#PullTheRipcord

Blizzard cares about monthly active users, I don’t think they care about the casuals more than mythic raiders or likewise. They care about players playing the game.

If that starts to decline, change will be brought about.

Are any of the “famous influencers” at all in support of Covenants?

T/E have more or less started to support covenants in their current form.

But they have always more or less supported Blizzards stance on things, so it was expected. They initially had issue but have come around to it.

Right, that’s when they’ll announce Burning Crusade Classic right? :shushing_face:

Doesn’t matter if it’s a video game, comics, manga, anime, movies or your local favorite burger joint.

Being toxic to fight “toxic” is trash

1 Like

I agree, which is why I said:

All of them pretend to be so that Blizz won’t disassociate them.
Need an example?..Method.

Oops sorry are we not allowed to mention them anymore because one person was a sicko and some others didn’t go bonkers about it?

End of the day it’s ALL about money.

Yeah, as much as I’m against it I think it’s inevitable. If they can bundle the people who return for TBC as just “Wow subscribers” it masks the failure of an expansion.

Worked for BFA I guess.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
:relaxed:

1 Like

Not sure what else you need, you’ve got a thread with 6536 replies in it. Maybe start reading up before you try to get smug (again).

:relaxed:

Only real “influencers” that I follow are people like ThdLock and other lock theorycrafters like Gahddo and a couple of the Limit guys on Twitter, so I was genuinely unsure.

I mean, Methods dissolution (and subsequent reforming) was done at a corporate level to avoid the bad PR.

Not because Blizzard willed it.

Yet this thread still remains, which is subject to the matter.

As someone who’s worked for probably the two biggest corporations in America, if you want to stick it to them (in this case Blizzard), unsub and never buy something from them again, which goes for everyone who wants to stick it to Blizzard.

The point I was trying to make there is that for a very long time one group of people were considered by many to be “it”. And Blizz / Preach / T&E / Bellular etc etc all praised them…because everyone was making money off of it.

Now that there was some bad drama ALL of those people act as if they had never heard of them before and refuse to talk about them at all…because it’s no longer good for the bottom line…money.

This thread remains, the one where I advocated for spreading a toxic system throughout the community does not. It was deleted, I got a ban and had time to think about the most meaningful approach to the system.

And here we are.

Of course, which was the methodology(albeit flawed thinking) of the original idea. If people try to work with a system that isn’t fun or rewarding and they are punished - They will vote with their wallet and unsub. I was thinking of a way to expedite that process.

After further thinking, this was not the right path to go down because people unsubbing is overall unhealthy for the game in all facets. From people who farm herbs, to those who begin raiding or start pvp.

That said I also don’t pay for my sub with money, and on top of that I still enjoy many things in the game. It’s the same situation when I fought for account bound essnces.

Someone is paying money for it. It just isn’t you.

1 Like

Yeah well, maybe that money comes from someone who defends the system and loves it. Everyone wins really.

You spend your time doing a thing and trade that for playtime. Whether that thing be gold or dollars is immaterial .

I get to do what I like (Arena/Raids).

They get to do what they like to do.

can’t wait for all these anti-ripcord people to realize that min-maxxer’s will still beat them in content because they usually don’t do every single thing in the game and usually prioritize on one aspect of the game :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Exactly! Why should me looking the way I want affect my power? That’s like saying blizzard should put player power into transmog. This entire thing just sounds like Aldor vs Scryers all over again.

I saw a couple of comments somewhere and some people suggested

• Make the abilities into a separate talent tree

• Maybe have all abilities available to everyone, and then change the theme/aesthetic based off the covenant you choose

#pulltheripcord

3 Likes