#PullTheRipcord

Yeah 1% was a weird pull. As if the game has ever in its entire history nailed balancing abilities that close.

I think people would be ecstatic to get 5% on launch.

1 Like

20 to 40% deltas are not 1%

4 Likes

Intentionally disingenuious? Missinformed? Uninformed? Or just trolling?

1 Like

There never was a ripcord.

The ripcord is a lie.

2 Likes

OnLy 1% diFfErencE

Edit: Neat, this account already has TL3

The 1% difference is perhaps the most bandwagon argument I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I’m just glad all of the people who kept pushing this cringy hashtag are going finally quit the game.

You guys are going to quit the game… right?

1 Like

Eventually, once it starts to feel like a chore. Why does that matter to you though? Or do you get off of watching others suffer, cause that’d be even cringier :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Well if every person who has ever had any problems with some WoW system before would quit, then there would only be mindless Blizzard followers like you still playing the game and we can’t let that happen. So no, we ain’t quittin.

1 Like

Forgot about meaningful choice?

1 Like

If that is your “got em” line you should really re think what you just said. What do you think a large portion of players leaving en masse will do? A bruise to their wallet is the fastest way for them to pull that ripcord.

The meaningful choice argument was starting to become rather worn out which is why they desperately needed a new shield. But even the meaningful choice thing could have had some merit if Blizzard was truly able to attach proper story progression and player immersion to covenants. They couldn’t, and I don’t know if they will change that.

But the 1% difference argument was plain stupid. Anyone who tested out the abilities or saw others testing them out would know it was way more than 1%. Still they ran en masse to equip this defense. Boggles me to this day.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s kinda what I thought lmao.

I know it really upsets people when the “Just quit” argument is made, but the only reason it strikes such a chord is because it’s a flawless argument. If you are at the point where covenants are such a dealbreaker that it causes you throw online temper tantrums online and forgo rational discourse in lieu of hashtags and vitriol then it’s probably time for you to find a new game to play. There is no reason for you to be here.

If you don’t think covenants are ruining the entire expansion and the game itself, then why align with a group that’s constantly using that type of extreme vitriolic language and pushing borderline conspiracy weirdness? You must be smart enough to understand that childish hyperbole doesn’t enact change.

If you do think that covenants are going to destroy the game then why are you here? Speak with your wallet. Even by being here you are feeding engagement, by circle-****ing you are only dissuading people on the fence and making them dislike your style of discourse more than they dislike covenants.

I disliked Legion’s AP grind, the artifact research, the legendaries, the RNG, the power gap between legendaries, the fact ttat I couldn’t play a second spec even in M0s because I had to funnel traits into my main spec weapon. Those all sucked, I gave my feedback and wish they were different, but I can still look back and realize that despite rain showers it wasn’t storming the entire time and it was a good experience.

If you can’t do that, then why are you here?

So when you give your opinion on the things you don’t like it’s “feedback”, but when we do it on a topic you support, it’s a “temper tantrum, an irrational discourse, blah blah”. Just because you saw a few people who fit that description, don’t automatically make conclusions about the rest of us.

5 Likes

Don’t know what you’ve been reading but most people in favor of the hashtag have not been making irrational arguments. And the hashtag itself is just a convenient way of addressing a movement, whether online or offline.

The real question is, why does it offend YOU so much that people are voicing their complaints? One does not need to quit the game just for their dissatisfaction to be justified. That way of thinking is arrogant and rather selfish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At the end of my post I literally discussed things about Legion that I didn’t like while not once using language that would or could be considered a temper tantrum.

I would like it if I could have all of my covenant abilities from the start, but I’m not spamming hashtags with the same six people for thousands of posts while propping up vitriolic and hyperbolic language filled with doomsday prophecy, like what was said in the OP of this very post.

But wanting the game to be changed to suit your whims isn’t selfish or arrogant? I feel horrible for your parents.

The moment people who are weak willed get backed into a corner on their stances is the moment that start claiming people are offended. I’m not offended, I just believe that people who think and act like you are worse for the game than covenants as they currently are (and I don’t even really like them). I’m trying to convince you to leave just like you are trying to convince people with your hashtag of… something.

1 Like

First, please point which parts of the OP feel like a doomsday prophecy to you.

Second, if you’d seriously read or even remotely understood any of what people have been complaining about, you would know that making covenants swappable does not infringe upon anyone else’s enjoyment of the game. People like you can still stick to one covenant throughout the expansion.

So really, who is selfish here and resorting to name-calling and acting like the victim without cause or concern? It’s you, and people like you. In fact, there have even been people who are enjoying seeing other casuals punished because of this system. If that is not selfish and disgusting, I don’t know what is.

The fact that you’re blind to all this says volumes about your flawed way of thinking. I have to dismiss you as a troll. Good day sir, and if this thread offends you so much, kindly stay out of it :slight_smile:

Why are you typing this nonsense? I wish covenants were exactly how I imagined them to be, too. I’m not the one saying the game will die and posting near constantly about how horrible the game and it’s dev team is an using covenants to attack the game as a whole.

Literally an entire wall of garbage when I have already said multiple time that I don’t personally like the system as it stands, but I’m not whining like a child or spouting off about how it will ruin or kill the game.

Between you and OP you have well over 100 posts over the last 24 hours in threads just dumping on blizzard and shadowlands as a whole.

1 Like

I’mma bout to leave my meaningful choice in my wallet here pretty soon, my dudes. #pulltheripcord

3 Likes