#PullTheRipcord

35 more posts till 10k annnnd #pulltheripcord.

And we see the trolls out and about once more.

We are doing free testing for Blizzard. Go look at the list of bugs reported by beta testers. They are getting this for free. No, in fact we are paying a sub to test for them. If they don’t want to make testing easier for us, what’s the point? What glorified lab rat? Get the hell out.

4 Likes

Your victory lap is going to be playing shadowlands for six months before they decide to change anything. Um … yay? … whooo … hail to the victors?

I used to be 100% #pulltheripcord and even refunded my prepurchase over it. But the more I think about it (and with the recent nerfs to Covenant abilities), I’m nuancing my thoughts a bit.

There are multiple ways to optimize your gameplay performance. Gear, talents, Covenant, soulbinds, conduits, etc. But the most important part of optimization (in my opinion) is yourself. You can have the perfect character setup that’s perfectly optimized for whatever content you’re doing, but if you don’t play well it doesn’t really make a difference.

I’m always impressed when I see a supposedly bad spec (survival hunter, windwalker, arcane) pulling great numbers in a pug. The kind of players who manage that have overcome whatever limitations the spec has and optimized themselves enough to be able to perform competitively. That’s what I strive for, and so I’m becoming more willing to put up with restrictions/limitations and not use them as an excuse or crutch to blame my own poor performance on.

That being said, I don’t do extreme content. I only do heroic raids and 15 or lower keys. I know people who do harder content would like/need more freedom to optimize their play, and I don’t want to take that optimization opportunity away from them just because I don’t need it.

Covenants could have been designed differently from the get-go or changed earlier in testing, but at this point it’s pretty clear we’re stuck with them. So I’m determined to make the most of them and just enjoy playing the game and trying to do my best despite any restrictions.

3 Likes

No you must be reading what you want to instead of what’s actually being said. I said that you’re entertainment for me and others in this thread while at the same time keeping it bumped to the top. You can’t control yourself to not post in this thread and we all get a good laugh. Like I said, it’s a win-win for us.

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Covenant abilities have become neutered but the importance of covenant signature abilities jumps out ahead again.

Venthyr port and blink of Night Fae is hard to ignore when BlizZard is forcing progression through the maw.

So close to 10,000 posts. Who’s it gonna be?

Bumping a pointless thread that has zero chance of changing anything. Oh my, say it isn’t so. I’m so beside myself with grief.
I’ve been entertaining myself with this thread for a month now. That you are likewise entertained is just fine with me.
#Pulltheripcord
#Pullmyfinger

Both results are the same.

We will keep this thread alive as long as it needs to be alive

It was be a testament to player resilience facing odds that seem hopeless

Legit playing the forums the same way we play the game

A band of heroes going up something bad happening

Pull that ripcord. I recently got beta and a good number of my fears have been confirmed. The biggest one was that I thought there most certainly will be covenant specific builds that can only be done by some piece of the covenant. And by this I mean that there will be legendaries and even normal talents that won’t be worth using outside of X covenant.

For example one of my tests was night fae dk with the intent of playing frost. The cleave feels good but it feels alot slower then icecap currently does so I’m a bit conflicted, and because of that I tried unholy and found that with some finagling with talents you can make a build where you have 100% uptime on death’s due buff. This is using the death coil/death strike do 10% more damage and lower the cooldown of dnd by 2 seconds coupled with various death coil talents and defile for aoe value. Whether this build is good or not remains to be seen, but its only really possible with nightfae and if its bis somewhere thats a problem.

A few others I’m toying with are anger management fury with the your big cooldown procs another big cooldown+condemn and execute enabling talents for fury generation, and the concept of 1 tank 4 dps groups using one or more wind walker monks with teachings of the monastery+kyrian or maybe venthyr for healing. Though I haven’t tested enough to give feedback on any builds.

#Pulltheripcord10000

Covenants remind me a lot more of Legion order halls and artifact weapons than anything in BfA.

The Legion systems had some problems, sure, aspects of the design were tweaked, but basically they were the backbone of a fantastic expansion.

There’s no way to implement a unique feature like artifact weapons or covenants in a game like WoW that doesn’t involve some trial and error and adjustments over time.

Right, but imagine if each weapon had its own order hall and you couldn’t freely swap between them without losing all your progress towards that weapon. Not to mention a two-week quest, just to change your order hall so you could use a different weapon.

With these systems it feels like a lot of the lessons learned in Legion were forgotten and we’ve actually gone backward instead.

That’s not a good analogy. I will be able to play all of my specs within a particular covenant.

I just might not be the optimal choice in a certain type of content, which would already be the case, because there are many other tanks/healers/dps in the game.

The shadowlands features are not precisely the same as the legion systems (which of course they should not be), but basically there is a covenant/order hall storyline, upgrades to unlock, unique appearances, etc., with more being added later most likely.

I’ve taken a pretty good look at all the abilities and information, including recommendations for many classes and specs. Even in the current iteration, there’s really nothing beyond ordinary tuning concerns, or weird interactions with legendary items, all of which issues would exist anyway in some form.

Basically, the feature should reward investment in a particular covenant over the course of the expansion, rather than providing a massive benefit at a particular moment.

Isnt it thought? Assuming you could still use the weapon for the other specs they just wouldn’t be “optimal” for your other specs. That’s the current argument against splitting the power from the covenants any way.

I understand their not “precisely” the same but they fit well when it comes to placing a decision between power and aesthetics.

You say tuning like the values each conduit and ability have are only a few % apart when test’s have show that’s wildly inaccurate.

I still not seen a good reason why at all that we should not have borrow power or this system at all.

It can’t be balanced? And I’m like and? Nothing will ever be balance does not mean we should not try new systems.

You will get denied from groups? Ok if pugging follows a meta, that is a problem with pugging. Guilds fixes that.

i’m still waiting for a good reason why we should not have the system, and every reason why it is bad, a counter to it. Noone has giving a good reason why this system should not be in the game, and that is why Blizzard sticking with it.

Haha they actually removed a potency slot from all the soulbinds from 3 to 2.

So now not only are soulbind trees becoming meaningless, also potency slots are becoming garbage.

I agree with this, but the rewards shouldn’t be power based.
Not because I hate my character being stronger but because history has show Blizzard had wild ideas of “balance” and I dont trust them to tune a guitar let alone 4 abilities between 36 spec’s

1 Like

Not the same at all. There wasn’t a cooldown just for wanting to use other artifact weapons by swapping specs. Also when you put AP into said weapon, it stayed on there. Imagine if just because you swapped specs your AP on the weapon went down to 0 and you have to build it up all over again. That’s essentially Covenants.

I mean if it become meaningless to this change, that means it will get buffed later on. Number tweaking will happen.

Based on what I am seeing and if I am reading the tea leaves right there will be more pruning of systems in systemlands.

Time is running out and it is too much to balance!

:ghost: