#PullTheRipcord

Ion already said there never was a ripcord, the covenants and abilities are intrinsically tied to every system in SL. They didnt have a ripcord prepared there never was a ripcord and to now make a ripcord would take significant time investment as things like the available torghast powers and balancing literally everyone going night fae for the best soulbinds + choosing whatever active ability was best becomes the default option.

Basically all the feedback the community/streamers gave blizzard was 100% accurate, they lacked the ability to balance, people would be punished/excluded based on taking the wrong covenant and they knew this, they just didnt care.

Maximise money in trumps fun gameplay or maybe Ion is unable to lead/direct the game and just needs to go.

5 Likes

I’d rather they’d buff the under performing covenants. Diversity would be awesome. Imagine this game with actual covenant options and not 1 covenant being literally 100x better for your class spec. Imagine.

1 Like

It was the buffing and nerfing in beta that put us in this situation .

Blizz can not balance ,they never have been able to and never will be able too and it is long past time they admit that to themselves and just separate the player power from the covenants.

2 Likes

Basically:

They knew they couldnt balance them so they ground them into the dirt until you were picking “the least awful”.

Covenant abilities in beta, whoa mumma what a rush.

They are probably just going to sidestep the entire issue but letting us join a second covenant in 9.1 lol

I’m sorry for calling you a necrolord scum dirt filth Champion, even though you kept saving my lands and I know you probably could have used my help in dealing with a person who quite literally wanted to destroy the shadowlands but if you wanna now you can have our power…maybe?

3 Likes

LOL

then again, that doesn’t make much less sense than “Okay Champion thank you for helping us resolve all our difference and bring unity to the Shadowlands against a monstrous threat. Now pick only one of us and if you dare think about swapping we will hold it against you.”

4 Likes

They also act like clingy ex-partners who call you every few days to ask if you can help them change a flat tire, build an ikea desk or vacuum their house.

If they don’t want my help let me just keep my home zone safe, I don’t care about the others. I don’t even care that Bastion was getting attacked but apparently that was mandatory.

3 Likes

Let’s go with that! I played a druid for awhile, but even if shaman weren’t throughput GODS they’d still be somewhat in the dungeon meta, simply because they aren’t stuck going night fae with the majority of DPS classes.

I’m still going to go with what I said before SL went live.

1: All they had to do is separate the class abilities and made it so we earned them while leveling to use as lvl 60 talents

2: They could of tied the abilities to the Soul Binds of our chosen Aesthetic Covenant via Conduits.

3: The signature abilities should of been like Garrison abilities and only work in their respective covenant zones.

1 Like

If I were implementing the covenant system I would made it like the Argent Tourny where you choose a race to champion and over time you cycle through them all.

Similarly the player should champion all the covenants, we are the maw walker… being locked into a covenant while we play through its campaign, then being able to cycle to the next one (keeping all the perks of the first) is how the system should have been designed… similar to the firelands daily unlocks and pretty much every system wow has done (except scyer/aldor and oracle/wolvar but they didn’t reward player power only cosmetics).

Ion crossed a line by tying player power to the system… it baffles me he couldn’t see why that was a bad idea.

3 Likes

not even pulling the ripcord will save SL

bfa had plenty of issues, but it was fun even if aggravating at times

SL is aggravation incarnate

(seriously regret getting a 6 month sub)

6 Likes

Pull the ripcord.

4 Likes

They dont listen to us, why the hell do we have a PTR? or any testing only to have an expansion come out this crappy? This proves they dont listen to us.Money talks, only way they listen is to hold onto our cash, make them come to us not the other way around

2 Likes

To be honest they don’t listen to us and we have players that don’t test go we don’t care we want it as they originally made it . No nerfs no nothing. I personally think we should stop testing or if we do test and find bugs or issues just tell Blizz every thing is ok and tell those players that say they don’t care about the issues that everything great and that they are going to enjoy it.

We let Blizz release it broken and when the players go why didn’t you tell us , we go you said you didn’t care when we told you in the past so we decided to let Blizz give you what you asked for . If Blizz asks why we didn’t you say anything we go you didn’t listen in the past , so what’s supposed to make us think you would now.

2 Likes

Make it happen with your wallets. They’ll pull it so fast.

3 Likes

Wait… that’s a thing? O.o

Id friggin love to get rid of Fleshcraft on my warlock. I’m sold on your idea

Blizz just pull the ripcord already and let us use the class abilities as talent.

You may as well let us use them since we probably spend more time in the other covenant zones then we do our own .

3 Likes

I think they should just turn the signature abilities like Fleshcraft in to zone only abilities.

4 Likes