#PullTheRipcord

Personally, as an RPG advocate, I fully support this.

I was actually surprised to see Blizzard implement the system the way it’s currently setup. So much of the potential of the design goes to waste and gets soured with the planned execution.

Ideas like this fix a lot and make the system actually function and support the stated goals of the system.

3 Likes

Some people cannot see facts because their emotions cloud their thoughts.

2 Likes

Could you guys stop feeding the person who has admitted they only want covenants to be annoying because they blame “elitists” for forging going away.

Amen.

At the end of the day there are more casuals that will get punished because of the system than “elitists”.

If people are going to speak up for players, it would make a bit more sense to speak up for these casuals rather than the elitists.

There is a way to get elitists and it’s not this route. It’s building bosses that require slow paced low dps and tossing in mechanic’s that have to be done. This way you can’t overpower and zerg past anything. Muahhaahahah That would drive em nuts. Sadly it would make 90% of fights into karazan chess…which may also drive the rest of us nuts as well.

Not sure that one is a fight that can be won. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what I have been saying all along. Locking the powerful upgrades behind an aesthetic choice is always going to be a problem. And while I don’t completely know the whole system, I do know the game. I won’t be picking what I want based on the look, because that’s not going to work if I want to progress and keep up.

This is just another way to milk game played time, cause you will have to do some tedious catch up when the cute bunny covenant gimps you.

So, yes Pulltheripcord now.

2 Likes

This is the worst part of all these kinds of systems. In the end they just feel like more and more ways of trying to milk us for time played numbers rather than giving us meaningful content.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with milking time occasionally…there is something wrong with continuing to do it after you’ve been called out for it.

2 Likes

The fun police win today.

You miserable prick.

#pulltheripcord

7 Likes

You know if Blizz had never put player power as part of the covenants you would most likely not say the choices are meaningless because they have no teeth .

You would of just been happy with the rp aspect of it.

So my question is do you really care that much about the powers being tied to the covenants as a part of meaningful choice or is it more about sticking it to a group of players you don’t like ?

Feel free to be honest

10 Likes

I think when you have a large percentage of people who are trapped in a situation where they must pick the covenant they dislike just to be able to effectivly play their role you have created a situation in which your going to get a ton of pushback.

The players don’t like to be cornered.

5 Likes

What’s the point of that, when you can already do that and it’s one a two week cool down?

Blizzard knows they cant balance all of the abilities, and soul binds. That’s why there’s a free move button for the first time leaving a covenant. People are going to follow the best covenant no matter the MeaNInGfUl choice you make.

If I was a raid leader and I saw a venthyr rogue pulling less dps then the necrolord rogue. I’m going to ask why, and if they say covenant, then I will know this system is flawed.

2 Likes

Nasty casual here that was glad TF went away .

But not that happy about it’s replacement

fighting for a cause?

That is my problem with this. Do you understand that what you want, would make the game unfun for others also? So your cause is to make the game better for yourself. You are taking a moral high ground.

Most people like myself who are for the system, are saying hey it could change in the future, but let what WE want stay for awhile, and let us enjoy the system that will change in the future since that is the very nature of mmo.

But noooo lets just throw hissy fits and mask it behind feedback, saving the game, and a cause. When a parent tells a kid no, and they throw a fit. That is all I see with how this community acting.

Blizzard got the feedback loud and clear. They said no. What is left for you but wait?

1 Like

Same could be applied to your view of the system, except our change wouldn’t actually affect your gameplay.

2 Likes

I understand that, and I accept that fully. That is why I don’t stand on a moral high ground with feedback.

How? The covenants would still be there and you could stay in one if you choose to do so. You wouldn’t be impacted in the slightest.

2 Likes

So you are all for people say punishing their friends because they made a wrong choice.

Ah so your idea of meaningful choice are players turning on players just so you can enjoy other’s suffering

1 Like

How? It is already explain.

I like being limited in power. I like making a hard choice and being jealous of something some other person has but I like saying well at least I got this. I like my choice adding more weight besides just looks.

If you could choose. The game would be balance around it, when i start doing mythic plus with my friends I would be expected to change by the game, and I think that takes away from the choice.

Rpgs always have rules and limits, and this is one of them times that I think it is needed. If they did not do this. Covs would just be factions that is it.

I like the weight of the choice. It makes the grind have more value.

What fun does it remove ?

Is it the rp aspect of the covenants? I still see that would be around or is it and let’s be honest.

Will unlocking it remove the fun of seeing others be punished because you don’t like the way they play ?

2 Likes