuses in WoD.

ESPECIALLY after they also removed hit rating, which was the only part about reforging that sucked.

4 Likes

Covenants should be cosmetic permanent choices that have nothing to do with performance.

8 Likes

I actually stopped using it because it bugs out randomly sometimes and just kills you. I’ve died just from dismounting in the middle of nowhere couple of times. One of those times I couldnt loot my corpse and lost close to 3000 stygia. I submitted a bug request to Blizzard expecting them to do nothing, and that’s exactly what they did.

I just realized we hit over 1,000 likes. #PullTheRipcord this is a huge achievement for the forums.

12 Likes

I’m sad that my Shaman doesn’t get to play enhancement offspec anymore.

My shaman is main spec resto. I’m playing Necrolord because it’s wildly stronger than Venthyr in PVP, which is what I’m mainly playing with that character at the moment.

Adding Primordial Wave to Enhancement turns it into one of the most clunky, awkward, miserable playstyles I’ve ever played on any class. I don’t as much care that it’s not as strong as Venthyr. I do care about the fact that it feels like trash to play.

So I don’t play enhancement anymore even though I love it.

5 Likes