#PullTheRipcord

But why not? These systems adds some spice to the game.

They are also not going to stay, these systems will change. I think that is part of the charm of them. Systems come and go, and many of them I dislike some I do.

That is my point. These systems will change again, and for people who enjoy these limits. Should they not allowed to enjoy them for a bit before trying to get Blizzard to change it?

I am answering questions, and debating. If that is derailing. Than anyone who disagree with you is derailing. Stop being silly.

Because it feels awful to play when your performance is based completely on rng and/or other outside sources not tied to your characters skills/abilities.

Like on my monk right now I can either do 200k burst dmg in pvp or I can completely 100-0 somebody depending on my rng void ritual procs.

My hunter? Most of my damage is based on gushing wounds, drest/bike, and reaping flame and my actual class abilities do very little. It’s gotten to the point where myself and the others I play with are wondering why we even have classes in bfa since our abilities don’t do anything.

One of my friends, who plays a rogue, constantly tells me how skill-less the game feels because of corruptions and these trinkets, “I click throw knife and it either kills them if my stuff procs or it does absolutely nothing.”

5 Likes

You have yet to give one reasonable non strawman answer to any question .

All you have done is given one nonsensical reply after the other and have each time said see I made my point and every time we go no you haven’t.

So until you actually make a response to someone that doesn’t contain some kind of fallacy like people wanting the spell of a different class or how the way others want to play actually affect you then I am sticking by you are just trying to derail the thread and I know I am not the only one to think this .

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if it took me 3 months to switch a skill and 3 months to switch a covenant. So long as I can have the class skill I want paired with the covenant I want.

I understand the whole meaningful weighted choice thing that’s fine. I have no complaints with putting in the work for what I want. But when they mess with my personal love of fae and make the only skill I can use practically in a sludge pit grave. Well then, they have made it kinda personal.

If I have wallow in a sludge pit to practically play, I’m unhappy.

If I have to sacrifice raiding to play surrounded by fae then I’m also unhappy.

If I have to re-pick my main to one where I get both of what I want, then I am also unhappy.

Yay 3 choices that all make me un-happy. I don’t think this is the game design that is going to increase those subs. I don’t think it’s even going to prolong play.

4 Likes

I think they COULD add spice to the game, but without the time-gating.

Spices is actually a great example.

Instead of giving players spices to choose and experiment with, they’re time-gated to only using 1 spice every 2 weeks.

I think if each covenant had more to offer it would be worth the wait; giving players the ability to try a mediterranean set of spices for a bit, then a set of latin spices, asian spices, etc. But most of the covenants even when you factor in legendaries ends up being passive effects. It’s like trying a single spice at a time when spices usually work best in combination with others.

When people were calling covenants a sub-class I was actually excited. But as they stand now they’re just a Shadowlands talent system.

It would be a big service to the anti-ripcord movement if everyone abandoned this thread and let you 5 or so people do your sad little bumps.
But not everyone is logical.

It’s looking more like what they meant by covenant choices being a sub class is back door locking us into the sub classes we have had since vanilla (specs) .

But at least the ones in vanilla weren’t time gated.

2 Likes

Here I though they wanted classes to feel like classes again and get rid of the spec’s that divided them.

Then they add in sub-class with covenants? It’s like the point of just letting classes be classes flew over their head and crash landed in the hills.

Not even sub-class; a watered down, punishing version of talents.

3 Likes

I cannot wait until you make your meaningful choice, finding out its garbage, and come to the forums complaining about how you made a wrong choice and you have to refarm renown because your group of friends wont take you to any content because you cant pull the numbers to carry your own weight.

cant know its a poor choice if you never participate in any sort of difficult content

3 Likes

I don’t think he does content difficult enough for it to matter, nor is he the type of person that likes to test and play with things on their own within the 2 week time-gate.

Let alone the supposed friends they have.

Wait, you play a rogue and you’re worried about a choice of 2 new abilities not being balanced? I mean class balance is already way off.

Perhaps we should be arguing for the ability to switch classes with a “tome of reroll”?

I think they’re more displeased with the fact that in order to pull the best numbers, they need to go necrolord, but they really like the ambience of night fae. Thus, they think tying player power to covenants is stupid and there really is no meaningful choice.

1 Like

Should we allow unlimited imbalance because there is already inherently imbalance?

A lot of people feel that plenty of meaningful choice is already had at the character creation screen and talent menu.

4 Likes

If this doesn’t help him get a new job, I don’t know what will. lol

How does this differ from class choice? I mean, they’re not going to pull fire mage numbers, assuming equal skill. Rogues are in the middle or lower on DPS. Class is an aesthetic choice as it is.