#PullTheRipcord

But you play for power, and you’re advocating for something that doesn’t fix the power gap. The graphs would remain the same, so why does it matter?

1 Like

What? I’m advocating the split of covenants from power.

That graph would be different if warlocks weren’t forced into being Faeries. It would allow people to pick covenants for reasons they might find meaningful like theme/aesthetics.

How would the graph be the same if you could pick whatever covenant you actually wanted to.

You think 85% of ranged DPS pick Night Fae as their true favourite content? Come on now.

3 Likes

Why is it good design for a player to decide which content they can excel at and which other content shall they be restricted by?

I love customisation and building a character to hold it’s own identity. This wasn’t the way to do it.

3 Likes

What would happen to the affliction numbers if “some people” hadn’t mass upvoted a thread/ reddit post with a spreadsheet showing “65% of dps are going Kyrian” for double potency that lead to Pelagos taking a 10-12% nerf…

No, it wouldn’t because you wouldn’t be comparing through Covenants then. It would just be talent abilities.

People who play for power, play for power. The covenant becomes irrelevant once you take their power away, so you’re graph wouldn’t change at all.

1 Like

Because this is an mmorpg. We need more rpg aspects instead of catering to the instant gratification crowd.

Uh? The graph i linked showed covenants. You mentioned that graph.

That graph would be different because people wouldn’t be forced into playing Night Fae.

The clear numbers show that a majority of people play for power apparently. Covenants don’t become irrelevant? I’d love to swap to Kyrian and just spend all expansion as Kyrian because I like their armour and their lore of letting go of their past lives.

Unfortunately I can’t because Kyrian covenant power is doodoo. So I’ll just be bouncing from whatever covenant is the best to whatever covenant is the best. Very meaningful

1 Like

It’s a lot easier to change talents than covenants.

It’s easy to throw out hypotheticals like, What would have happened to WoW if we had a person in charge of design who actually seemed to understand the playerbase of the game he is looking after.

What if indeed.

Do we? During the golden years what MeAnInGfUl choices did we have ?

Sure. Under the right conditions, I would agree with you. I don’t believe this is it.

How is that hypothetical? You literally posted and upvoted that thread. The same people here posted in the Venthyr thread before that. Both were quickly nerfed based on that feedback.

What portion of the playerbase?

Priest racials, Human/ Orc Racial, Professions, the scryer enchant, hybrid tax are examples of power that was locked through choice.

The majority, apparently? Like we’re discussed in here. The narrative of people defending covenants that only the sweaty 1% pick for power has been shown to be horrendously out of touch.

I mean i can pull the numbers up again if you like. It’s really easy and fun to throw them in your faces.

The graph would be different because the focus would be on the talents instead of the Covenants. You don’t know what people would pick, but you would know that the powers associated to that Covenant would be picked.

It’s doodoo because you’re a progression player. I’m willing to bet that the majority of the player base could clear Heroic and KSM regardless of what is picked, but they just follow the path of least resistance.

So it’s not that Covenants are super terrible for the majority, but its just mighty inconvenient for progression players.

No actually, Resto shaman has a luxury where our covenants are extremely close. It’s doodoo because It’s annoying and not fun to use. It has a rough time being tracked and the radius is tiny. Don’t speak for me.

The graph I linked would be different, once again because Covenants wouldn’t be shown as an absolute farce and there would be some diversity. Maldraxxus wouldn’t just be Where the DKs and some shamans hang out.

Night fae wouldn’t be where the majority of players hang out.

No they haven’t.

There is literally zero people who would be negatively effected if Covenants were opened up.

3 Likes

The majority of players want what? MoP/ WoD design? No player power outside of instanced pvp or raid?

You’ve been presented with more than a dozen reasons people like covenants.

Separating the power would have zero impact on the graphs you are linking. Everyone would still be picking the same things.

You literally chain upvoted a thread that got Pelagos nerfed by 7-12% for every dps spec. And now want to link graphs showing how most dps are NF? Ok.

Somehow they seem to think that if covenants opened up it would make the tiny portion of players who picked their covenant not for power would all of a sudden be outraged because now it would be less meaningful or something?

1 Like

Talents are “opened up.” Some have been dead for 3 xpacs. What incentive is there to balance them if they are easily changeable? I can get away with being somewhat suboptimal if the choice is semi-permanent. There is also a greater chance that some bandaid fixes come through.

If suboptimal “can’t get groups” now, those chances go down with covenants open, not up.

Daily support for pulltheripcord. I want to send all my gnomes to the kyrian because they’re cute little angels but I also want them to have abilities from other covenants.

3 Likes

Ok so you agree that Blizzard has no interest/time/ability to balance things already in the game. What made them think they could even remotely get covenants/soulbinds right? Why would they set themselves up for such monumental failure?

1 Like