#PullTheRipcord

That’s what I was thinking. Making the system less restrictive by allowing the player to pick a partner covenant

1 Like

And yet, that seems to be the goal of the devs.

4 max level toons creates more time played than 1. People called it before the expansion released.

4 Likes

Yea many of us just kept holding onto the hope that they would reconsider. They have made it fully clear by now that what they mean by “we are listening” really means that they do not care about our opinions. They dont deserve their community anymore if this is how they treat them.

4 Likes

Right–now instead of experiencing the content they already added by selecting a second ALREADY EXTANT FEATURE, they’re adding 40 new layers of Renown on top of it…

Ignoring the obvious business case, there’s also a problem in game now with covenant exclusive rewards. E.g., I really want the Fun Guy title, but I can only get it if I’m Night Fae. This extends to mounts and pets… It offers me the ability to make the choice of gameplay plus specific reward or aesthetic, without sacrificing one for the other (as much – 2 of 4 are still excluded).

By the end of the expac, it’s a real shame to not let the player experience the full breadth of content without swapping around at some point near the end.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t even know threads could continue this long.

2 Likes

If you want T3 forum permissions, this is a good one to just sit back and mouse autoscroll through.

1 Like

Wait, you get trust level by just reading? … Why am I not surprised that this would be the way Blizzard sets things up?

you need 20k read forum posts, so many OPs, and so many replies every 100 days in a rolling time period for T3, yeah

I believe it’s also no forum holidays which is why some of won’t get trusted :pensive:

Rip cord … more like, pull the life support cord …

1 Like

Proportionate to the amount of disrespect the devs show their customers.

A beauty and tragedy in one.

Dug through some stats on WCL to check on Warlocks because people used “Druids are nature so NF makes sense” for the Sire Statistics.

For Mythic Sire logged kills for Affliction Warlock as of 10/5/2021 the numbers are below.

Night Fae:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26/#boss=2407&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&covenant=3
Top 3 Parses:

1. 9117
  2. 8971
  3. 8818

Kyrian:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26/#boss=2407&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&covenant=1
Top 3 Parses:

1. 7981
  2. 7510
  3. 7414

Venthyr:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26/#boss=2407&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&covenant=2
Top 3 Parses:

1. 8038
  2. 7422
  3. 6556

Necrolord:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26/#boss=2407&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&covenant=4
Top 3 Parses:

1. 6816
  2. 6320
  3. 6315

Out of 2457 Kills of Mythic Sire, there are 153 Kyrian, 13 Venthyr, 8 Necrolord and 2283 Night Fae logs.

Hmm…

4 Likes

The joke that is a “meaningful choice”. I’d be so ashamed to be a supporter/ creator of the restrictions at this point.

To have such raw and empirical evidence like this to highlight such a failure…oof.

7 Likes

No you don’t understand Warlocks gravitate towards fairies it’s the natural order of things right okay.

1 Like

Yea I don’t know why they haven’t fixed it yet. There’s a very small part of the community that actually likes being pigeon holed into a covenant and they are just in denial about it

The best part is as well, those in the small part don’t get impacted at all if covenants were to open up. By the meaningful choice not being meaningful at all allowing covenants to open up punishes nobody but benefits so many.

3 Likes

Uncontrollable KEK

It is kind of sad that to play a certain covenant you have to hard lock into a certain class (or in the bizarre case of Priest, if you want to PvP, you have to hard lock into Venthyr and literally no other covenant exists–people probably don’t remember that the Rogue ability for Venthyr was PvP focused too, stealing healing from the target, before Blizzard realized that massive failure in progress and fixed before launch).

1 Like

The banger is for Disc priest their best covenant for raiding and PvP is Venthyr. Like unreasonable amounts of their HPS comes from mind games in raid.

However shadow? Best PvE - Night Fae LOL

2 Likes

Just like account bound essences, I’m sure this will be fixed.

To be honest I think sometimes when they get ready for the beta sign ups , no one signs up for it . Don’t want to listen to us then test it yourself.