#PullTheRipcord

Whole expansion needs it , everything about it is one big false promise

3 Likes

Truth hurts

1 Like

Your ramblings are about as far from the truth as you can get.

1 Like

Much troll.

Please Blizzard,

Just make all classes race locked, gender locked, role locked, covenant locked, talent tree locked, gear locked, profession locked, so that EVERY single choice is MEANINGFUL.

See, I can do it too.

6 Likes

It seems Pomorghon has forgotten we pay a monthly sub and repurchase the game every two years.

3 Likes

How in god’s name do you hear:

"Please don’t put our level 60 talents on a 2 week CD because it makes it harder to play multiple specs or activities."

And interpret it the way you did…? That’s some crazy mental gymnastics right there…

8 Likes

I thought the ripcord was just untethering the covenant abilities from the covenants themselves. Some people who mention the ripcord just want the powers not to be confounded with transmog / covenent RP but understand the desire for restriction, others seem to think it means freeswaps.

I’d make a character which specialized in that content and do it that way. I wouldn’t create a Stephen Hawking character to do the job of Usain Bolt.

You can do that without freespecs. This is my issue. I agree with untethering covenant abilities from a covenant choice. I’m very happy with ONE system in the game asking players to actually commit to something aside from their class for a change.

Can you? I’m a progression raider and power is significant to me not being a hindrance to my raid team. Why do you get to play the way you like but I can’t play the way I want to play?

If only there was a workaround.

6 Likes

Oh there is I’ll just play multiple shamans like I said i would 8 months ago.

Yeah make multiple characters. There is a workaround, you just don’t want to do it.

Raiderio lists covenants now. These same people will be shrieking about the toxicity of the system in a month, and that will lead to change.

I’d rather they just fix it now, but it’ll be what it’ll be.

3 Likes

what if “the rip cord” is they shut the game down

1 Like

No, that’s called launch day

1 Like

Why should people be forced to make toons to do what they have done on a single toon for years.

This whole thing is we hear you want alts so you get to make multiple version of the same spec so you can do different content or you can make multiple versions of the same class so you can do different specs.

When people asked for alt friendly that is not what they meant . They wanted alt friendly so they could try other classes.

6 Likes

No one is forced to do anything. Full stop.

If people want to be 5% better at whatever content they want to min/max in, they do the thing to min/max their being better at the content. Which IS how it’s always been.

I did it with my characters in Wrath, they gutted the talent system. It’s been basically all cookie cutter and no choice ever since, now they’re bringing it back. Pick what you’re going to specialize in, plan around how you’re going to do it.

I know, it’s shocking that an RPG will require some outside game planning instead of being 100% twitch reflexes for a change, but you’ll get used to it (again).

No one says you have to make the same class to specialize in each content. Make a character that specializes in M+. Make another that specializes in raids. This might shock you, but you could pick a different class for the different content you want to specialize in.

1 Like

Pull it blizzard.

1 Like

“Some people pick covenants for other reasons”

You mean for sick threads?

Yes. Yes I do.

Sometimes being a pleb casual has its perks.

I’ll make a disc priest for raid, and do all my out of raid supplemental gearing on my m+ resto druid. This will absolutely make my priest perform better in raid, I guess.

And then, afterward, I can push my RIO and get super high keys utilizing all the gear my resto druid didn’t get in raid because I was on my disc priest.

2 Likes

This logic kind of falls apart when there are certain classes where one covenant outperforms all others in all content.

Yes, it’s an RPG but it’s also an MMO, you can’t be the strongest person in the game when there are millions of others with the same idea.

This would be fine if they had followed the PvP gearing system from WoD. That way, I could gear up one character for PvP, and another for PvE.

Since BiS PvP gear can be obtained from PvE, and BiS PvE gear can be obtained in PvP, having multiple characters doesn’t really fix the problem.

Add to that that it’s very likely that obtaining PvE gear for PvP is going to be easier than obtaining PvP gear of the same quality from PvP.

That leaves you in the same position you started in.

You will need to Raid on your PvP toon, and you will need to PvP on your raiding toon.

Doubles your work, but doesn’t really help you in the long run.

5 Likes