#PullTheRipcord

Wasting developer time to fix something that isn’t broken.

For all the bluster and chest thumping, you guys really can’t handle being the minority of the player base very well…

You sound like a lot of the people in my guild, actually. The only time I will bench someone is if it’s progression, and their lack of DPS is making it actively harder for the group to kill the boss. Otherwise? Idgaf if people can’t show up consistently, we’re adults, we have lives, we’re not pushing for CE cause we don’t have the time. But that doesn’t mean we don’t care about systems that are actively making the game un-fun. Every single week I hear from at least a few of my raiders bemoaning that they wish they were x covenant, but can’t commit the time to swap.

I see zero reason for covenants not to be like talents. I would prefer that my guildmates being having fun with the game, and right now they’re overwhelmingly not.

5 Likes

Dude, looking at these comments by people who are more casual than me hurts my brain. Like, I know I’m casual, but jfc.

A lot of derailing going on. This thread is to stay focused on pulling the ripcord

1 Like

Don’t be a Debby(d)frowner, please.

(lol)

All of this is related, because hey, different people with different backgrounds want to either pull or don’t pull for different reasons, and thus discussing said groups of people is relevant to the conversation.

Then maybe a MOBA is more their speed if they can’t handle something that’s months long.

There is something broken, when 99.58% of Boomkins are the same covenant that has killed the most difficult encounter in the game out of a number of 3125. There is a problem. There is a very glaring problem with that.

Damn unleveled alt #3223 of the thread back at it again with another zinger.

3 Likes

Yeah, especially after Ion gave us his word that he’d properly balance this fiasco. WHERE’S THE BALANCE, MAN?! WHAT’S A MEANINGFUL CHOICE?!

1 Like

The game isn’t balanced with Mythic in mind.

Mythic is that “You think you’re good!? Try THIS on for size!”

It’s meant to be hard. If you didn’t have to choose THE ABSOLUTE BEST AT EVERYTHING to beat it then it’s not doing its intended purpose.

And? The game is not balanced around Mythic.

Nathria’s been out for five or six months, plus the PTR? Twenty plus weeks and there’s just not enough time in the day to swap Covenants.

Which is a balance issue that can be resolved by buffing or nerfing abilities without retroactively making the players decisions wrong.

Like the 9.1 Balance changes are literally just “tell me how you’re nerfing Convoke without actually nerfing Convoke”, because Blizzard are too scared to touch it without making a whole lot of players angry, so their response is to nerf literally everything else in Balances kit.

I mean, the lore doesn’t even make sense now.

All the Covenants are ancient allies and need to unite to defend the Shadowlands against the threat of the Jailer?

BUT ALSO YOU CAN ONLY HELP ONE. IF YOU PICK THAT, THE OTHERS WILL BE VERY UPSET AND WONT LET YOU IN THEIR SECRET TREEHOUSE.

You still gotta help them through WQ’s and the Covenant campaign tho.

If the average player cares about performance over story or aesthetics, that’s a failure of Covenant design.

You can’t design a game where for 16 years the entire model of progression is “numbers go up” and then expect people to say “I don’t care about my DPS anymore”.

If Blizzard actually expected that to happen, they’re beyond out of touch.

2 Likes

If it contradicts my narrative it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

God that means so little these days eh.

I thought we went through this? The statistics page shows overall, not just mythic.

371813 out of 419603 are Night Fae

You mean
If it contradicts my narrative i quote a part of your text then answer that part which i can bend and ignore the rest of the reply

Classic really.

1 Like

Funny you should say that because most of them do play LoL, and have been playing LoL and CoD more than WoW by a huge margin. Hell, I’ve been playing more CoD than WoW recently and I’m not even that into shooters.

3 Likes

You’re the one going “OMG OMG OMG I CAN’T CLEAR THIS BOSS IF I DO 5% LESS DPS OMG OMG”.

This has nothing to do with what players choose for Normal and Heroic where the Margin of Error is far, far larger than in Mythic.

Not sure about Heroic, but I know for darn sure in Normal Raids, you could take the worst covenant and still pass the checks. And if you don’t?

It isn’t the covenant that’s holding you back.

People look up “the best” meta so that they can be more comfortable, not because it’s required.

If players are choosing the most powerful options for content where they do not technically need it, then that’s a failure of Covenants on Blizzards part.

The playerbase always has, and always will overwhelmingly reject cosmetics and story in favour of power if there is enough power on the line.

Like that’s the entire reason of why before Transmog was a thing, clown suits were such a meme, because people would have these horribly mismatched outfits because looking cool was significantly less important than being more powerful.

I’ve personally gotten REALLY into Legends of Runeterra over the past few months.

All the fun of LoL with none of the Chinese slurs about your mother.

6 Likes

And where are the differences spread out at? I’ll bet a dollar it’s not at the Mythic end.

And you still can’t find time enough to swap covenants.

I don’t Raid for three weeks straight and then PvP for three weeks straight.

2 Likes

I don’t think Tim is saying that. I think he’s more saying that this system is garbage, has been garbage, is way more complex than it needs to be for any player whether casual or mythic, and they should just gut before it gets even more out of hand than it already is.

Who knows how long it takes to balance 4 covenants for 12 classes, for who knows how many specs. Then you have to add conduits, then you have to add individual player skill. Heck, this next patch is taking so long to come out probably because one, they’re working on BC classic, and two, they’re trying to balance everything out which everything still isn’t balanced yet, and probably never will be.

Might aswell just gut the system, and let players have freedom of choice, and make the abilities into a talent row.

3 Likes

The issue is leaders don’t want a lesser version in their groups.

When I lead a pug I don’t invite people who have chosen the lesser dps covenant. No reason for me to invite something weaker when I can invite the better version.

2 Likes