#PullTheRipcord

Yesuna MULTIBOXES a hedgehog. Multiple hedgehogs.

1 Like

We should stay on topic though, the people against pulling the ripcord are begging for an opportunity to have the thread closed.

Lol, why? Ripcord aint gettin’ pulled anytime soon.

1 Like

Right, back on topic. Ion’s long post reminds me of a gf i once had. I asked her why she cuts herself. She said its the only way i can feel pain.

1 Like

Ian just wrote today that switching between covenants will be easier, so that should not be a big issue. I guess if you plan on mythic raiding or mythic + you should know ahead of time which covenant will give you the max input for your class. I was hoping that Covenants would not be another dividing fact between the WoW community, but hey, just watch Ian and you know he does not care about anything other than competitive raiding and mythic + so there is nothing new under the sun of A zeroth. It would be so much easier to keep covenants completely out of the raiding and mythic plus requirements. So that every class could enjoy the special buff equally. But that will not happen as long as someone like Ian on the helm.

And you wonder why the pro ripcord crowd is

We actually tried having a decent debate to start off but the antis came in with that attitude and all bets were off.

You have said you want a compromise but your compromise was basically you get what you want and we get the middle finger.

Our compromise was untie the covenant class abilities so that when anyone picked a covenant it would feel good because it would be more of a rp choice then a game play choice.

1 Like

Necro might be the default covenant now for hunters . I was thinking Venthyr too but with the increase of focus cost to a lot of our abilities in SL that Death Chakram ability with its added focus bonus will probably be needed.

Rogues too.

Honestly, you’re right. I know this is gonna get mocked, but I’m incredibly annoyed by Ion’s stupid post, and was just blowing off some steam. Best medicine for that was coming in here and having Sonichu remind me that, no, it doesn’t actually affect me, and then…yeah.

So apparently there was never any ripcord to begin with. As they admitted that pulling it would cause everything to fall apart.

2 Likes

Like you I did multiple hunters but I was hoping to only have to use them to get the covenant sets in hopes at the end of SL they became regular mog sets.

Hopefully I pick the right choice so I can do all the content I want because if I have to do it with multiple toons I may consider quitting.

I 100% refuse to play multiples of the same class, if just doing what I want to do becomes a tedious slog, I’m out. I expect that will be the case. All my friends will be gone, and I’ll be gone, and it’ll be another dead expansion because Blizzard is too blind or too full of ego to take legitimate feedback and give us a game designed to be fun on launch.

3 Likes

Bah gawd i started watching now all my youtube feed is gonna be Asmongold videos.

1 Like

You shouldnt rub it in his face because when they are forced to change it because it turns out to be garbage and unbalanced hes going to do the same to you. Only the thing you supported and advocated for is going to hurt the game.

Exactlly If you want to play multiples of the same class for say mog purposes that is fine but to have to do it for because of different content is wrong.

I’ve done dungeons , raids and BGs for years on this toon but now I’m not sure if I will be able to. At least not at what I feel would be my personal best effort .

Yes I might be able to do it but will I be able to do it to my standards

At the end of the day. I’m going to pick Kyrian, if I do not like how shadowlands is with my hybrid class because I can’t switch between the covenant abilities freely and soulbinds, I’ll quit.

Blizzard is basically choosing to compromise fun for their vision. If they can’t let players have fun the way the players want, then I’ll be sure to let them know with my wallet, and a hearty survey.

Sorry, Blizzard. I love your games, but I know you cannot balance, covenants, classes, soul binds, and talents to all be chooseable within the range of PvP, M+, and raiding. There’s too many variables and there’s too many accounts of the past where you couldn’t balance all of these accordingly either.

It would be way easier to just let players enjoy all the covenant abilities you have to offer instead of fighting the community to try to fix something that is already broken, so you can focus on other aspects of the game to make it better for every player. Your covenant system will take so much time off your balance team to do the impossible, that there won’t be any other changes, and you’ll fall short like you always do.

5 Likes

Bare minimum, he needs to budge on the week long conduit lockout and make that either totally free and whenever (unlikely) or a daily cooldown (reasonable).

I’m telling you now, that’s going to be the thing that pisses off most people when this goes live.

2 Likes

why wouldn’t you want to have 6 mains of the same class in different covenants, look at the fun you would have.

Haha Asmon is great.

From the people who brought you “We removed PvP vendors because people couldn’t find them”

Comes

Granting access to one of these without the others would lead to an incomplete or confusing result

2 Likes

I can’t wait to do Torghast endless (18 floors) mode!