#PullTheRipcord

Shadowlands pre-patch isn’t even out and I’m already fed up and tired of Covenants.

6 Likes

The forum is only a small fraction of the whole community and most of the posters on the forum are here to complain. Take a look around sometime, you’ll notice that it’s pretty trendy here to be anti-Blizzard everything anymore.

As people said earlier, we’ll survive this.

People will quit just as they did on BFA release and then in a patch or two it will be changed, 100%. I’ll make sure to keep all these up to date so we can rub it in their faces.

You mean fair criticism?

2 Likes

Way I see it, they can mess up Shadowlands and survive by dropping TBC classic when they see a mass exodus. They can mess up the next expansion and have it rescued by WotLK classic. After that? They better be on their game, because Cata classic isn’t going to have the same rescuing power as TBC and WotLK.

1 Like

Hmm interesting, discusson on reddit is overwhelmingly negative too.

1 Like

The problem is each time there is a mass exodus there are some people who don’t come back.

I’m not say wow is dying but we can’t ignore the bleed due to releasing poorly designed and balanced systems.

1 Like

Of course they’ll change it up and add some sort of easy-mode or catch-up mechanic, they always do anymore. This is how it works now since a number of players aren’t interested in character progression anymore, they’d rather this game be more like Fortnite where they can just log on and do the content they want then log off bypassing all character progression and power progression.

As someone who started a raid team in Uldir I’ve watched this happen too often. With every convoluted system released one or two people will leave and never return.

Worst comparison you’ve made so far Yesuna.

2 Likes

then how is it even meaningful why tie this power that so many people are so passionate about either way just to make some “meaningful choice” it literally just becomes some lame wall. Ive made 10 characters leveled 3 none of the choices feel good. none of them even come remotely near an impactful “RPG CHOICE”

such a lame stance to take, “iTs MeAnInGfUl”. such a fake and vague answer.

Some people might ,but I might not.

I was barely tolerating BFA as it was, I’ve zero interest in shadowlands anymore, I’ve already shut down my subs and the like, just waitin’ for the days to tick down.

I’ve no faith blizzard can actually do anything good anymore. I was really hopin’ it was gonna be one of those stupid Team A team B expansions things, but it’s clear blizzards focus on getting money and sacrificing employees for it has severely damaged their products, and they seem completely disconnected from their playerbase, and only know how to make weird, nonsense changes and toss in grinding systems anymore.

12+ years of playin’ and I’m for the first time feeling completely apathetic towards a new wow expansion. It’s not a fun experience.

My class I enjoy playin’ is getting zero benefits, the covenant systems are just an absolute mess, the story feels like it’s just gona completely off the bloody rails since the start of BFA. Cna’t even RP anymore and feel like I’m enjoying the setting anymore.

It’s actually rather depressin’ all things considered.

1 Like

Greetings fellow restoration shaman.

Yes, it’s quite a grim situation - If i didn’t enjoy playing with my guild so much I would be well and truly out of here after today.

It’s some kind of retention but we won’t go there

What do you mean! Shaman are getting things like searing totem back! Wait…uh, nevermind. Well, at least they reworked enhancement and now it’s performing well! Oh…wait, no. I’m now hearing that it does less than half of the top performing DPS spec. Uhm…errr. You can windfury weapon as resto now?

That said, unrelated to your class, but innervate and mana tea are coming off the GCD. I think we all need some good news now and then.

Man, I know many people on these forums don’t like it, but I’m glad I have FF14 to always fall back on. I love that game and it keeps getting better and better. I’ll enjoy the chaos on the forums once this trash goes live.

im so glad so many of the responses fighting against it are level 20 or 110. But we gotta get our MEANINGFUL changeeeess

the bots are infecting the forums :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such sheer negative feedback regarding a upcoming expansion feature like this. In 15 years.

5 Likes

But just think how easy untying player power like the covenant class abilities form the covenants would of been .

People could of switched them like talents and still have been able to pick a covenant as a meaningful choice and not really have had to worry about switching the actual covenants.

Lot of people offered compromise here . You and others all went in with no it is all or nothing.

They are pretending we have a choice when in reality almost every spec is forced into specific covenants if they don’t want to be severely gimped in all content because half the abilities don’t function with your spec and the other half have a massive power disparity.

Their solution to refusing to make the correct decision in removing them or detaching them from covenants thus far has been nerfing everything but conduits to the point of being meaningless. Which is just going to end up with covenants being meaningless outside of a few random spells the decided to not make trash turning a couple specs in the game into unstoppable monsters without skill expression(probably DH, destruction lock, and fire mage :roll_eyes: )

3 Likes

Then you haven’t been on the forum much. This place goes up in flames around every new expansion, patches are usually mini-flames compared to expansions.

Not on the beta forums. Generally you only see fires like this over there when something is really bad. Ions thread is getting lambasted right now.

2 Likes