#PullTheRipcord

Are you purposely ignoring the different storylines, features (Ember Court/Build-a-Abomination), and rewards?

Right, and the mandatory storylines you’ll need to do for each covenant because otherwise we’d be missing a huge gap in the story.

Cringe - actually cringing IRL you think this is worth even mentioning.

You should mention how you get UNIQUE mission table quests TOO!

Shoulda just been this. Covenants could have been amazing if they were all visual rewards… which is what so many of us wanted.

Ransoming power behind covenants was their downfall.

6 Likes

Each Covenants have a specific questline the others cannot do.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what so cringy about them, or why “cringe” is even a valid response.

You tried them out?

Because I’m having a hard time finding how anyone could find any of the mini-game “”"“features”""" enjoyable. I’ve tested all 4 of them.

What exactly about any of them made you excited.

If this is what it was, covenants would be fine. Having player power locked behind them is 100% what has ruined them.

Branching storylines, cosmetic rewards…this is what covenants SHOULD have been.

6 Likes

Yes, I have. Could you explain what’s so cringy?

i agree with the OP. rip it out.

PREACH FROOM.

Going to pass this back to you.

They are about as engaging as the mission table quests to me.

I can’t speak to whether they’re cringy or not, but despite how badly Blizzard has smashed the covenant powers, I’m still going to go for the best one I can possibly get, and if that doesn’t line up with the covenant I would’ve liked to choose, I’m going to resent the heck out of the mini-events because they’re not the mini-events I would’ve chosen in a perfect world.

So you can only say it’s “cringe” and can’t explain why. This is going in circles.

I told you exactly why, now stop deflecting my question.

They aren’t engaging and remind me of mobile games with energy systems.

Now maybe tell me why you think they are enjoyable, I’m starting to question if you’ve actually tested these out at all. You’re not lying are you? People wouldn’t do that on the internet surely.

Can’t see you post in the Shadowlands beta forums hmm… interesting.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-dont-do-this-to-us/710541/69

So your reason for the 4 Covenant specific features being “cringy” are they remind you of mobile games? Am I getting this correct?

Correct, they don’t provide any enjoyment for me whatsoever because they are as shallow as mindless as the mission table.

How are they at all mindless like the mission table? The table is literally automated.

Okay, you’ve posted a handful of replies and haven’t provided any actual feedback of why you like the features so at this point I’ve kinda stopped caring.

1 Like

Because I’m trying to understand your mindset and so far you’ve yet to make much sense.

Okay well thanks for keeping the thread bumped but if you’re unable to accept my answer that I find the features/minigames unenjoyable due to a lack of really any depth at all then I’m not sure what you’re expecting.

You’re actually one of the first people who seems to be excited for them which is why I was hoping for an answer about what precisely made them enjoyable to you. Instead you’re just asking me the same question somehow unable to comprehend my answer.

1 Like

Reading this thread is hilarious

all those arguments people had of “HAHA YOU’RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOUR CHOICE AND NOT BE GOOD EVERYWHERE!!! RPGGGG”

with all of us saying the system was just going to be gutted so the choice didn’t matter and it was only a matter of time

and now the choices and systems are gutted and don’t matter and all those loudmouths do their disappearing act because they were never going to stick around and play it out anyway

8 Likes

Not to be cocky or anything, but this was August 20. Offering my fortunetelling services, but only in regards to poor decisions Blizzard will be making.

3 Likes

The most important features from covenants now are the dungeon bonuses.

2 Likes