#PullTheRipcord

Putting player power behind a cosmetic choice will continue to be a mistake.

#PullTheRipcord

2 Likes

You know what makes this thread so great.

Back before SL launched we warned people what would happen and a lot of them said we don’t care and now a lot of them are now going #pulltheripcord

2 Likes

That’s what she said.

Just another day another thread about decoupling powers from Covenant choice.

Why are we still here?

Because we need this to Be the Rosetta Stone of making covenants better

I think we are all at the point now where we could find it interesting to try out another ability with out completely gimping ourselves into hours and hours of work because we thought it might be fun to experience a new ability we know isn’t the best but wanted to try it anyways

Anyone else wondering how our favorite Sonichu’s AotC with every covenant journey is going?

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Ive already unsubbed, back to FFXIV, weight off my shoulders tbh

1 Like

Yo, guys. Just wanted to report back on this thread with some feedback about my wonderful pug life during M+ in Shadowlands.

So, we’ll start off with bring the covenant and class, not the player. You know how much fun it is to to wait hours on end to find someone with a certain I.O., covenant, and try to make a good group make up? Not fun at all. Let’s cut to the chase for people who want to push keys.

You NEED to have in higher keys because mess ups do happen quite often especially in pugs with discord a Battle rezz, a Blood Lust, and enough interrupts. Also, make sure on certain weeks not to bring ANY melee into the group. Oh, you’re whole group is night fae, kyrian, and maldraxxus, but you don’t have a venthyr for the sanguine depths 14 you’re trying to do? Better start over and remake the group for cheese strats and whatnot.

Have a Mage that isn’t playing the right spec and better yet, not the proper covenant for the dungeon, better boot them too.

This whole covenant garbage is bad, this whole bring the class, not the player is bad. I miss Ghostcrawler.

5 Likes

Bring back GC

2 Likes

To be fair, while Ghostcrawler presided over “bring the player, not the class” he despised it and the homogenization it called for.

Which also illustrates that just because you rubber stamp and outwardly support your employer’s stance, doesn’t mean that internally you are a fan.

And of course, as always: unhook player power from cosmetics/theme!

No one cares about #pulltheripchord anymore. Just drop it already.

You should spend less time on the forums and more time doing the wonderful content World of Warcraft has to offer you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What up, its ya boi no one, still here caring about #PullTheRipcord, as I’m sure you would/will if you did any content that mattered or the bis covenant you pulled off icy veins gets nerfed.

1 Like

The funny thing is I am seeing more people in other threads now asking for the ripcord to be pulled so it must be mattering to some people besides us here.

1 Like

Overall, I’m very happy with the covenant system. That being said, I still agree with OP on this. I like the covenant system (at least in principal) because the powers I want and cosmetics I want happen to both be tied to the same covenant.

I have friends that have complained about their covenant choices because they dislike the transmog options. And you know what, I think that’s a super valid opinion. The most important decisions I make in this game are cosmetic. There is no right or wrong answer–it’s all up to me. I love it. Transmog is the best feature ever added to World of Warcraft.

Soulbinds and conduits are a little strange to me. I do not really see the value in partially hobbling me for rolling an off-spec. One of the healers in my raid group last week had to swap conduits back and forth a few times to min/max for his part time healing and part time DPS roles in our group. That’s not fun or engaging. It’s annoying, time consuming, and uncool. He shouldn’t have to do that–make every tree available for every spec. And the conduit power mechanic limits how many times he can do that, which means he has to play less than perfectly for one of his specs, which stinks too.

Fun fact: most players don’t like doing stuff that is objectively, mathematically wrong. I don’t think the game should stop us from making the right decisions on thigs. And since off-specs are such an integral part of the game at this point, I don’t like there being any negatives to making them as close to perfect as possible.

But by far the worst thing about the covenant system is that eventually this expansion will end, and we will all adventure in new lands on Azeroth (or elsewhere), and I’m betting my favorite button to press ever is going to be left behind. I already know I’m going to be devastated when that happens.

5 Likes

Keeping the thread alive

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

somebody get the fat lady out here cause its past time to sing

I’m highly considering doing the same.

1 Like

SL is like cooking a choice rib-eye over a dumpster fire

the meat may be great but it tastes like SH*+

4 Likes

Gotta love the stats for covenants that went up today on reddit.

https://imgur.com/a/jGxOxDR

Anyone else love meaningful choice? lmao

4 Likes