#PullTheRipcord

That’s a big ole yikes.

What ?

Frost mage is blasting in raid, maybe when you guys kill sire you can start messing around with new specs on farm and you’ll see Frost is slapping.

Nah I just only play fire mage and I stick with venthyr.

For my dk I went kyrian.

man i dont know why you are even mentioning your fire mage or dk they aren’t even showing up on alt search so they must be pretty small.

your main is BIS covenant thats all that matters.

1 Like

Funny thing is Crimson is going ha ha Blizz is making people have to play my way and we all know how Blizz operates. Next expac they will swing the pendulum completely the other way and he will be going but Blizz why are you making me play their way now . I play different then them I shouldn’t be forced to play how they do .

4 Likes

I don’t know why he’s even bothering to reply, he was way more of a threat to the thread when we didn’t know his main was a NF Boomkin

Very original LMAO.

dont worry though his fresh 60 dk is a kyrian so its all okay right

4 Likes

1 not really. They’ve been moving more and more in this direction since bfa.

2 if they opened up the restrictions, I wouldn’t have to play differently. I could still choose to impose the restrictions on myself.

Interesting. Sounds more meaningful if they were opened up then

1 Like

those tough restrictions of playing the best covenant on boomkin you are so brave.

your guild must be so unhappy you would impose such a tight restriction on yourself while raiding with them, you know, picking the best possible DPS covenant.

that poor guild.

really taking one for the team crimson… .thank you for the bottom of my heart as someone who wants to see the little guy win.

edit 2: thank u crimson thank u so much!!!

10 Likes

I personally think it’s just capitalism that’s trying to leverage addiction/stockholm syndrome.

So much about Shadowlands seems to try and pad “time played metrics” by influencing players to have multiple copies of the same class, or for it to just take longer to do stuff.

1 Like

Do you think we can get this thread to an even 15000 posts by the time it becomes a year old?

Can we do it?

Yes we can!

Absolutely cackling like a witch at peoples disbelief that Blizzard is doubling down on Tyrannical as a m+ affix instead of just getting rid of it despite an tremendously amount of negative feedback.

Where have we seen this story for Shadowlands hmm gee i wonder golly josh

Covenant legendaries

6 Likes

Pull it!

5 Likes

Dreamhaven… save us.

3 Likes

Players: Here is how to fix the game.
Blizzard: no.

2 Likes

When Blizz fixes things it means neutered

Pro-Blizzard Players: Game is fine. You just suck. We need meaningful choices in an RPG. Pay no attention to my BIS covenant character behind the curtain.

4 Likes

Apart from covenants, after enough consideration I believe that #pulltheripcord needs to be pulled for the expansion as a whole. A part that I’d like to bring up that doesn’t seem to get much attention on GD.

Many if not most pvp’ers were excited by the return of pvp vendors but like everything Blizzard has been doing in recent history, they feel the need to take 1 step forward with 3 steps back.

1. The honor grind for useless gear (it’ll be the same next season in 9.1 too)

Back in WoD and prior it required roughly about 11-13k of honor to be grinded up in order to afford a full set of honor purchased gear. In SL, it requires 87k-90k for the same full set of gear.

The amount of honor gained in SL is roughly the same per win as it was then in WoD. Massive inflation was attached to this system by requiring that gear has to be upgraded, resulting in players needing to invest close to 9x the amount of time that they had needed to in the past. The real insult comes further down.

1. Conquest gain & point cap.

In the past, a players cap was reflected by their rating. Better rating = higher cap = you’d gear slightly faster from arena/rbgs. Most noticeable of all is in SL, is the further along a season is the sheer amount of time investment required to gear & cap out conquest is truly unfeasible. The amount awarded for arena wins is atrocious. RBGs award more per win but when time is factored, rbgs are a piss poor way to gear up an alt.

1. Got that full conquest set?

Great. Remember that 90k~ honor grind you did for vendor trash? Get ready to do it again but this time with a 120k honor grind ahead of you. In which case you’re destroying undergeared & honor geared alliance mains & alts in random bg’s, which after a few games becomes unrewarding in of itself.

1. Now you’re 226

You’ve got at minimum 12k more hp than a full honor geared player, 250+~ main stat, and 10-13% more vers. Honor geared bro is literally a walking 360 no-scope headshot, even with no cooldowns. Bravo with the gear balancing Blizzard. Great to see you’re doing it again in 9.1. Just one factor that has bolstered the carrying/boosting/“coaching” service industry.

1. Covenant & legendary powers

This is almost a save for Blizzard. Almost. But on two occasions already this season they’ve deliberately altered many class/spec covenants and legendary synergy. Normally this should be expected to try and at least balance things. Not so much so when these things are tied behind mEaNiNgfUL cHoIcE in an environment that by gameplay design, demands meta requirements.

1. MMR tinkering mid season

I’m not even sure what to write here other than that it’s a showcase of how bad they messed up to begin with. The bell curve was set inappropriately from the start of this season and has played a small part, besides gear power disparity of why the ladders are and have been a wreck for months.

1. So conclusions

The “WoD” like power for pvp gear next season literally addresses none of the actual glaring issues with pvp. The ladders are in a mess, the gear power disparity between honor gear & conquest gear will remain massive. The amount of grinding either require will still be massive and inflated to any point referenced from ages past when pvp vendors existed. I honestly see next season having less participation by the end of the first month next season than right now where everyone is sitting with glad & hero. It’s pathetic.

One of the roots of it all: play time metrics.

6 Likes

lol wow this is funny

So much of Shadowlands seems to revolve around this right here.

From the core systems to small QoL changes.

6 Likes