#PullTheRipcord

50 gold was huge in vanillia.
It was enough that people choose to either spec fully for one role or make a hybrid build, if memory serves you had to go back to the trainer and pay gold each time and it got more and more expensive as you did it. As I said it was enough that people didnt do it much.

Which is why Blizzard chose not to have that for Classic, and instead opted for the ramping spec change system that currently exists.

I was recently playing classic, and I stopped mid BWL with 2400g, would have more now if I’d kept playing. I played in vanilla also, and had a few hundred gold when we went into TBC, and I had been swapping between fury and prot. I don’t think 50g was all that much.

Keep it the way it is, and have the player’s begging for changes throughout the Expansion. Make minute changes during balance patches based on player feedback.

Blizzard doesn’t do minute changes, lol. If all resto druids take convoke the spirits, they’ll change it from 12 to 8 spells, reduce the healing done by wild growth, rejuv, and swiftmend, then call it a day.

Not sure where you are getting this from, it wasn’t a fixed amount it increased each time.
unless of course you only did it once a reset, and its great you had gold, some of the richest in my guild only have a few hundred…

my comment said vanilla not classic

Vanilla had a 50g cap as well. I’m 98% positive of this.

Yeah, I wish WoW would be ran by a company that understood balance too.

But it’s WoW. Double digit nerfs (and buffs) or nothing.

I wish game balance was something that wasn’t held up as a major content patch, but a necessary requirement for player enjoyment

It’s why I stopped playing literally every PvP game Blizzard has, because I know that if something OP dodges a nerf, the game will be the exact same for 3-4 months minimum.

1 Like

the real tea is how the ripcord never existed in the first place and everyone believing there was :joy_cat:

I’ve never heard that phrase before. Is that one of the generational things and I should feel old now or is that more of a regional thing?

Yeah. We probably should’ve realized he was full of crap in that interview. That’s at least partially on us.

Bit of column A, bit of column B. IIRC it’s a bigger thing on Twitter than any geographical location.

Outright lying is honestly new, even for Ion. Normally he just goes for lawyer speak.

1 Like

That quote was 3 weeks ago. It was pretty obvious to some of us. I don’t think he lied at all, I think you read too much into what he said.

If you’re traveling, do you tell people that you’re ready to go when you really mean that you have a plan of how you’re going to do it and won’t actually be able to until it’s far too late to matter?

They were never going to blow all that dev time without trying it for a few months. Not sure how you ever believed in that fantasy.

also 3 weeks ago.

MMORPG is a genre that isn’t the same as a RPG. Two different names refer to two different things. If this is a difficult concept for you then you shouldn’t be playing the game. You should be redeveloping basic reading skills to go with understanding what a genre is in primary school.

WoW is not an “action” RPG. WoW is still closer to the gameplay of the hero units they originated from which was a RTS. If you want an ARPG, go play Dark Souls which is an ARPG. WoW has the typical gameplay of many of the origin MMORPGs which hasn’t deviated all that much as far as button pressing or genre goes.

8.0 was released released August, 2018. 8.2 was released June, 2019. Do you generally consider almost a year “a few months”? Or do you have some reason to expect they’ll release the content patches in Shadowlands much faster?

They are going to test things for months. Then start putting dev time into it. That will take more months. Then testing more time ect ect. When it’s all said and done, ya it could easily take a year. It’s woven into the whole fabric of the expansion and touches every system.
They would literally need to remake all the quests that introduce you to the systems, all the quests that have to do with covenants. So uh … most of them.