#PullTheRipcord

#justpulltheripcord

Blizz you are going to do more damage to your systems by using the wrecking ball methods you are doing now then you would of if you had just pulled it.

1 Like

They can’t even balance 12 classes and what is it… 36 specs?

But they think they can balance 144 (?) choices with covenants.

So then they just nerf everything into the dirt and make it unusable outside of the SL. Why bother then? They create a huge amount of work but simultaneously do nothing at all.

Gotta commend them. I did not think it was possible.

4 Likes

The joke on twitter these days is that it’ll only be a 1-2% difference if Covenants only give you 1-2% of your damage.

3 Likes

They are actually doing more damage to their system the way they are going then if they would of pulled the ripcord.

2 Likes

Always innovating I guess

1 Like

Could have had 4 strong abilities in individual content with fun cross-over with experimentation.

Instead we get four spoiled offerings all providing very little.

1 Like

Our way would of kept things interesting . With the way they are gutting things we might have to start calling the expansion Slumberlands

Come on Blizz. I really don’t want to be locked in either a PVE or PVP advantage for 7 days before being able to switch. Ridiculous.

Shadowlands is the testing stage for just how hard the raid encounter team, the art team and the music team can carry and expansion pack.

Thank god they aren’t incompetent as other parts of Blizzard.

2 Likes

Seems like Blizzard can’t win at all. They trying to balance things tune numbers. It is now make things weaker, Blizzard see you can’t balance it. Or boring…but if they make it too strong it is like system bad.

And you wonder why Blizzard does not agree. lol.

I know they are better then the story team there . The Lore retired with Metzen .

#ripcord9.0.5or9.1

I still cannot believe they wrote the battle for Undercity with no Alliance countermeasure to the blight* being used.

It’s like something i’ll never be able to get over how dumb the writing was.

1 Like

Nobody could if they tried to balance too many different things. It’s called biting off more than you can chew.

1 Like

Trying to balance Covenants was never going to work to begin with. Should have just kept them powerful, balanced classes around them and made it easy to swap between them.

Or just scrap the idea of power in Covenants as a whole, move the abilities to talents and make Covenants a purely story choice.

Trying to go the road between is just going to be frustrating for those who wanted it unlocked, and boring for those who want Covenants to actually be impactful.

I mean maybe, but that depends on what you want.

I respect them for trying new systems and going back to rpg roots. At least shadowlands won’t feel like legion light.

That first one really makes no sense. Yet another system to mess around with doing content? That’s exactly what players were complaining about at the start of the expansion with Azerite. Players wanted to have access to the endgame abilities so they can experiment and possibly create their own playstyle and builds.

That second one is a personal preference that I can’t relate to. Because to me what sets a player apart from one another is what they do with the tools they have and not about what I have that the other doesn’t. For example on our realm during MoP all of the Hunters had access to Explosive trap. Only one of them made it a staple of their identity to sit on roof tops and actually kill multiple players with the tools that every Hunter had. Same with another player who played Shaman and would utilize the banners and rooftops of Shrine to gank players. Another couple of rogues that would always have me coming back to my computer after being AFK to my dead body inside Alliance Shrine. The list goes on.

You can have your stance and how you prefer the game to be but when it’s screwing over other types of players and the response is “Just deal with it” I’m not going to have sympathy or have an actual conversation about reaching a middle ground because your mentality is one of a player who wants to have an RPG element in a game while ignoring that Blizzard sets up these time periods where if you don’t meet a certain breakpoint, the reward goes away. But it doesn’t affect you because as it seems to be as of this moment, you haven’t done content to that level at all.

What happens during Mythic progression when your tank/healer has an emergency and has to step away for the night and your down a tank/healer? Have someone switch specs? What if their Covenant doesn’t line up with healing at all?

What happens to player who raids Mythic but on the side wants to push Rated Arena? What happens if the Covenants for each content are different choices and whichever one you choose you’re essentially going to be a liability for your teammates?

What happens to a player who wants to play multiple specs but has Covenants that are completely opposite of each other in terms of usability?

I could go on and on and on about the issues this can bring. But then again you seem to be stuck in this “them vs us” type of mentality which again is eating away at the game and encouraging these bad decisions. Which honestly is one of the biggest issues across the board.

“Blizzard vs The Community” and sad to say “The Community vs Itself”

2 Likes

Lmao covenants are actual garbage. Not only will they be forgotten about once the new expansion after SL rolls around you can’t even use them in old content either. Just do us a favor Blizz and get rid of them completely. I don’t even want a swap. They’re just awful.

1 Like

Covenants might go down as one of the biggest what-ifs of all Blizzard time and that’s saying something.

1 Like

Ugh. Yes.

Or the super catapults that can shoot miles across the ocean.
Or the living tree in the middle of the ocean that goes up like cheap fireworks coated in gasoline.
Or that the super demi-god druid near the tree couldn’t send a huge storm to put out the fire despite literally suppressing a huge zone-destroying tornado in Darkshore.
Or that nobody (Cenarion Circle, dragons, etc.) gave a crap about the tree burning and tens of thousands dying. Multiple factions formed and fought the Scourge, which caused events comparable to what happened, yet Teldrassil is swept under the rug.

1 Like

And here I thought one of the nice things about being forced into Night Fae was that I’d get to run Old content on my DK with some actual movement speed buffs, silly me.