#PullTheRipcord

hey did you guys read the : " we wont rip cord " blue post?
if so what did you think ?

#PULLTHERIPCORD

1 Like

agreed.
what do you think of the post tho?

Hot trash! #PULLTHERIPCORD

3 Likes

He’s right in that the system is so tangled up that it would make even less sense with the abilities untied without massive revamps. It’s way too late to change it. Still crap, but nothing we can do about it.

they had the perfect time to do it after we sounded the first alarm.
i feel like they dragged there feet intentionally.

3 Likes

I’ve just been re-watching some of the cinematic trailers and reading the wowhead posts on all the upcoming stuff, and every time it saddens me to think that despite the hype and excitement that I’m feeling to finally experience a whole new story, I will be sorely disappointed because of a few arbitrary systems put in by devs to spite players. The insult to injury lies in the fact that they want to make us suffer through it before they trash the system after 6-12 months.

1 Like

Not saying they haven’t had the time. Just that now it’s too late. History is repeating.

I’m pro cord-pulling. Having said that, the patterns that have shown up here today (since the most recent announcement), on both sides of the aisle, tend to demonstrate a common shortsightedness that I’d like to have thought we’d have grown past by now.

For people disappointed, like I am, I understand the instinct to commiserate. This is bad news, and it’s easy to conclude that it will be unhealthy for the community compared to alternatives. People will be benched over covenants–hopefully not many, but more than zero. Many of us will feel shoehorned into a single spec or covenant based on optimization, and we’ll correspondingly be consigned to making changes in pursuit of the same optimization as balance and re-balance happens. But these aren’t new phenomena. The sky isn’t falling. This isn’t the death of the game. The game, and its community, survived WOD and BFA. We’re on the other side of the Azerite missteps (missteps that resulted in a lot of players–like me–skipping the majority of BFA), and if it looks like the company hasn’t learned all it should have, can we really be so surprised? At least they learned something. Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

For people on the other side of it, however, some of these responses are a little baffling. The best advice I’ve seen so far is that gloating is absolutely the worst call. Does anyone honestly think this is the last we’re going to hear on the subject? Even if you think this is the right call, if you’re unable to see that it carries significant risks (namely, that the company’s track record for balancing locked-in decision points is far from perfect), you’re not thinking critically–or worse, your memory is short. Celebration is premature at best. At worst, you may find in a few patch cycles that your cheers have become the underpinnings of a set of development principles that remain belligerently resistant to course correction long past the point that those risks have materialized.

The best thing I can say for the Shadowlands development is that the company has developed a pattern of being receptive to feedback. They’ve made significant changes, even recently (shadow priests, ele shaman), as a result of listening to testers. I hope they continue to do that, including beyond launch. But neither self-congratulatory flag waving nor despondent hyperbole are conducive to keeping that pattern in place.

Real humans have to make these decisions, and there’s a non-zero chance that within a patch or two (or eight or ten) we’re going to see this subject on the table again. I think this is the wrong decision, and I think it will create more issues and more work down the road. I’m passionate about that, but I would like to hope I can be gracious enough about my difference of opinion with the company that if and when the issue is revisited I can be supportive of the needed adjustments instead of resentful because I didn’t get what I wanted now. Digging in our heels, throwing up our hands, or spitting in the eyes of people who disagree with us just because we got our way (or didn’t) accomplishes nothing but shutting down the cycle of feedback that very much needs to continue.

1 Like

#PullTheUmbilicalcord

what blue text? where?

Thing is they don’t need a backup plan right away. All they need to do is remove the barrier to swap back. Yeah we have to level renown with all 4 oh well better than the 2 week cd between swapping back.

That was BFA for me. All the regret I’ll ever need. That their rental power systems turned my favorite classes into trash and oh, we’re going to fix that in 8.3 with another incredibly imbalanced system.

You really can’t get invested in these characters and that’s a big problem.

1 Like

Y’all seriously act like you’re going to die irl over a possible 1% difference in damage between covenants, Google was a mistake. Lol

3 Likes

Feel free to elaborate on this but not holding my breath.

2 Likes

A possible 1% difference he says.

Poor summer child. What do you know about winter?

4 Likes

Oh, excuse me. It might be 2% on a bad patch :cold_face:

1 Like

You’re not even in the same universe right now.

1 Like

What’s even funnier about this is Mistweaver has been 5%~ behind other healers almost the entire expansion and are mocked and basically laughed at by the wider raiding community.

Sub rogues, arcane mages, mm hunters, demo warlocks are 5%~ behind and aren’t brought to any content ever.

DESPITE MY BEST EFFORTS.

One day I’ll be able to turn up to raid not have my RL immediately notice my Felguard.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhgnrRIXYAgm9mX?format=jpg&name=medium

Also can’t wait.