#PullTheRipcord

Looks like I’m going to have a play a Covenant I don’t really want to since they can’t balance them to make them all close to equal.

I hereby join the Ripcord movement.

3 Likes

Ah yes

Turns out we were all right all along

3 Likes

Having seen that my favorite Covenant Aesthetically appears to be the worst one for my Class/Spec. I’m definitely asking for them to #PullTheRipcord. I do not want a repeat of the Azerite Armor Fiasco.

2 Likes

How many players have to beg the devs to not punish us with their unwelcome experiments before they just listen to us for once?

2 Likes

How many players complain about the game without having experienced the things they complain about?

How many people testing them on the Alpha/Beta/PTR does it take to convince Devs it’s a bad idea?

We’ll never know, because we’ve apparently never hit that threshold.

6 Likes

I’ve listened to Preach, and his idea of fun and my idea of fun are not the same thing. I’m sure the devs watch his vids as well, and maybe they agree with him to some extent, but uprooting the entire mode of SL because of unfounded worries, or worries that have already been course corrected, wouldn’t be the smartest thing ever.

See that’s the confusing part about it, is they invite the Alpha / Beta testers themselves and still don’t listen to them and then require the game to be fully released in order for them to realize.

Oh this was a mistake. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Well, you see, when you invest a bunch of Man Hours into a new Gimmick for your expansion, you have a lot of incentive, (mostly Monetary) to see that new gimmick through, even if it’s poorly received.

The devs have shareholders to answer to, so they have to ATTEMPT to prove that their new concept wasn’t a massive waste of time and money.

So despite mountains of player feedback, they’re going to subject us to it one way or the other, because to do otherwise is admitting they made a mistake, which always looks bad for them on paper.

(Although it’s not like good performance keeps them from laying a large percentage of their staff off anyway.)

2 Likes

“Course corrected”? Is that how we’re spinning the fact that they nerfed covenant abilities, conduits, and soulbinds so badly that it just doesn’t matter which is best because they’re all that bad? Some roads functioned better than others, so we’ve just destroyed them all so everyone needs to drive through mud at all times to make them all even. Makes sense, I guess.

#PullTheRipcord9.1

7 Likes

Bump

/ten characters

At this point I do have to wonder. If the idea was to add a large number of systems because bfa’s issue was that it was too barebones at launch, why are all the systems so nerfed as to be close to negligible? This is meant to be this expansions azerite gear, essences, and corruption and yet I think any of the bfa systems would make an impact equivalent to two or three shadowlands systems (covenant abilities, slegendaries, soulbinds+conduits) in terms of performance because of how hard blizzard swung their nerf hammer.

Just a little concerned that the covenant I picked for non meta reasons has become a meta covenant, now i feel a target on my back.

1 Like

It wasn’t that BfA was barebones at launch, the extra systems were added to fix various balance and other issues caused by the devs not listening during BfA Beta. They’re trying to avoid the same pattern of adding systems on top of systems with each patch, so this time around they are giving us just as many systems but now all at once on launch day. Imo this doesn’t fix anything (the real problem is too many systems, period), in fact it’s probably going to make it much harder for the average player to understand due to getting so many different things all at once rather than gradually building on it as the expansion goes on.

My raid leader has been referring to the expansion as ‘Systemlands’ due to how overly complicated the game is gonna be at launch, and I can’t help but agree with him.

3 Likes

But it really was, you went from antorus systems with two legion legendaries, netherlight crucible, and artifact weapons to having one major slot azerite gear, many classes lost functionality as they lost important combo pieces that made their specs flow. That was a large part of why bfa had a rough reception at the start, and I understand that was one of the rationales for systemlands.

Imo most of that should just be baked into the class with a few extra talent rows, would be so much less complicated and easier to understand.

That’s exactly it. They stripped classes of a ton of functionality going into Legion, made classes complete again with the Legion systems, and after they were gone, we were back to incomplete feeling classes. BfA failed to fill this void, but we shouldn’t be relying on temporary systems to make our classes feel whole.

1 Like

You mean… balancing? Oh my gosh, NOOOooooooo!

#tempertantrum2.0

I don’t disagree I’m just saying that is how the timeline looks from my perspective. There were some pretty egregious examples like shadow priests not having a reason to stay in voidform beyond void bolt because they lost most of the void form passives in their artifact weapon, affliction going from a top tier m+ to being one of the worst because alot of aoe and power was tied to legion stuff. The artifact abilities going away for most classes was also a big one, even worse some of them becoming dead talents.

It would be nice if each class was basically a functioning unit rather then a core piece with detachable parts called borrowed power.

…really? Making abilities so useless that they can’t help but be balanced because they accomplish nothing is a win in your books?