#PullTheRipcord

This is nor an MMORPG or an RPG. At best, this has become an ARPG with elements of esports and balancing/critiquing from that 1%.

“A” isn’t a genre either and yet you wouldn’t treat ARPGs the same as you would MMORPGs or regular RPGs.

1 Like

They’re just forms of RPGs.

Like saying Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla are all icecream.

As a toxic min/maxer thought I’d let anyone know who is Alliance that perky pugs are doing our heroic AOTC carries today.

Feel free to stop by https://www.twitch.tv/keteket

Will be doing it for another 1 and a half hour.

3 Likes

From what I see, maybe it isn’t even within Ion’s ability to make that change. Likely someone even higher up is saying ‘you move forward or tender your resignation’ kinda deal. I can tell from the VOD he has all the intention of doing it but, what is preventing him? Reminder that Blizz is not it’s own company anymore and is wholly owned by a multi-national entertainment corporation.

No matter how many times in the past they have tried to pretend they were still self-directing.

It seems like many players think he’s the only guy who works on the game and he’s the only one who makes any of the decisions.

I mean homeboy is lead game designer. He has the final say in what goes into the game or not, tbh.

2 Likes

And Blizzard is now wholly owned by a multi-national company with very little autonomy. There is always someone above making the decisions. It is either ‘Yes, sir’ or ‘Here is my resignation’ when you get that high in the totem pole.

Unless he can prove without a doubt the massive change will result in more $$$ I doubt the higher-ups want to risk another 40mil payday just for random strangers who play their video game. Blizzard is no longer someone’s pet project, rather now a piggy-bank for hungry eyes.

Games have rules, the rules change in said game. If system change and these rules change that you don’t like. That is fine, it is a mmo, and things will change again. Adapt or don’t.

Why does your story decision have to reflect on how you kill mobs? Why not? It is a rpg choice, and it is what some of us been asking for. A new expansion will hit and things will change, but this one is for us :slight_smile:

The only thing I’ve been asking for is less hedgehogs.

4 Likes

It’s a bad RPG choice. The driving force behind RP choices should be “what would my character do?” When you tie gameplay to that choice, it instead becomes “what would my character do and how much fun am I as a player willing to sacrifice to follow through?”

6 Likes

Many people say they are. Many people always say they are though.

I couldn’t imagine playing a video game and thinking it’s punishment, I’d just find a new game that I didn’t equate to punishment.

I’ve played this game for many years. I know how often I see the same people claim that this is their last straw, then 2 weeks later there is another last straw.

I wish it was permanent. We need meaningful choice. There is nothing wrong with having to use your brain and think about something before you do it.

That only works if Blizz discloses everything that’s going to be released (bosses, mobs, abilities, etc) and commits to not making any adjustments to anything that is impacted by Covenants for the entirety of Shadowlands (or until whenever they decide to deprecate Covenants).

Otherwise, you’re just as blind as everyone else as soon as the first balance pass gets made or the first non-launch content gets released no matter how much you think about it.

1 Like

So, you replied to the same post twice, because why? Because you’re an obtuse individual Even when someone say’s “hey I wasn’t fully aware of XYZ so I guess I have change my mind a bit”, you still run your mouth about it.

I wish you would stop obtuse trolling. You have said over and over your opinion and it’s not changing and your not making any new arguments, you’re just trolling.

1 Like

I got a notification from it, so you went back and edited it. I wasn’t aware I already replied. I can’t keep track of the same type of comments over and over. I’m not sure why you’d go back to a comment a day later to edit it anyway.

Our job is to find a meme rotation

Will that be in 11.0 or Classic BfA

1 Like

As was stated earlier, how can I use my brain to make a choice if Blizzard is going to change the parameters later? Also, with minimal testing, how am I, as a healer, supposed to use my brain to make a choice? I can’t sim heals, so that option is out of the question.

2 Likes

First off I qualified it as “EDIT:”

Secondly

I felt it wrong to have found out information later and now knowing I was not fully informed to leave the post the way I did originally. Trying to right a wrong.