#PullTheRipcord

The ripcord must be invincible.

Because we can’t see it.

1 Like

Yet, this is about planning for the long run Jackinaxxia.

What long run? 2 years.

You do the Covenant thing for 2 years. Then it’s over.

Hopefully not, that’d be terrible.

3 Likes

Do I play the covenant I actually want to play aesthetically, or play the only covenant that’s good for holy priests and be sad because it’s the most boring. Shouldn’t have to pick. What about when I change specs? #PullTheRipCord

1 Like

Yeah it’s ironic they want you to say

I play a Kyrian Priest

Instead of I play a holy priest.

Like we already had a prefix for our class.

7 Likes

What sad is you already knew which one I was talking about since I don’t actually have a choice.

1 Like

Never was:

:earth_africa::gun: :man_astronaut: :gun: :man_astronaut:

3 Likes

Honestly, if they aren’t gonna pull the ripcord, they should just make the covenants permanent and persist through expansions. At least then they could iterate on them and make the abilities and soulbinds actually interesting.

Instead, we have this dumb middle ground where the cov’s can’t be interesting because it’d be impossible to balance. And at the same time, they’re not even a meaningful choice because they are just another borrowed power system that’s gonna go away next expansion.

Guilds who run their own key will have those specs. But I can’t wait for Blizzard to dedicate the next expansion to nothing but the most petty balancing:

World of Warcraft: Blandlands.

• Everyone instantly gets flying for logging in because there’s no new zones; player feedback indicated that the different art sets in the new zones were too distracting and affected their rotations.

• Everyone is also instantly max level because leveling was far too punishing and forced players into… playing the game. Timmy needs to hop into end content ASAP.

• There are no new professions or legendaries. Player feedback indicated that since they couldn’t use all of them at once and simply conjure stacks of raw materials from the aether, it was all imbalanced and they were simming disparaging numbers between the specs.

• There are no talent trees. Player feedback indicated that having three choices was imbalanced since there was always the clear winner in all tiers, so we decided to simply label everything ‘This used to be cool’.

• All specs will have the same abilities 'Light, Medium, and Hard Hit/Heal/Block (healers and tanks respectively). Player feedback indicated that some specs were better than others, so we balanced all the abilities to do a single point of damage/healing/mitigation so players don’t feel slighted.

• Instead of gear, we at Blizzard are giving everyone trophies for participating. Player feedback indicated that some people getting gear was imbalanced, so we removed the feature entirely to make sure everyone was on an even playing field.

• And finally, Guilds have been disbanded. Player feedback has indicated that people in Guilds were imbalancing the Pug Stars tremendously, so in order to maintain balance we dissolved Guilds entirely and the only way to que for a ‘Raid’ (there’s only one tier for balance) is by LFR.

… That’s the ultimate expansion for people dramatizing for balance… :rofl:

3 Likes

The strawmans are strong

3 Likes

I’m not arguing anything here… It’s just that if you want balance, the game’s going to get super bland really fast.

Personally, I hope blizzard doesn’t cave to players on this. I think if blizzard does it this, then basically they are just making a second talent system. I think blizzard should only allow 2-3 covenant changes or make it extremely difficult for players to switch.

Personally, I plan on maining Prot Pally with Necrolords. I know for M+, Divine Toll is considered to be stronger but I’m not planning to push 20+ keys or World 1st raiding (the only places where it really matters).

1 Like

Yeah thank god they didn’t do balancing in Shadowlands

Having Fire mage, BM hunter, holy paladin, disc priest and demo Warlock dominate all expansion was very fun.

Not bland at all

1 Like

Im pretty sure everyone has been wrecked by a 40 man pvp raid. Also, if you have to pvp in a 40 man raid there is something wrong.

1 Like

Gonna hit you with a big doubt there buddy.

Since everything needs to be a complicated grind. I think talents are too easy. Every time you want to change a talent, you need to do four world quests. Change specs? Oh hoh hoh. How dare you, that’s 8 world quests. Now hold on, you want to change mount equipment? Time to grind some rep with your mount so they are cool with it.

Let’s face it. In any other expansion, covenant abilities would have been a talent row, or just new abilities. As they should be. And before you say that context matters, in the context of the lore of Shadowlands, having to grind to use another covenants abilities makes as much sense as having to grind to get new talents.

3 Likes

Seriously, we’re so overdue for a new talent row.

They just keep giving us stuff that they plan on taking away. So much wasted dev time.

Because have a talent row every expansion wouldn’t get boring at all. All, what, ten or twelve talent rows?

Why would it get boring? How is it any less boring to be given some abilities then lose them after 2 years?

3 Likes