#PullTheRipcord

Covenants are still bad. Venthyr Arms warriors doing 15% more damage than necrolord and night fae and around 9% more damage than Kyrian.

Yeah good job Blizz it’s working exactly the way that the community said it would.

lol

2 Likes

Guess blizzard solved my probelm by nerfing the class I wanted to play with split covenants. I will just reroll to a class where I can play multiple specs with 1 covenant.

Kinda bad design if the solution is finding a class where the system has the least impact on it.

5 Likes

I gotta keep this post alive till at least mythic raid is released.

1 Like

Ion said no

Ion say’s a lot of things.

2 Likes

I ended up choosing what I wanted, and I sense a bad future a head of me and I’m too far in.

2 Likes

Pull the ripcord.

3 Likes

I’m working on my 3rd hunter right now so I am going to have 2 what I wanted covenants and 2 meta covenants.

I would of rather of had it so I could do most on this toon and have the others for just story and possible future transmog items . But with Blizz creating the metas they said they didn’t want via the beta nerfs (Yay Mjolnerf :hammer:) I have to do it this way.

The ripcord would of given us the freedom to pick the power we wanted and have the covenant look we wanted .

3 Likes

you know I’m fine with covs not perfect but with the amount of other issues with the expansion that make me fear the next step is WoW Gachagame…

the jailer’s eye is nothing more than facebook game “energy” mechanic that’s very popular in chinese/korean f2p mmos, which funny enough Vindictus did away with that mechanic around the time Evie was released.

Time and resource gating with RNG legendaries (I swear they said no more RNG legggos) not to compare but it’s hard not to in Ff14 I got my resistance weapon and skysteel tool just playing the new content, some people did it in a day some people took a week some people still working on it. It’s almost like they don’t have to worry about engagement time and just let people play the game at their own pace.

time gating expansion staples over a month to get a portal to oribos and a hearth is really a dick move and pretty much shows where this game is going especially with the worse than classic drawn out flight paths.

The covs are just 3 or 4 mobile time gates from early 2000 mobile games.

Then there’s torghast, why is it harder it gets the less ash you get? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

They can pull the cord all they want but thats like pissing in the ocean…

4 Likes

The eye of the Jailer really should just make the Maw harder and spawn more enemies and crap on you. Let people farm to their hearts content. They could just turn all the named mobs(elite and non elite) into weeklies.

2 Likes

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Had to swap covenants today

Tragic stuff

:frowning:

3 Likes

Bunch of LFR heroes just looking for excuses as to why their parses are grey.

My raid is currently 84th in the world for heroic.

How you going?

2 Likes

Grats! Covenant choice just doesn’t matter for anyone not pushing mythic firsts. The differences aren’t so monumental that your damage is going to be in the gutter if you choose one you like over what is optimal. People that say it does matter are just want something to blame. “Yah my dps was bad but I wanted to pick x covenant instead of y covenant!” It’s blizzards fault! Not the fact they don’t play their class well.

People pushing cutting edge content will take what is best because of course they will.

People outside of that content can take whatever they want and if they say that they can’t they are just looking for excuses.

When this thread was made, they were. That was the kinda the whole point. Because Blizzard refused to pull the ripcord they needed to gut everything. That’s why we have these hollow husks of covenants of what they used to be.

Also the backflip to calling us LFR raiders to

Nobody here is looking for excuses, but the best is the best.

4 Likes

You are still in the LFR category. Heroic is not cutting edge content. Perfect covenant choice is not required no matter how people want to spin that it is.

So pick what you like, your damage may be better with a different covenant but it won’t be so much worse that you are an active detriment to clearing the content you are doing.

We quite literally had the fastest kill in the world for Mythic Nzoth last tier.

1 Like

Heroic is cutting edge content, Mythic hasn’t been released yet…

1 Like

Man your ego is fragile. Last tier isn’t this tier is it.

You are currently clearing heroic and doing well apparently so kudos to you but heroic content doesn’t require perfect covenant choice.

Even when this thread was made the difference between covenants didn’t matter to anyone outside of mythic first raiders and maybe super high key pushers.

It might have felt like it did, but it didn’t. I understand the mentality of having to pick the best for your character but you have to understand that its a you problem most of the time.