#PullTheRipcord

Punitive choices are not meaningful, they are just annoying for the sake of annoying.

Now if I can only auto defer every min maxer that tells me I’m in the wrong covenant to Ion’s personal cell phone and let him deal with it I would totally be ok with this change.

They’re also trying to smoothly glide over the fact that Ion directly lied to our faces about the backup system already existing. Just yikes.

Just how screwed does one have to be to feel the need to lie to the entire playerbase in response to being called out on bad game design.

5 Likes

Yeah i mean, how can we believe anything he says when he went on record to say the system is there to walk back so hard and say it would fracture the space time continuum if they did and it also doesn’t exist?

Ion is a liar, it doesn’t matter what your thoughts are on #PullTheRipcord. Everyone can agree, Ion lied.

5 Likes

I mean, dude. All he has to say is, “yeah, guys. I lied we didn’t have a back up plan.” Like, I’d still be mad af about it, but I’d understand and have way more respect for their game design decision, ya know?

Right now, I don’t feel very respected especially since there’s a freakin’ thread on the beta forums with 4k upvotes regarding how bad the covenant system is.

1 Like

I’d love nothing more to see him being called out on being a liar in any and all future interviews he does, and I want to see how he responds to it. If he has even a shred of dignity left, he’s going to stay away from one-on-one unscripted interviews till the expansion is over.

1 Like

Losing credibility is extremely easy, I’m not sure how he plans to win us back.

He’s never going to :joy: If anything, he might just spite us even more by removing flying altogether.

1 Like

God if he did that we would have way more people on our side.

2 Likes

Could somebody please post an image of a ripcord?

1 Like

I also can’t wait to see the prospect of farming for sockets in the Maw while walking to get from one place to another.

That’s the horrible thing about it, too. Why does he have to fight the playerbase? Why can’t he just be honest with us? We want to love WoW, but it’s hard to when you treat us like big dummies.

1 Like

One of the lead writers for the DK forums posted a super spicy tweet yesterday i felt in my soul.

https://twitter.com/MagdalenaDK/status/1303460907910127617

Something along the lines of "Your feedback essentially contradicts the core essentials of the game we want to build from here on in", would have saved us all time and effort.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think it’s so that he can feel more accomplished and less guilty when he hops on his shaman for 2 hours a week to get carried by his raid team through mythic bosses.

2 Likes

Off topic but please contact me if you’re any good with writing addons.

I’m looking to hire a coder to write an addon called Meaningful choice helper that shows covenant choices of people on LFG.

I will pay you for your time.

Timboslice#5407

1 Like

Are they going to listen to what players are saying and have said in BETA?

They essentially said yes, but they don’t like our feedback so they will continue on their path.

9.3.8 update: we’ve heard your feedback and decided to separate covenant powers and soul binds from their respective covenants and have decided they will be entirely cosmetic.

4 Likes

Well we got the first joke for the April 1st patch

Yikes, man. The horrible thing about it, it’s true, unfortunately.

1 Like