#PullTheRipcord

Okay, but that still doesn’t explain why allowing people to swap would negatively affect people who pick for aesthetics

Aesthetics isn’t the only thing.Despite me being a * * * * 1 % * * * * raider who also does higher than average keys/arena I’m still a very much lore buff at heart.

I got into this game because of the story, I’ve read all the books and I read all the quests. I don’t like two of the four zones at all but I will be needing to play them.

So my punishment is me not being able to choose what covenant I’d like to play.

So let’s get to the brass tax:

The cost of following the trend

Is that my choice will be invalidated sometime after release because of nerfs and I have to play a covenant I didn’t want to play.

Whole lot of negatives compared to what #PullTheRipcord would do huh?

Pull The Ripcord:

1. Everyone gets to pick what them they like and can use whatever ability you want. Nobody loses.

#PullTheRipcord

2 Likes

You’re destroying a system that doesn’t need to be destroyed.

Meta chasers will just jump ship before the patch lands before hand, so there’s nothing lost and nothing gained.

Independent stories are not new to MMO’s. ESO has three separate factional stories also, so that’s not really an argument.

If you chase numbers, yea.

The entire system gets gutted and there are no abilities to choose from or soulbinds/conduits to use.

That’s what a ripcord does.

But we’re not asking for that.

We just want power separated from covenants.

Hope this helps,

(From original post)

I forgive you the original post was a long time ago.

That’s literally not what he said :rofl:

1 Like

Ion told you that wasn’t possible.

He also said they would work around it if they felt is was the right play which they currently don’t think it is.

I’m hedging my bets on when he sees how the community reacts he’ll change his mind.

I think they’ve seen how the community reacted already. They just don’t really care

He’ll gut the whole thing, like pulling a ripcord.

Yeah but the feedback is limited to people who can see the downside and beta testers currently. There is still a group of people who can’t see how bad it is.

Which is why I support pulling the ripcord in 9.1

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticCleanHawkCorgiDerp

Sure are jumping to some wild conclusions there.

Since you’re too lazy to actually look up the video, I’ll quote it for you:

“Is there the fallback option at the end of the day of: removing all the restrictions and, okay, you can just mix and match and you can switch this stuff much more freely? If we need to pull that ripcord, it exists.”

That doesn’t sound like gutting it to me.

Completely destroyed the space time continuum with that suggestion.

Remember that you all said he was lying?

He did, which is why he can’t trusted when he says there is no ripcord.

That’s the thing about trust, easy to break.

He is lying, one way or another. Either his ripcord statement was true, or his development update system was true. They’re mutually exclusive statements.

2 Likes

So what makes you think he’ll cave to your demands and not gut the system entirely?

They aren’t my demands only.

I didn’t even know 535 people looked at the forums and the original post has 535 likes.

He will cave (like they have for all the borrowed power system Ion has introduced) to mass feedback.

They aren’t even demands. It’s just recognizing the pattern of Blizzard’s borrowed power systems. We’ve done this song and dance for multiple expansions now. It’s not the player’s fault that Blizzard refused to bend on them every single time.

4 Likes

Smash that love heart for a like for anyone else reading along at home.

4 Likes

So he wasn’t lying about that one sentence, but he was completely lying about the ripcord, and all the sentences around the truthful sentence.

Must be that selective honesty.

So they’ll gut it entirely. Then no one can complain.