#PullTheRipcord

You obviously have not spent much time in the real world. I think you should stop trolling and uh, maybe study some business classes or statistics or something.

3 Likes

It’s simple economics. Usually products of quality are successful because of high demand. I’ve never heard of a product that failed because of its high quality.

Right…

First of all, you don’t have knowledge on every single product of quality since sliced bread, so your statement can’t possibly be true. Second of all, it takes many factors for something to be successful, but takes much less for it to fail. Also whether something is good is often subjective. I’ll give you a very trivial example: the Macadamia nut flavor ice cream from Haagen-Dazs is the bomb. But you won’t find it in the US. Why not? Because it’s not successful.

P.S. that’s a real flavor and it is actually the most tasty flavor in my opinion. If you ever go to Taiwan or Hong Kong you might still be able to find it.

Marketing would have a word with you.

1 Like

It’s one of the strongest indicators of a successful product. It’s an objective fact. There’s no gray area here. Products of good quality are successful. Chick-Fil-A is successful. McDonalds is successful. Burger King is successful. All three have quality products relative to their price, that’s why people buy them.

Can you name me a single product that failed because of how good the quality was?

I wonder if we’ll ever get something like

to rebuild trust with the community. We still have top players coming back and echoing the issues in this thread.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about wildstar, but marketing and business in general. Don’t pin down general business rules to a single product.

So using that logic, how can you say Wild Star was successful if a majority of people hated it and it failed?

Something along the lines of the original post:
I wasn’t taking about wildstar, but business and marketing in general. An example of a low quality product overtaking higher quality products was BEATS by dr dre. Overpriced and weighed down to feel sturdier then they actually were, they were still a large success despite being the same as a much cheaper pair of headphones.

Your question does not match your comment at all. You ask me to name a failed produce because of how good it is, but instead it should be to name a failed produce despite how good it is.

Go search on Google, you’ll find a ton. Also I did give you one.

1 Like

But that’s subjective per consumer. Objectively, quality products are successful. Period.

No, you didn’t. You gave me an example of why something wasn’t successful regionally, but Haagen-Dazs still produces Macadamia flavor in places where the demand is high. It’s still successful in other regions.

If it was not successful, Haagen-Dazs would not keep producing it.

No they are not. If no one knows about your product it’ll be a failure, no matter how high quality it is. If you spend too much money upkeeping your product and can’t turn a profit, it’s a failure. If you can’t get the manpower to keep the work going, it’s a failure. Quality is but one aspect of a products success.

Using this theory, there are and have only ever been two good MMORPGs ever. WoW and Final Fantasy, since every other one is dead.

? Elder Scrolls and Guild Wars are still making expansions?

As they lay off 200 workers and give the ceo a big bonus…yeah man power is lacking

1 Like

Hey don’t bother Edyta they are going to bring up common sense to defend that point that there are soooooo many millions of people still playing. Because they don’t need sources when they visit SW there are like HEAPS of people on so therefore it hasn’t had an absolute monstrous exodus of players since it came out.

Imagine releasing a new expansion and losing around half your subs in the first 6 months DURING A PANDEMIC.

Yea, how very much dare Blizzard stop paying entry-level jobs that have no purpose. What do they think they are, a business?!

Imagine being this bitter about not getting your way that you’re still paying for the game you clearly hate.

But keep sputtering on.

Layoffs happen on an everyday basis in the adult business world. This is something you’ll need to quickly accept should you decide to pursue a professional career.

1 Like

Are you really still in this thread? It’s pretty evident you’re not interested in anything anyone has to say in here so it’d probably be greater net positive if you just removed yourself from the discussion.

1 Like

You want me to leave for having a difference of opinion? Really?