#PullTheRipcord

where is a fat lady when you need one

That is actually, ever so slightly less insane than I expected. But, that is more than enough of a problem. I hope they fix this broken system.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody most mythic raiders pick the meta covenant.

Remember when they said they couldnt be talents because they are too powerful? Then they nerfed them all and now you could argue they are weaker than talents.

1 Like

Reminder: we make tons of meaningful choices already, in our spec, stat priorities, legendary, etc.

Locking us into our level 60 talents (because let’s be honest, that’s what they are) is both unnecessary and robs us of another very meaningful choice: the choice of which covenant we like the most.

As it stands, we cannot choose the covenant we like the most without having to worry about every PUG or semi-serious raid group looking down their nose at us for making the wrong choice.

And if you wanted to play different roles in those aforementioned groups, prepare to throw that idea out the window and decide which one you like best because odds are the same covenant isn’t going to be the best choice (and often a downright awful choice) for both.

7 Likes

The same can be said about pvp. You’re leaving out pvp

1 Like

Imagine trying to do pvp as a Priest without mind games
Imagine inviting a hunter that doesn’t have wild spirits
Imagine attempting to do mythic content without convoke

2 Likes

My second shaman is still going strong, It’s atrocious it had to come to this.

1 Like

Everything we warned them about and they said wouldn’t matter ,well they’re complaining about now.

3 Likes

They also undermined their goal of character identity.

2 Likes

I’d prefer you to pull the ripcord on #PullTheRipcord tbh

Bumping the thread seems like a bad way to try and make the thread vanish.

1 Like

They did this to add “rpg elements” to the game. But the thing is there are sooo many cooler rpg elements that could be added, that don’t restrict player choice and power. So I’m very confused on why they’re sticking to their guns so hard on this.
They could add something that lets you interact with things in game and receive a description of it, like the fact that theres a specific family crest on something, or some kind of small backstory that could tie in with other things in the world. I’m speaking of stuff like Examine in Runescape, interacting in Resident Evil, or even the Perception system in Pantheon Rise of the Fallen.

They could have added something like the necessity to have a light source when in a deep cavern, allowing alchemists to create special oil or tar for torches. Locked doors/Traps in dungeons that engineers and rogues could interact with/bypass. A way to craft armor thats a bit more immersive than clicking craft and waiting for a bar. I heard ff14 did something similar? Those are just a couple ideas off the top of my head, feel free to add more!

But no they decided to tie us down to something that couldn’t be more parallel with player power, and instead of allowing for choice like any sane or fun rpg, they restrict it IMMENSELY. #pulltheripcord

3 Likes

Daily reminder that Timbo was and still is right.

#pulltheripcord

6 Likes

Feel like trash just want to be able to mess around with different covenant abilities that aren’t even as impactful as last row talents anymore.

1 Like

If they would of pulled it I don’t think I would of been in the forums yet.

I can’t exactly remember when I got in to gd during BfA but I honestly don’t think it was this early.

Spending 10 minutes waiting for a Priest or Warrior to apply for a HoA or SD because basically no other class goes Venthyr and Venthyr buffs are stupid OP.

That’s some cursed monkey paw level consequences after thinking NF would be busted due to MoTS GY and skip.

Feelsbadman.

4 Likes

Good news. I’m an idiot and chose the wrong covenant for my spec. I’m valuable in HoA and SD at the expense of just being worse everywhere except PvP!!

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes

Hey that’s not quite true.

You can also play Enhancement. That’s meaningful, right?

1 Like

Our shadow priest wants to do arena for points but nobody wants to do arena with him because he’s night fae and not venthyr.

very cool!

3 Likes

Hey I might get to actually do a normal raid tonight on my mm hunter . That depends on if they do their normal alt/not on main team run .

And when I say my mm I mean the one I ran as Night Fae and not this one.

Meta or not the Orc was not going there. Would he have used the ability had the ripcord been pulled?

You betcha faster then a new Bernie meme being posted on Facebook.